Page 107 of 273 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2729

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 107

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    oh yeah, sweet potato fries. yum. They have to be cooked just right though

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Definitely less than 7 hours of sleep for last night. A bit hard to get up today, so I was running a few minutes behind.

Physio this morning for the IT band and hip bursitis. I was ultrasounded, massaged along the IT band and hamstring (felt pretty tight), stretched, electrically stimulated and heated. I felt more sore after the treatment than before...back to the antiinflammatory meds. Not too comfortable sitting at my desk the rest of the day, spent the last hour standing reading some reports rather than some computer work that needed doing. I have a presentation to prepare for next week that I've been procrastinating on... I'm still feeling sore, so didn't do the PBF as planned.

Lunch out was not as good as I was hoping. Caesar salad moderately oversalted, beef & lamb burger pattie was nothing spectacular. I've made better. Sweet potato fries were tasty, but half an hour after eating I felt all weird, racing heart and flushed, probably from the deep fryer oils. Funnily enough, I was sitting next to 2 lab techs who are both celiac...they had the seafood chowder, but it had corn, which was why I chose the burger. And I wanted the fries. Belly was gurgling and slightly off until about an hour ago.

Eats:
    black coffee
    L: caesar salad, beef & lamb burger pattie, sweet potato fries with spicy aoili
    D: taco seasoned ground beef on lettuce with tomato, cheddar & sour cream

I had a glass of wine. Seems like that sort of a week.

Time for bed.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 09-14-2011 at 08:59 PM.

A bit better on the sleep last night, but still not close to optimal. I need to make that a priority next week when I'm away, no kids or household stuff to deal with, so any excuses for being up too late will be purely self imposed. Of course, that's probably the case at home, a lot of the time...

Still feeling rather sore since yesterday's physio. But I did do my PBF after work.
    Pushups L4: 16/15
    Pullups L3: 4/4
    Squats L6: 25/25
    Overhead press L2: 15/15
    Planks L4: 65/65 40/40
    Used to be better...that's what no LHT for a couple of months does. Just need to rinse and repeat and I will improve once again.

Eats:
    black coffee, various green and herbal teas
    L: BAS dressed with dijon/acv/white balsamic/evoo, tin of tuna plus tin of boneless, skinless sardines. Still not convinced about sardines, but they were relatively edible.
    pre dinner: 6 pecan halves
    D: few tastes of mashed potato while warming them up for the boys, basa coated with almond meal & a dab of ghee, spinach, 3 broiled heirloom tomato halves topped with parmesan (thanks w&c for the idea!)
    one pepperoni sticl
    glass of red.

Hubby is home, which is nice. I leave on Sunday.

I'm going to the phone store tomorrow to look at the iPhone4. Think I might do the upgrade now, but need to check it out in person. Then I could have it to play with while I'm away. Mentioned it to son#1, who highly endorses the idea. He's loving his. Hey, then I could get back to doing photos again! My old camera crapped out, and the good one isn't set up on the laptop I use for downloads.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'm not particularly tech savvy for this stuff...that's what hubby is for .
    I'm the "tech savvy" adult in our house (although University Son will bypass me - Comp Sci)

I'm in Ontario next week,
    Where? Close to London?

But I did do my PBF after work.
    Pushups L4: 16/15
    Pullups L3: 4/4
    Squats L6: 25/25
    Overhead press L2: 15/15
    Planks L4: 65/65 40/40
    Used to be better...that's what no LHT for a couple of months does. Just need to rinse and repeat and I will improve once again.
    Even though you don't think this is very good, it's still better than me!

3 broiled heirloom tomato halves topped with parmesan (thanks w&c for the idea!)
    np

I'm going to the phone store tomorrow to look at the iPhone4. Think I might do the upgrade now, but need to check it out in person. Then I could have it to play with while I'm away. Mentioned it to son#1, who highly endorses the idea. He's loving his. Hey, then I could get back to doing photos again! My old camera crapped out, and the good one isn't set up on the laptop I use for downloads.
    You will love it!
    Check out this site: The Best Camera is the one that's with you
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

No, not London area...fly into Toronto, then drive to Trenton, north on the 401. Generally, that's where I go for work in ON, with Ottawa as an possible exception. We did live in Trenton for 4 years, before we came back to Winnipeg. Too bad though, but maybe we'll have to meet up in Vegas someday

Ahhhhh...I got the iPhone4...now to figure out what the hell to do with it! It's a bit overwhelming. But I like it. Heheh, maybe I can use the facetime feature to check up on son#1 when he's out

Eats:
    IF till dinner, black coffee and assorted green/herbal teas through the day. My belly was sort of embarrassingly growly at one point in the day, though I was fine waiting to eat.
    D: big ass rib steak (ate the WHOLE thing), sauteed mushrooms, couple of small new potatoes with butter/sour cream/chives, green salad. One rum & diet coke while cooking. Pinot noir with and post dinner. One dark chocolate lindt truffle.

Now I'm playing with the iPhone. Wish me luck...

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Oh I know that embarrasingly growly stomach feeling. It IS embarrassing.

And if you girls are meeting up in vegas, can I come too

and PS, i want an iphone now too. I love the firemans' IPOD touch, which appears to be everything but the phone.

Too bad though, but maybe we'll have to meet up in Vegas someday
    That would be a blast!

Ahhhhh...I got the iPhone4...now to figure out what the hell to do with it! It's a bit overwhelming. But I like it.

Now I'm playing with the iPhone. Wish me luck...
    Luck!
    enjoy it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    And if you girls are meeting up in vegas, can I come too
    Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    and PS, i want an iphone now too. I love the firemans' IPOD touch, which appears to be everything but the phone.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I suppose it's time time to check in.

The week away was very good from a work productivity perspective. As usual, I was rather disappointed in the food selection at the mess hall, but not surprised. I compensated by eating probably less, and bought some "natural" cold cuts, chorizo and cheese to keep in my room. Wine was consumed while socializing in the evenings. Planned on doing some yoga, but didn't, and no walking either. I did however find a new tea shop, and bought some loose leaf rooibos with chocolate, banana and walnut. Quite yummy.

I had physio on Friday after getting home, the right hip/hamstring/IT band was very tight, I need to be stretching more. Of course, the sitting all day during the week plus long drive/flights didn't help. I've stopped the antiinflammatories, as my gut is feeling a bit off, and that may be the culprit, or at least is not helping.

Last night was dinner at primal friends place. Outstanding meal, but over the top quantities. Smoked salmon with herbed cream cheese on cucumber slices, coconut shrimp with avocado, chatobriande, roasted butternut squash, green salad, asparagus. Primal chocolate custard with berries and whipped cream. Lots of wine. Few nibbles from a cheese plate. Totally stuffed. Good thing I'd eaten very little before dinner!

Today was yard work. I've got many bundles of rosemary, oregano, thyme and lemon thyme hanging to dry in the basement. A huge amount of cherry tomatoes, which I think I'll roast tomorrow. Time to cut back a bunch of the perennials that are done, others are still flowering strong, and I might get to planting some spring bulbs this week while the weather holds.

Ate 2 plums plus a pepperoni stick through the day, and took son #2 and his friend out to dinner, as the kid had his 15th birthday on Friday. Had a boring caesar salad (obvious bottled dressing, was not worth it), then a large rack of ribs with dry rub spices, sweet potato fries in chipotle aoli, and broccoli. I ate the lot, and was nicely filled. I made egg "muffins" with pork sausage & cheese after we got home, so will have for breakfasts for a few days. Having a vodka soda now. Aiming for tea for the rest of the week after tonight. Once again.

I didn't end up catching up on sleep while away like intended, a few nights up a bit later than planned, and then ended up not sleeping well anyway.

Going to get back to walking this week, and plan on 2 days of PBF. Physio next on Wed. He recommended holding off on the hour long yoga for now, start with 20-30 minutes, and build up from there.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    welcome back!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy