Page 114 of 279 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2786

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 114

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    There's an app for that

mine's called Data Usage
    I have that app (the free one). Just have to figure out how to do a reset for a specific period of time.

Pretty much all packed, aside from the necessary toiletries in the morning. Flight to Chicago at 0645, so I'll be up far too early for my liking, then get into St Louis by noon, then an hour drive to the base. A colleague is getting in a couple of hours before me, and will wait with her rental car. Should be a relatively interesting week, looking forward to no cooking, dishes, and most of all, (hopefully) no kid drama for me. Hubby's turn to deal with that if it arises. And son #1 may be driving by the time I get home, next test is Friday...I have my fingers crossed! Though I might get home and find my car is out!!!

Physio wants me to start ramping up the activity over the next few weeks before I can get back in. I'm not as regular on the stretching as I should be, but will do some stuff while away. Still waiting for a foam roller that's on backorder.

Eats:
    B: IF with black coffee
    L: 3 egg muffins with bacon & cheddar, green salad with chicken, 3 small dill pickles
    S: 12 almonds
    D: cabbage sauteed in ghee, pulled pork, sauerkraut, broccoli
    3 squares dark chocolate
    A vodka soda with lime to facilitate efficiency in packing

Don't think I"ll be here much till the weekend, unless I have unexpected WiFi, so I don't rack up a huge bill. Maybe that's not such a bad thing, I spend too much time on my computer these days instead of being out there living my life.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Happy trails and stay safe.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Have a great week.
    Safe flights.
    NO kid drama.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I made it, but with much frustration as my original flight got cancelled, had to get rebooked on a later flight, got word to the gal meeting me about the change, but we didn't find each other in the airport for an hour. Got dropped off at the base, met other friend, so after an unplanned full day IF had a good steak dinner with a couple glasses of Pinot noir.

Heading out with people from the meetings soon for dinner, and an old colleague will be there, I'm really looking forward to catching up.

My room has wifi, which was a nice surprise, and I managed to set my data counter to track any 3G use.

In the toronto airport waiting for my flight home, sipping a glass of wine, in celebration of son #1 just passing his drivers test, finally .

The question is will my car be home when I get there??

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    In the toronto airport waiting for my flight home, sipping a glass of wine, in celebration of son #1 just passing his drivers test, finally .

The question is will my car be home when I get there??
    no

(congrats to your son)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    no
    Ha, you were right. He and my car were at the gym when I got home. Then he and buddies went out looking for stuff for Halloween costumes for a dance later, so successfully navigated some areas of the city he was rather unfamiliar with.

The trip was good, quite productive on the work front, made a lot of valuable contacts. And was surprised than an old friend (a US Air Force nurse that had been posted to Canada for a few years a while back) was now at that base. We shared some good laughs and a few drinks. Had a walk around downtown St Louis on Thurs night, which was pretty fun. Discovered that it was home city to the 6th game of the World Series (can you tell I don't follow baseball?), so lots of Cardinals attired fans wandering about. I ate a plate of "famous" St Louis BBQ ribs, which were really good. The night before was a 10 oz burger pattie topped with bacon & cheddar, with some home cut fries. First night was a ribeye steak with baked sweet potato topped with honey cinnamon butter & a side of broccoli. Good eats.

I found 2% fage yogurt, which was very tasty, and also a chobani 0%, which was good, but not as nice as the fage. Snacks during the meetings were predictable...panera bagels the first day, hot krispie kream donuts the next, along with a basket of mini halloween chocolate bars (of which I indulged on a few...mounds and almond joy).

Last night home to a dinner of grilled striploin steak, mushrooms & grilled asparagus, with berries & cream for dessert. I was falling asleep before midnight, (not surprising when up at 5), but then was having some issues with sorting out son #1...he was at a dance for under 18s downtown, and we had some poor communication as to when and how he was getting home, as my texts were going unanswered and his plans were changing on and off. I ended up until 3am before finally getting a reasonable answer...needless to say I was rather pissed off, and it didn't help that hubby had gone to bed long earlier seemingly unconcerned. All was well in the end, I discussed my 'displeasure' with the kid today, and he apologised for his not communicating his plans. So to bed at 3, and slept until just after 11.

Today's eats:
    black coffee
    2 pepperoni sticks, a tsp of raw honey
    D: salad of mixed greens/scallions/tomato with lime/acv/dijon/garlic/shallot/evoo dressing, scallops, antipasto of grilled tomatoes, peppers, feta stuffed hot pepper. Wine.

Groceries done for the boys for the week, laundry done, and packing to do tomorrow. Off again on Monday morning. Hopefully better luck with flights this time. I connect in Chicago, which I've heard is a great place to have bad luck with flights...

It was nice to let son #1 have the car to get himself to work and back...now he's showering and I think he's expecting to take the car again to go "chill" with his friends...or so he told hubby, not that he's asked me yet.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 10-29-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Up late waiting for my car to come home safely, and then a decent sleep in for 8 1/2 hours of sleep. I had to go into work to check on some emails & stuff for a while, and pick up a few odds and ends for the week.

Today's eats:
    late B: steak & 4 eggs fried in ghee, black coffee
    D: 2 grilled burger patties topped with cheddar, salsa & guacamole, sweet potato fries oven baked in coconut oil with cinnamon & cayenne.
    3 mini halloween butterfinger chocolate bars. Oops.
    2 rum & zevia.

Now I have to finish packing, seems like I just got back. Pretty much stuff back into the suitcase the same stuff I took out and laundered yesterday. Off to the airport before 7am, and home Friday early afternoon. At least I still have my weekends...then hubby is off for next week. Good grief. I think we'll have a week both at home sometime in late November, before he goes off again.

zengf794huang is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like you're doing really well.

Great on the reduction in cravings! I'm going through some withdraws myself right now. Oh, and sleep- yes- we need sleep!

Hope your son is okay!