Page 109 of 273 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2729

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 109

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday, let's see...
    IF breakfast (black coffee), then while browsing the mall over noon hour, I picked up a small seaweed salad and a few pieces of salmon sashimi. Really hit the spot. After sorting out the boys for the evening, we had a late dinner of grilled ribeye, sauteed mushrooms and green peppers. One rum & zevia cola, several glasses of wine. Also 2 squares of dark chocolate and a small bowl of organic praline ice cream...it wasn't very good, sort of freezer burned, like it had all melted and then was refrozen. Disappointing. I was also rather achy in most of my muscles still from the PBF workout the other day.

Was up way too late (actually fell asleep in an armchair...) and then had a reasonable sleep in, so 8 hours or so. Hit the farmer's market for eggs, cabbage, broccoli and sauerkraut. I had a free makeup session at one of the cosmetic counters, which was fun, and I learned a few good tips and techniques. Didn't buy anything. A stop at the grocery on the way home to refill on basics. A reasonable day.

I didn't eat (not on purpose, just happened that way) until a piece of beef jerky at 5pm. Dinner at 7 was a bowl of beet soup, 2 pork chops and a spinach salad (spinach, cucumber, radish, scallion, tomato dressed with evoo/dijon/acv/red wine vinegar).

Expecting to have a wine or vodka/soda later, after I pick up son #2 from work, glad he's only on until 10 tonight. Next week is his second attempt at the driver's test, so hopefully next weekend he can drive himself...though that means I have to give him my car

Up too late again last night. The kid worked until 11, I had a couple of vodka soda after picking him up, and fell asleep in the chair once again. Slept in for about 8 hours of sleep. Today I'm somewhat crampy and blah, TOM has arrived.

I should be doing some outside stuff today, as it's nice and sunny, but not feeling very motivated, we'll see. To be honest, I feel more like a nap...

I have a leg of lamb marinating for dinner. Have only roasted lamb a couple of times, so am hoping it turns out well.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ah roast lamb!! Yum, you cant really wreck it unless you seriuosly overcook it.

Will be good when son #2 gets licence but hmmm, yeah, taking your car. Perhaps you should just help him purchase his own

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    It was cold and damp here this afternoon. It was a "curl up on the couch with a book and a blanket" kind of day.

I've never had lamb...

If you can swing it, their own car is WAY better than them driving your car!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I meant son #1 for the work/impending drivers test...#2 just turned 15. As for the car, we would like to help him buy one, but all agreed it isn't needed at this point, so I'll just have to relinquish mine from time to time. As I told #1 today, I have to give up some of my hard earned freedom to allow him to have some of his own . He needs to save some more cash before he's ready to purchase something reliable, and maintain it. Maybe in a year or three, he can buy mine and I can get something better .

Brunch was steak & eggs & mushrooms. Ommmnomnom.

The lamb turned out great. Marinated with evoo/garlic/rosemary/thyme/oregano/lemon zest, and roasted with mushrooms. I also made a lovely celery root puree, which was amazing. An Ina Garten recipe, so cooked in chicken stock and heavy cream...mmmmm...Recipe: Barefoot Contessa's rich celery root puree - Style At Home. A side of broccoli. I had a not so brainy idea and mashed the potatoes for the boys in the food processor...turned out a rather gluey texture...not so nice. Tasted okay, as I checked for seasoning, but I won't be doing that again.

IMG_0008[1]..jpg

I should add that I had a glass of wine while cooking, and another now. And a rum & zevia gingerale. And one coconut date roll...wow. Found those at the bulk place today. At PrimalCon, chef Rachel coated these in dark chocolate...
    Last edited by Greensprout; 10-02-2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: foods

Today kind of sucks. Raging cramps, combined with mild headache, nausea in the morning, upset belly on and off, gassy. Ugh.

No exercise. Frankly, I should have come home early to sleep. As it was, I had just under 7 hours last night.

I don't feel like making dinner, and there are plenty of leftovers, so they can darn well fend for themselves today.

Eats:
    B: black coffee, 4 eggs scrambled with ghee & some lamb
    L: bowl of beet soup, one pork chop
    S: after work, tsp of coconut oil, half a tsp of raw honey. I needed something...
    D: piece of beef jerky, and am freezing a half cup of greek yogurt mixed with protein powder, cocoa, 4 strawberries & a bit of coconut flakes. Sweet flavor wins the day today. That will be plenty.

I might have a glass of wine and then head to bed early. Call it self medication.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    The yogurt mixture sounds great.
    I hope you get to bed early, have a good long sleep and feel better tomorrow.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Thanks wnc. Am feeling a bit better now, and did have 2 glasses of wine...

The frozen protein yogurt is mighty tasty, a good supper substitute.

Read some MDA journals, played some more with my iPhone. Time for bed. Hopefully a more productive day tomorrow. Son #2 orthodontist appointment tomorrow, so have to leave work an hour early. Then hubby's away for the rest of the week...for the next 7 weeks (with the exception of next week), one of us is away during at least part of each week, mostly him. Bah.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Somewhere close to 7.5 hours of sleep last night. I'm feeling better today, not perfect, but considerably better. Reasonably productive at work, which is a good thing. I'm starting to feel the pressure of having just over 3 months left on my term position, and what projects can I see completed or significant progress toward. Then the thoughts of what am I doing when the term is over?? I have several irons in the fire, so to speak, and have to wait out on a response...I'll speak more on that when I have more of a clue on what the hell might be going on. If things don't pan out as I'm hoping, I can always find work as a nurse, but am rather reluctant to go back to regular shift work, which goes with out saying.

Eats:
    B: 4 eggs scrambled in ghee with lamb, black coffee
    assorted green teas through the workday (ginger, lemon, mint)
    D: chicken fajita salad: lettuce, chicken, sauteed peppers/onion/mushroom, tomato, sprinkle of cheddar, avocado, smidgen of sour cream
    later: beef jerky, one vodka soda.

I think I'm going to aim for eating a big breakfast for the next while, maybe lunch or not, and a reasonable dinner. Not leptin reset, but maybe incorporating some of the info and see what happens. Today I was pretty satisfied, and according to a calorie tracker (some iPhone app), I'm still well under 1500 cal, including the adult beverage, rather interesting.

On another note, I lent my PB book to a work colleague, who says she's going to give it a go...I've spent months listening to conversations over the cubicle that have me facepalming...breakfast of toast, coffee break fibre one bar plus fruit, spin class or run at lunch, followed by an instant oatmeal and maybe more fruit. Never see protein, except for fat free yogurt. She's about 10 years older than me, petite and not overweight, but carrying extra around the middle. I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes...

edit: should add that I threw the lamb bone on to simmer this evening for some broth...might make a soup/curry tomorrow.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 10-04-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: bone broth