Page 108 of 274 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2738

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 108

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    welcome back!
    Thanks

I brought my gym bag to work with the full intention of walking at lunch, it was a lovely fall day. Alas, I forgot to pack my VFFs (or any other footwear, for that matter). Wasn't about to go totally barefoot, so the walk had to wait until after work, which was a nice 45 minutes before dinner.

I got my new glasses today (yes, yes, photos to come...still playing with the iPhone...plus the typical after wearing hair up for work all day now tucked into a disheveled ponytail...). I like them, but it's taking a bit to adjust as the frames are wider but less tall, and there's a bit of a curve to the lens, so although no change in prescription, there's some perception changes.

Eats:
    B: black coffee, 3 egg muffins (3 eggs plus about half a cup of pork sausage & a bit of cheese)
    L: BAS- lettuce, cucumber, tomato, radish, evoo/red wine vinegar/dijon with a tin of wild salmon
    D: a lot of primal hot wings.
    one square of dark chocolate.
    No wine. I don't really feel into hot tea tonight, so I'm having some kombucha. The ginger flavour is quite nice.

Now I need to do my stretches. Should use the hot tub first, but I'm rather warm already and don't think I'd enjoy the extra heat. And a decent bedtime is in order, as usual. Just need to actually do it. I have a course to attend tomorrow (in my building, at least) and should be paying attention. Plus I need to be moving in good time in the morning to ride with hubby as my car is in for maintenance. Haven't commuted together much lately due to conflicting schedules or one of us being away.

Sitting all day for that training session nearly killed me The morning was not bad, but the afternoon dragged on and on and on...Now I'm sore.

I got close to 7 1/2 hours of sleep last night, very nice. Still felt like I could have used more...that tells me a lot.

Picked up the last CSA box for the season. I really liked the stuff but probably won't do it next year. I got overloaded with too much stuff that only I (and sometimes hubby...he's sometimes fickle, certainly won't make new stuff himself if I'm not around) will eat. The kids won't eat beets, chard, zucchini, eggplant, and so on. Probably will stick to the farmer's market next season, then I can get what I want and can skip what we've had plenty of.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: 2 egg sausage muffins, a few chicken wings
    D: stuffed portabellos (ground beef & pork mix) topped with a bit of cheddar/jack cheese, topped with middle eastern mixed veg pickle, cucumbers on the side.

IMG_0002[1]..jpg

I also had a tsp or so of fresh honey that hubby got from a coworker who has his own bees. Really good. Too good, in fact

Trying out uploading photos from the iPhone, hopefully it works out okay... hey, why am I sideways??? No idea. You get the point anyway.

Here's the new glasses. Excuse the post work hair...
    IMG_0003[1]..jpg

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Your supper shot looks delicious! What a great idea!

I can't see your glasses photo...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Your supper shot looks delicious! What a great idea!
    Thanks. Found the idea somewhere. Hubby seemed less enthusiastic that I was, but he didn't use the spicy pickle. I ate 1 and a half.

I can't see your glasses photo...
    I can see it...attachment still pending? Been quite a while since I've posted photos, I need a refresher course!

Brewing a cup of vanilla bourbon rooibos tea, and have cherry tomatoes slow roasting in the oven tonight.

I wanna go to PrimalCon 2012!! Not sure we can swing it this time...trying to twist hubby's arm (gee, didn't I do that last year?). Mark even put our Primal Survivor team photo on today's blog announcement, hehehe (we're the two in dark shirts in the middle of the photo with Mark & Timothy). The house sharing option would make it a bit more affordable, so here's hoping it works out. Whenever I look at the videos and photos from last year, I have an instant ear to ear grin, and remember just how fantastic it was to be there.

Today was an award ceremony at work, I was presented with my humanitarian medal for the deployment to Haiti last winter after the earthquake.

Physio in the afternoon, was heated, stretched and hip & knee joints loosened up, then eletrically stimulated once again. It still was feeling tight, but had better mobility afterwards. Was close to the end of the day, so I came home and went for a 50 min walk in the fall sunshine. I might actually hit the hot tub tonight and then another quick stretch once warmed up.

I also made a pot of beet soup to use up the overabundance of CSA veg. Garlic, onion, celery, couple of carrots, red and golden beets, beef stock, dill, and since the stalks/leaves were past usable, I threw in 2 bunches of chopped rainbow chard, which tastes close to the same in the final product. Of course, a good pour of white vinegar finishes it off, along with a dollop of sour cream once in the bowl. Plenty for the next few days, as the kids don't care for it.

Eats:
    B: stuffed portabello topped with 3 runny fried eggs cooked in ghee, black coffee
    D: large beef burger grilled with SOG BBQ sauce topped with avocado & spicy middle eastern veg pickle mix, 5 small cucumbers. 2 slivers of cheddar that I sliced for the others. One bowl of soup.
    one square of dark chocolate.

3rd wineless night.

edit: should add that I got into bed with enough time to get 7 1/2 hours of sleep, but took a long time to fall asleep...very unusual for me. Ended up with probably more like 6 1/2 to maybe 7 hours.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 09-28-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: sleep stuff

Suse is offline Senior Member
    like the glasses, very nice indeed. which reminds me I havent posted a photo of me in my new glasses I dont think.

Your dinner looked good, but I just cant get excited about cucumbers... they're just watery mushy stuff.

Well done on the 3rd wineless night. I'm impressed. frankly I'm impressed with everyone but myself lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I wanna go to PrimalCon 2012!!
    Me too!! But it probably won't happen...

Today was an award ceremony at work, I was presented with my humanitarian medal for the deployment to Haiti last winter after the earthquake.
    Excellent!!

3rd wineless night.
    Me too!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    like the glasses, very nice indeed. which reminds me I havent posted a photo of me in my new glasses I dont think.

Your dinner looked good, but I just cant get excited about cucumbers... they're just watery mushy stuff.

Well done on the 3rd wineless night. I'm impressed. frankly I'm impressed with everyone but myself lately.
    I love cucumbers, especially the small fresh ones in season. Always have, always will

Me too!! But it probably won't happen...
    Yeah, realistically, it probably won't for me either, but I'm not totally ruling it out yet.

Me Me too!!!
    3 days is pretty good. I just accepted a glass of pinot noir from hubby, so 3 days it is for this week. Better than last, so baby steps required sometimes.

3 days is pretty good. I just accepted a glass of pinot noir from hubby, so 3 days it is for this week. Better than last, so baby steps required sometimes.
    I agree, baby steps
    3 days is what this week will be for me too. I'm having some tomorrow night!

Oh, I can see your glasses photo!
    Nice!
    (sideways...How did you upload it?)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    sideways...How did you upload it?
    I uploaded the photos from the iPhone to the computer and then into my profile, then inserted. Didn't see an option to rotate the photo when I realized it was sideways...

PBF done today:
    pushups L3 25/20
    pullups L3 4/4
    squats L6 25/25
    overhead press L2 15/15
    planks L4 90/45 x 2

Soon afterwards, I had to make a few trips down the basement stairs...my legs were quivering and felt like collapsing...wow, that's sad. But at least I'm back at it, so it will get better. More baby steps.

It was an eggy day today.
    Eats:
    B: 1 beef burger pattie, 1/2 stuffed portabella topped with 3 runny fried eggs. Awesome breakfast.
    D: avocado/tomato/egg/bacon salad: 4 HB eggs, maybe 1/4 salvaged of a borderline old avocado, 2 med tomatoes, some bacon.

Currently having a glass of wine. My choice, and it's lovely.

Last night I nibbled a pepperoni stick and small chunk of aged cheddar...not really "hungry" but felt the need for something.