Page 113 of 261 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2610

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 113

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yeah I've heard that coffee withdrawals are way worse than carb flu

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Somewhere around 7 hours of sleep last night. Still not enough, but could be worse.

Some more kid stress inducing moments today after the orthodontist appointment. Bad for a while, seems to have settled now. I really don't like these ups and downs. When they were little and had those whiny, tantrumy moments, I used to think things would be so much better when they got older. Yeah, nice idealistic thought, not so much in reality. Yet we survive to face another day.

I stretched on my cubicle floor at lunchtime. Felt good, and was well needed.

Eats:
    B: black coffee, 5 eggs scrambled in ghee with mushrooms & spinach with a sprinkle of aged cheddar. I love mushrooms. And cheese.
    green teas
    D: tomato meat sauce on top of spaghetti squash and spinach with shavings of fresh parmesan.
    3 small squares of baci hazlenut dark chocolate...had to stash the rest away, it's very sweet and too good to keep hanging around.
    Wine, though I did mix it with soda water. I appreciated the bubbles.

No significant belly upset today, even with the eggs at breakfast. Maybe it's something else entirely? I've been taking probiotics pretty much daily for a few months now.

My excitement for the day (haha, how sad is this) was perusing Walmart. The kids needed socks and some toiletries. And I cleaned a bathroom.

Next week I'm travelling from Tues to Fri, and then again the following week from Mon to Fri, both trips to the US. I have to check into what are the roaming fees for my iPhone out of country. And yes, it's all work stuff, not fun and leisure, though the second trip is to Georgia, so I'm looking forward to warmer weather.

Another 7 hours or so for sleep.

Belly was good today, and I had some eggs too. And coffee.

I've been horribly distracted and unfocussed at work all week. Partly the kid stuff, partly construction noise in the building, partly listening to conversations all around me in cubicle land. Ick. I SO don't want to overhear much of what I can't help but hear all day long some days.

Eats:
    B: black coffee, 3 HB eggs with avocado/lime/tobasco, some greek yogurt, turkey deli meat.
    green and herbal teas
    D: made the crock pot 'rotisserie' chicken linked by Lady Grok - A Year of Slow Cooking: CrockPot Rotisserie-Style Chicken Recipe . A keeper recipie for sure, the boys both agree. Some chicken on baby romaine with evoo/balsamic, last of the CSA radishes. One slice of bacon crumbled on the salad.
    Presently having kombucha in my favourite wine glass. Unfortunately, I had trouble unscrewing the cap on the bottle, so it fizzed up all over the counter and I had to wait for the stuff (mother? scobie?) to settle before pouring. Still good though.

I might end up taking over son #2's gym membership that we got for him in the summer. He has only gone a few times and despite our best efforts, isn't too motivated to find a good time for him to go, says he will start using the bowflex and stuff we have in the basement. So if he really isn't going to use the membership, somebody might as well. I used to go there a couple of years ago, it's a really good gym, much better than the one right beside my work. And they have more yoga classes now too, which is a plus. I may wait a couple of weeks just to be sure he won't want to keep it since I'll be traveling, but likely will take it over in Nov. Then I'll have to use it since I'm paying for it. Some days it just doesn't work out during the work day, and I really don't like the small smelly gym there, it's just convenient when I can make it.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    sounds like a good idea taking over the gym membership... why waste it after all!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    3 small squares of baci hazlenut dark chocolate...had to stash the rest away, it's very sweet and too good to keep hanging around.
    Wine, though I did mix it with soda water. I appreciated the bubbles.
    I've been indulging in chocolate a lot lately...
    I've done the wine & soda water before. Bubbles are nice

My excitement for the day (haha, how sad is this) was perusing Walmart. The kids needed socks and some toiletries. And I cleaned a bathroom.

Next week I'm travelling from Tues to Fri, and then again the following week from Mon to Fri, both trips to the US. I have to check into what are the roaming fees for my iPhone out of country. And yes, it's all work stuff, not fun and leisure, though the second trip is to Georgia, so I'm looking forward to warmer weather.
    Well, the next two weeks sound more exciting

D: made the crock pot 'rotisserie' chicken linked by Lady Grok - A Year of Slow Cooking: CrockPot Rotisserie-Style Chicken Recipe . A keeper recipie for sure, the boys both agree.
    That looks good!

I might end up taking over son #2's gym membership that we got for him in the summer.
    Can you transfer the membership?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I'm hoping the membership is transferable. I haven't read the fine print on the contract, but am sure if I make up the difference from student rate to adult, it should be okay. It was a year contract, like most chain gyms, there's not really a month to month option.

I ended up IFing today, not planned, but was running a bit behind this morning (there's that inadequate sleep and snooze button dangerous combo again), so opted to wait it out, as I wasn't that hungry anyway. Turned out to be an easy IF day with 2 black coffees and a few mugs of green and herbal tea at work. Grabbed a pepperoni stick, 12 almonds and 2 squares of chocolate after about 18 hours. Could have waited till dinner, but chose not to. I have some steaks ready for grilling shortly.

Another good physio session this morning. The xrays showed no osteophytes or issues with the hip joint like osteoarthritis, which is good, so we know it's truly a muscle and IT band issue, so that's workable. Though the xray report noted some "normal early degenerative changes"...WTF? I didn't like the sound of that, but was told no worries. Sounds like stuff for people much older than 43.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    That chicken recipe looks great. I agree that slow-cooking and chicken skin doesn't work too, it goes all white and bleck! But you could do this with the skin and serve broken off pieces of it with the chicken.

Um, I think I know what I'm cooking for dinner tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    ! But you could do this with the skin and serve broken off pieces of it with the chicken.
    HA! You've read my mind (well, sort of)...I saved the chicken skin, which looks kind of like a chicken shaped sweater , and was thinking of doing just that! Haven't seen it as a recipe before, but the idea sounded great! I might do that tomorrow if the skin is still 'normal' smelling (it's currently stuffed into a plastic bag in the fridge.

Fri dinner was a huge rib steak (only ate about 1/3-1/2), mushrooms & peppers, plus a lovely bottle of cabernet-merlot, and a rum & zevia. Later a half a cup of haagen daz praline & cream ice cream with extra pecans and another dark chocolate square. Up too late and then a sleep in.

Saturday:
    Leisurely coffee & browse of the sale papers, trip to the farmer's market for eggs, local raw honey & grass fed ground beef. Found another vendor that isnt usually there Saturdays with the beef - they sell big orders but by the half, not quarter for grass fed and finished beef. I don't have room for that much, and I'm not sure my friends are willing to get that much grass fed beef. Groceries, and a bit of a browse in some shops, but found nothing to buy. I'm wanting some casual clothes, but nothing is striking my fancy with this season's fashions...long sweaters and angel sleeved blouses are what I wore in the 70s as a kid...just can't really go there that easily. Why do they always recycle old ideas? I felt the same way about chunky shoes a few years back. Took me a long time to wear them.

Sat foods:
    only coffee before mid afternoon, then a pepperoni stick, a large ambrosia apple with almond butter (been a long time since I had one of these...delicious), probably 2 tsp of local raw honey, because it's sooo good. Felt a bit blah after all this. Dinner later was salad with scallops, and gnawing on the rib steak bone from yesterday. Was mom taxi as son #1 worked until 1030, and #2 wanted a ride after 11 to sleep at a friend's house, so home around midnight. Then good for a vodka soda with lime and a glass of white. 2 more pepperoni sticks. Fell asleep in the TV room. Hubby was a bit grumpy about that as he was waiting for me upstairs...ah well.

I watched "I, Caveman" last night. Rather interesting. I'm glad I read Robb Wolf's blog posts on a lot of the behind the scenes stuff before I watched, it gave a different perspective from just the producer/editor's perspective. It's worth a watch.

Today:
    9 hours sleep. Woke foggy with a bit of a headache, kinked shoulders, and remnants of a weird dream involving son #2. It dissipated. Coffee, and breakfast of 3 fried eggs with the last bit of steak & mushrooms. Out for some shopping again, picked up 3 t shirts for cheap, and a steal of a deal on a Bench dark grey hoodie: micro fleece lined, wool outer, was $120, which I'd never pay, but was mistakenly marked down and the store honored the tags...so mine for $42. Nice.

I made some bacon cheddar egg muffins, and a slow cooker BBQ pulled pork (PB cookbook), which tastes very good. I haven't had dinner yet, as I'm not that hungry, but will have some meat with sauerkraut. Oh, and ate a few dill pickles earlier. Son #1 picked up an extra few hours at work, and #2 went to a movie, so unexpectedly only hubby & I home for dinner.

Planning on starting my packing for the trip in Tues, I leave at a stupid early hour for the flight. Found out for my iPhone there are are no agreements between my provider and any US carriers, so any internet stuff is $3 per megabyte. That could add up fast, so I think I'll restrict my usage when not in WiFi areas (don't expect to have WiFi at the AFB where we're staying). I should figure out how to reset my data usage counter to monitor my time away, that might be a good idea.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    There's an app for that

mine's called Data Usage
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy