Page 112 of 279 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2786

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 112

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post

***a public service announcement for those of you are not parents***

If you have read any of this journal and are considering having children, whether soon or someday, be aware that they can/will be hazardous to your sleep patterns and cortisol level.

<ok, end rant>
    Yup...

It's always something... Very difficult to believe that in 3 years, it is possible that we could have no kids in the home, depending on what they decide to be doing. Strangely exciting, yet scary...
    Yup...it could happen here in less than 2 years...

So far today was coffee, a bit of a pork chop, one pepperoni stick and a few pecans.
    I think I eat too much...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post

I think I eat too much...
    Don't think that was any example of a typical day for me. I slept in, then coffee and paper till noon, then out for errands. I often look at your food log and think I eat WAY more than you...though being taller, that makes sense. Today I slept in again, but have had along with my coffee a 4 egg omelet with mushrooms, spinach and a bit of steak.

Managed to get the front yard put to bed for the quickly approaching winter. Annuals pulled (along with weeds), perennials cut back. Hubby and I got at it together, so it wasn't so bad, despite being pretty chilly and super windy.

Breakfast as noted above, and I made a big pot of chili from the PB cookbook for dinner. I also made some coconut flour biscuits from here Coconut Flour Biscuits. Not bad with the chili, and even better with honey on top. I've had 3...though in my defence, they aren't that big, and only one was with honey. Also a few almonds (maybe 12?) in the afternoon. And some wine.

My back is feeling more sore than my hip today, for some reason. And that's even before the gardening. I think it's time for some stretching.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I feel like it was just last week you were saying you were soaking in your pool to cool off and now yuo have fast approaching winter... what's that about....

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I feel like it was just last week you were saying you were soaking in your pool to cool off and now yuo have fast approaching winter... what's that about....
    No kidding. I seem to recall it was still some days in the +30s in early Sep, and now this week is single digits, frost and a chance of snow flurries tomorrow night... Kind of curtails the enjoyment in walking outside, especially when the wind is often so bitter.

Today my low back has been a nagging discomfort, more than the hip, once again. What's up with that? I did a good stretch last evening, did so a few times at work in my cubical, and might heat it up before more stretching tonight. Physio tomorrow morning.

I've also had a bit of an upset stomach that started after breakfast, and is still there. Didn't stop me from dinner, no better, no worse. To be honest, I'm starting to wonder if the eggs are doing it, though yesterday's omelet was fine. I'm not convinced about a 30 day elimination trial, but at some point perhaps a week or so might be in order if it seems to persist.

Eats:
    B: black coffee, 3 eggs fried in ghee with a bit of steak
    assorted green & mint teas
    D: plateful of primal buffalo wings.

Hubby has opened a beer (not that I drink beer these days), and I'm tempted to have some wine. We'll see. Have to pick son #1 up from the gym shortly.

And I really need that good sleep tonight. Sunday I had a good sleep in with close to 10 hours, but last night was just under 7. And not due to the kids, just me poking about and not getting my ass to bed in a timely manner. If I really got the sleep part down, I think it would make a hell of a lot of difference. As Robb Wolf says, if you don't get the sleep in order (as in enough of it), the rest (foods, exercise, etc) is pretty much useless. I should listen to that a lot more than I do.

On another note, it looks like there's some forward movement on one of my "irons in the fire" for what I'll be doing when my current term position finishes. More on that when I know where it's going (or not).

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Canadian Weather...

just me poking about and not getting my ass to bed in a timely manner.
    This is my problem.

As Robb Wolf says, if you don't get the sleep in order (as in enough of it), the rest (foods, exercise, etc) is pretty much useless. I should listen to that a lot more than I do.
    Me too...
    I get enough hours of sleep, they are just the wrong hours...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Malka4re is offline Junior Member
    so welcome your thoughts.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    It makes my day to see I am not alone being spammed.

If I really got the sleep part down, I think it would make a hell of a lot of difference. As Robb Wolf says, if you don't get the sleep in order (as in enough of it), the rest (foods, exercise, etc) is pretty much useless. I should listen to that a lot more than I do.
    hmm well this is kind of interesting... I'm sleeping really really well at the moment and putting on weight. I think that Mark has it right with the blueprint though, it is not just one thing, it is everything put together. I sleep well and for the most part eat really well, and although I enjoy my wine, I dont overindulge on too many ocassions. HOwever I totally suck at move often and lift heavy things.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It makes my day to see I am not alone being spammed.
    Yeah, what is it with these idiots?? They make no sense, and don't even try to link to anything.

hmm well this is kind of interesting... I'm sleeping really really well at the moment and putting on weight. I think that Mark has it right with the blueprint though, it is not just one thing, it is everything put together. I sleep well and for the most part eat really well, and although I enjoy my wine, I dont overindulge on too many ocassions. HOwever I totally suck at move often and lift heavy things.
    I agree, I think if we could get all the parts working together, all 10 primal laws, things might just fall into place. Many days it just doesn't seem possible, though I could take more control of some of them.

Have I mentioned lately that my kids, well, one of them anyway, are giving me stress? It's another one of those evenings. I worry. That impacts cortisol, relaxation, sleep, eating (and wine consumption), ability to play, and so on.

Physio was decent today. He worked more on the low back, as well as the hip/IT band. Feeling better tonight. I should do some yoga stuff here at home, but am really not in the mood, plus I'm kind of full from dinner. Was sent for hip xrays too, more for the painful side, but did both in order to compare. Next physio on Friday.

Eats:
    B: decided to stay off eggs for today. greek yogurt, chicken wings. black coffee
    green teas
    D: bison short ribs, roasted sweet potato with butter, green salad.

The upset belly went away last night after a vodka/soda/lime...maybe the fizzy drink helped. It returned briefly after breakfast, but minor and went away soon. Then as I was being manipulated at physio first thing in the morning, my belly was gurgling something fierce! As in everyone in the room could hear it. Good grief. I'm also wondering if the morning coffee might not be helping matters. I'm not ready to give that up, even for a trial, at the moment. I might kill something. Last time I deployed last year, we had no caffeine for about 3 days, and all had wicked headaches...finally got some hot water, had a coffee, and voila. No more headaches.