Page 11 of 273 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 11

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Early to bed didn't happen, no surprise there. Turned in at 1130. Seemed to take a long time to fall asleep, which is not usual, and had a lot of weird dreams. Wasn't full anymore by the time I went to bed, so not due to full belly. Once I shook out the cobwebs in the morning, felt fairly rested however.

Pulled off a 25 hour IF today. Strangely full of energy at work (being busy helped), had to leave early to take son #2 to an appointment, but by afternoon felt an almost manic type of energy. Not that I had opportunity to use it productively. Stirred the compost.

Broke fast with a very filling dinner: small bit of raw celery, cuke, strawberry tomatoes, one german smoked sausage, 1/2 cup or so of sauerkraut, and gnawed the meat off of the last leftover rib steak bone that I'd forgotten about. Also had 3 primal napalm poppers (thanks DarthFriendly for the idea & recipie): fresh jalapeno stuffed with goat cheese wrapped in applewood bacon. Yummmmm. Quite stuffed afterward. Felt very tired a bit after eating, oddly so. A bit better now. Might have a snack before bed, if I do, I'm aiming for some berries with creamed coconut. Forgot I still had a block in the pantry.

Off work tomorrow for Canada Day. Supposed to be a mix of very hot, sun, cloud and thunderstorms, seems typical for this year so far. Maybe will get into the pool for the first time this season. Gardening? Lots of weeds to pull, if my back feels okay. Did get in my 30 min of physio exercises before cooking dinner, which felt good. A reminder of how good it will feel to get back to the gym soon for some real lifting and hope to get back to sprinting soon too.

Very excited to see the news about PrimalCon 2011. Was new to PB for this year's one, but was completely impressed by the coverage of the event, and really wanted to be there. I'm pretty sure I'm going to register for this one, will be able to swing it from the cost point of view, but before registering I'm trying to convince hubby to join me. Not sure if it's the cost or what, but he says I should go, he probably won't. Says "then I'll have to read the book..." is happy with me just telling him what he should be doing without investing his own time (sure, he's busy, but who isn't??) in learning more himself. Will see what I can do over the weekend to change his mind...I think he'd get so much more out of attending than he thinks. Don't want to wait too long for him to make a decision, however, so I don't miss out. It sounds so amazing!

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Those napalm poppers did sound good. I dont think I'd be able to get my partner to eat them though... he's not one for spicy food but I dont mind it. I'll have to get his tastebuds used to it.

primalcon sounds good but I'm wayyyyy too 80/20 to even consider it.
    Enjoy your holiday tomorrow.

Been having a great Canada Day at home. Topped off last night with some cherries and blueberries topped with coconut cream, yum. Had a couple of rum & diet cokes. Stayed up too late waiting for one kid to get home...teenagers.

Today slept in, not very hungry when I got up, coffee with cream and 1/2 cup coconut milk was enough, so went to the Farmers Market again. Found some grass fed striploin steaks (my meat order is still not quite ready), kale, romaine, strawberry tomatoes.

Outside to do about 90 min of weeding, I have a splendid crop of weeds this year. Been neglecting the garden since my back has been acting up, but today was okay. Just took lots of breaks and was very aware of posture/body mechanics. Hopped into the pool and did some pool running (well, somewhat modified as it is an above ground pool so just under 5 ft deep in the middle) including water running sprints. Had fun doing that, sunny, hot and humid. Lounged for a while getting some vitamin D in my bikini afterwards, skin has a bit of dark pink in areas, but feels quite fine. Will put on some coconut oil later.

Had a few pecan halves while prepping dinner. Dry rub pork back ribs, cauliflower mash, caesar salad, caprese salad. Oh, and had some pinot blanc out on the deck with hubby before supper. Lovely, lovely day.

Best news of the day: convinced hubby to come to PrimalCon 2011 with me...so we're registered!! It's a long time off, but I'm so excited and looking forward to meeting Mark and other primals. What an opportunity! I couldn't let this pass by and miss out.

B: coffee with cream, 2 strips applewood smoked bacon & 2 eggs in the bacon fat
    L: tin of smoked mussles (managed to drip the oil onto my white blouse, good thing I was already home early), celery, radish, green pepper
    S: few macadamia nuts
    D: grassfed striploin on the grill, grilled asparagus, sauteed mushrooms. Shared a bottle of carmenere. Nice

Overcooked the steak, think I've read that grassfed cooks quicker, so although tasty, it was a bit tough. Hoping my meat order is in this week.

Very tired after work, even took a nap, though one of those that wasn't very restfull...still hearing all the noise of the others at home, weird dreams, feeling completely heavy and unable to move...guess that tells me that I need more sleep. Maybe that's what is keeping my progress very slow at present. And here I am, still up at 11pm, when I have my first ER shift since hurting my back a month ago. sigh. Back does feel better. Sleep stilll a work in progress.

The sun yesterday left my shoulders actually much more red than pink. Funny thing again is that it doesn't hurt or feel like a sunburn. Slathered in coconut oil last night, this morning and a few minutes ago. Should be more brown than pink by Sunday I think. Last episode like this didn't peel, which it looked like it should have. Must be more careful about sun exposure...some is good, too much is not so good.

Busy day at work in the ER, thunderstorms on and off through the day so didn't miss much there. Back started to feel a bit sore early in the day after bending over too long for blood draws/IV starts, so was more cautious the rest of the day, and used some anti-inflammatories that I made sure to pack just in case.

B: coffee with cream, smoothie (strawberries, blueberries, spinach, coconut oil, protein powder, lots of coconut milk). Very filling
    S: one blueberry butter ball, coffee with cream.
    L: hardboiled egg, the other half of the morning's smoothie
    S: 2 butter balls
    D: (if you can call it that, after 12 hour shift) some crispy slices of pork belly, handful of macadamia nuts. Bit of wine. Still feeling peckish, may have turkey pepperoni or some cheese, or both.

Stuff to do tomorrow around home, and then some friends coming for pool/BBQ later. Probably will do some more steaks on the grill.

Had one turkey pepperette plus a chunk of cheddar last night for snack. Also had a gin & tonic (diet tonic) with lime, which I haven't had in ages. The tonic tasted WAY sweet, in not a good way. If I choose to go for gin/vodka, maybe will have to mix with club soda and lime instead. Bah to the asparatime.

Quick trip to grocery store today. Had a late brunch after (had coffee & cream before): 2 double yolk egg omlette with mushroom, leftover grilled marinated asparagus spears, bit of feta, cooked in butter. Most yummy, and very filling.

Have a chocolate blueberry clafouti in the oven right now, played around with proportions a bit as my last clafouti turned out a bit watery. Can post ingredient list/quantities if it works out. Having friends over soon for pool/BBQ. Rib steaks, sauteed mushrooms (can't have a steak without shrooms), spinach salad, clafouti for dessert. Nice hot day, should be good for the pool.

Lovely afternoon, got some sun and pool time.

Dinner was as planned: spinach salad with raspberry vinagrette, mango, red onion, toasted pine nuts, grilled rib steaks and sauteed mushrooms. Nomnommm. Friends brought some dessert: grilled fruit (strawberries and pineapple marinated in amaretto) on top of berry frozen yogurt (yes, I had one small scoop, felt not right to say no) and some whipped cream (bought canned stuff they brought). I slipped a small slice of the chocolate clafouti into the dish, which was really nice, better texture than last time. Had a couple of light beer in the afternoon and some (like several glasses) of wine with dinner.

Back to work tomorrow...sigh.

tooround is offline Senior Member
    I finally found diet tonic water and was hugely disappointed. Much as I used to enjoy G&T, I've stepped away. Sad ...

Suse is offline Senior Member
    what about a really nice sparkling mineral water with a squeeze of fresh lime or lemon in your G & T. I dont like gin, but I do ocassionally indulge in a vodka like this and its refreshing... I used to always be a vodka and lemonade kinda girl. (I will never drink diet drinks, blah!)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mineral sparkling water is a good idea, might pick up some perrier or other stuff next time I'm thinking about it as an option.

Not enough sleep last night, self induced. That, and having teenagers off school for vacation up late...heard one of them up at 4 am and stayed awake for a while wondering if he was just going to bed at that hour?? (turns out was only up to the bathroom, or so he says).

B: coffee with cream, spoonful of coconut oil
    L: good size bit of steak with mushrooms, slice of chocolate/blueberry clafouti with heavy cream. Planned to have the latter for breakfast at work, but got busy, then wasn't too hungry, so had it with my lunch and was nicely full.
    D: home seasoned beef taco ground beef on lettuce topped with green pepper/mushroom/onion sauteed in coconut oil with red pepper flakes and a splash of coconut milk. Tiny bit of cheddar that was for the kids.
    S: post kid soccer game, one glass sauvignon blanc, maybe some pork rinds shortly.

Should have done physio exercises, but didn't get there and not interested at this hour. Back feeling fine after the shift on Saturday. Have next physio appt on Wed, when we will try out some free weights and running. One I have the go ahead there, I think I'll be more motivated to get off my ass and do the "lift heavy things/sprint once in a while" thing back on track. I love the feeling of being regular on workouts, and enjoy it when I do, but it doesn't seem to take long to get disinterested when sidelined for a bit. Another thing to work on (add to more sleep and less wine plan).

Page 11 of 273 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast