Page 110 of 273 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2729

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 110

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ah, if it's not one thing, it's another...

Had a rather lousy start to my day, son #2 was very frustrated and angry over his orthodontic appliance (palate expander), had an appt yesterday, but is not happy with the whole thing, discomfort, etc. He ranted for a while, I did my best to listen and show empathy, what the hell else can I do?? He's still insisting he won't wear it for the next 8 months as he's supposed to.

So I leave late for work, and traffic is a bitch. While I'm stuck going nowhere fast, get a text that bus left without him, though he was right there...so since I'm late anyway, do a u-turn, and go pick him up so he won't miss first period. Then he's ranting about dad washing one of his new shirts last night and the sleeves have shrunk...which of course, is the end of the world (actually, it sucks, as it wasn't a cheap shirt...sigh). Got to work about an hour after I should be there.

Of course all I'm really thinking is "suck it up, princess", which I don't say out loud...this is not one of those times when it will be helpful.

Needless to say, the tone of my day was set early, I shouldn't be letting this bother me all day, but it's stuck in my brain and won't go away. Damn.

*%^$@#%**

Suse is offline Senior Member
    <hug> Hope things improve.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Had a rather lousy start to my day,
    that sucks

Then he's ranting about dad washing one of his new shirts last night and the sleeves have shrunk...which of course, is the end of the world (actually, it sucks, as it wasn't a cheap shirt...sigh).
    Once my Farmer washed and dried my La Senza bras...he hasn't touched my laundry since

Needless to say, the tone of my day was set early, I shouldn't be letting this bother me all day, but it's stuck in my brain and won't go away. Damn.

*%^$@#%**
    I still remember, years ago, I made my Oldest Son wear a mustard coloured sweater to school (maybe grade 1) he cried, pouted, said all the kids would laugh at him, he HATED the shirt, but I made him wear it. I spent the whole day upset about it, thinking about what a "bad" mother I was (I also remembered my mother making me do the same thing, only in grade 7). After school, I asked him how his day was. "Great!" His friends liked his shirt...

Kids can make the weirdest things stick in your brain...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Yeah, I've learned to keep particular items of my clothing out of the regular laundry pile...it's great that hubby does laundry regularly, but everything is classified into "darks" or "lights"...with no distinguishing between fabrics, hanging to dry, delicates, etc. He did say that that particular load was done in cold wash with a low temp dry... when I asked son #2 if his day got better than it started, his reply was "it couldn't have gotten any worse..." whatever. Someday, someday.

Anyway, I did get some work done in the end. It was a beautiful Indian summer day...+31C, which is record setting for this time of year. Granted, I didn't take the opportunity to enjoy much of it after work. Very windy. Had a couple of errands to do, then supper & cleanup, and son #1 wanted some driving practice to prep for his road test tomorrow. He did pretty well, so I've got my fingers crossed that he does well on the test.

The big breakfast is working out pretty well so far. It's holding me till dinner the past 2 days. I believe I'll keep this up for now, at least during the week. Weekends are always a bit different.

Today's foods:
    B: black coffee, 4 eggs scrambled in ghee, leftover chicken
    green teas
    S: after work, tsp of coconut oil, one small pepperoni stick
    D: taco seasoned ground beef on spinach leaves, one small avocado. one date coconut thing.
    a glass of wine. yes, I know.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I would have had the wine too if my day started like yours.... but hell, you know me, I'd have the wine whatever the way the day started

Son #1 did not pass his drivers road test today. He was really down after, but is okay tonight. One of his buddies just passed his 3rd attempt today, so the kid knows he's not the only one. Mom's taxi is back in business for another 3 weeks until the retest.

Son #2 is still having issues with the orthodontic stuff. I sent an email to the orthodontist tonight outlining the problem. Maybe she can squeeze him in tomorrow to sort him out. I'm hoping so.

I had physio this morning. Heat, stretching, mobilizing the hip joint, then something new...accupuncture. 2 needles in the hip and one in the thigh in the IT band. While I sat there needled for 15 min, I was on my iPhone and nearly took a photo...then decided that would be a bit weird, and didn't. I was quite sore after the appointment, and still sort of am now, I suspect more due to the mobilization and stretching than the accupuncture. I need to be stretching more.

Eats:
    B: black coffee, 5 eggs scrambled in ghee
    assorted green teas (mint & ginger)
    spoon of coconut oil
    D: basa filet, crusted in almond meal & dill, fried in coconut oil, spinach sauteed in ghee with garlic, bit of rice cooked for the kids, maybe close to 1/4 cup?
    piece of beef jerky. 2 glasses of wine. Yes, once again. The day seemed to call for it.

Long weekend ahead for Thanksgiving, yay . Unfortunately, it seems I've missed out on getting a free range turkey from the local organic place since I didn't preorder...too bad. The one I got last year was the most tasty turkey I've ever made. Maybe we'll just do some good steaks .
    Last edited by Greensprout; 10-06-2011 at 09:07 PM. Reason: foodz additions

Son #1 has recovered nicely from yesterday's disappointment at the driver's test. Back to his normal cheery self.
    Son #2 had another grumpy morning, but his jaw is more tolerable today, he is okay with seeing how the weekend goes. Sigh.

Nothing else much to say, but yay for being let off work a bit early for the long weekend. Nasty windy today, our deck has a panel with a wood lattice that got half blown off by the wind, and was flapping in the gusts. Son #1 and I tried to screw it back on (do you thing I could find a damn nail in hubby's nicely organized workshop??? Every tool under the sun, but nary a nail in sight...but scrounged up a cordless drill and a few screws). Got it sort of secured, but then another gust pulled it right back off and nearly onto the kid's head...so we decided it was futile, as some of the lattice panel was already broken. We pulled the top half off instead of pulling out the tiny nails in the bottom half, and left for hubby to deal with. I consider that a job well done!

Eats:
    B: black coffee, smoothie with protein powder, coconut milk, 4 frozen strawberries
    S: after work, 2 mini pepperoni sticks, bit of coconut oil
    D: skirt steak with red wine reduction, brussel sprouts roasted in bacon fat.

Eventually, one rum & diet coke and 2 glasses of wine.

I've been monitoring calories this week, sticking to the big breakfast + supper meals, and reducing total intake. Seems to be going well. Pretty much satisfied, though the liquid breakfast today left me hungry earlier, hence the snack. My jeans feel a bit looser than when I wore them last a week ago, they had become a tad snugger than previous. Most interesting.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    When I was doing the big breakfast thing, I tried a protein smoothie a couple of times to save time. Without exception I was starving a few hours later when eggs and meat would take me to dinner, no problem.
    They say that liquid food and whey protein particularly elicits a fairly significant insulin response which could explain it.

About 9 hours of sleep, from 1 till 10ish. I headed out to the famer's market for more eggs, and woohoo- managed to find free range turkeys for $2.49/lb, which is about a dollar less that where I got one last year. Score . I have a 13 pounder. Also picked up goat milk soap, and a huge cauliflower.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    When I was doing the big breakfast thing, I tried a protein smoothie a couple of times to save time. Without exception I was starving a few hours later when eggs and meat would take me to dinner, no problem.
    They say that liquid food and whey protein particularly elicits a fairly significant insulin response which could explain it.
    I've read that too, hadn't really been using protein powder at all for a long time, though it used to be a breakfast staple a year ago. Today I had another 2 scoops in half a cup of coconut milk again (rather than fasting before heading out to the market) as a trial...once again, I'm hungry about 3 hours later. Probably will put this idea back on the shelf again, other than a rare exception.

I have some dry rub pork back ribs in the oven for dinner...they are smelling most yummy right now.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Around 8 hours sleep last night. Finally pulled off the last of my cherry tomatoes, (a ton, plus a huge bowl of green ones). Then I had a call to work an evening ER shift...haven't actually been there to work in about a year...so I worked 330-1130. Pretty decent, not too busy, but it felt good to be back at the bedside. And a few extra dollars earned, which is always a good thing .

Eats:
    B (1130 am): 4 eggs fried with 3 slices of bacon, black coffee
    D (9 pm): ribs, few cherry tomatoes.
    after work: small pepperoni stick, big glass of wine, small chunk of parmesan.

Thanksgiving tomorrow, so turkey cooking for me. It will just be the 4 of us, so I'm not going crazy making tons of stuff. Just a decent meal.

Interestingly, over the last week with the big breakfasts plus dinner, and tracking calories to keep things more on track, it seems like I've dropped a couple of pounds. I'll keep this pattern going for a while, as it seems to be working...