Page 106 of 270 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 2700

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 106

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah for PBF!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    A bit sluggish of a start to the morning, no doubt the wine. Definitely feeling the aftereffects more than I would normally expect for the amount this weekend.

I picked up son #1 from a friend's place early afternoon, where he'd slept over. It was pretty obvious he'd been doing more than sleeping...I was not sorry to see him sick as a dog. And his best buddies wrote all over him with black marker...(vague memories of university days in the dorm...)...including his face. Let's just say that after some recovery time, and a long cool shower with lots of scrubbing, he still has remnants all over the place. He also called into work to get someone else to cover his shift tonight...losing out on 5 hours of wages is pretty costly for an evening of stupidity, I was very clear to point this out. Sigh.

Feeling sore all over from yesterday's PBF. Less so after a good hour walk in the sunshine.

Today's eats:
    B: black coffee, 3 egg omelet with mushrooms, spinach & brie
    2 dates
    D: 2 chicken thighs, one leg. some rice I had made for the boys (not intended, but, well, um...)
    one vodka soda with lime

Was intending to make a salad, but I really have no desire for veggies today. Still feeling like I need something more, so I've just mixed some chocolate whey protein in some greek yogurt, which is sitting in the freezer for a creamy bowl in a bit.

HAHAHAHA!!!!
    At least it was only marker and they didn't shave an eyebrow

Yeah, I'm familiar with that boy prank. (only boys - girls tend to look after each other)
    Some of the boys my College Son hung around with did that
    Some got it more than others
    Around here it happened to the first one to fall asleep and/or the last one to wake up in the morning.
    College Son would get it because he'd be the last one up.
    He quickly learned to not be the first one down or the last up!

I'd forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Ah, yes, the eyebrow shaving...I'd forgotten about that one

He's a little more human now, in an 'epic' online game with his buddies. Finally ready to eat more than toast and rice, came to the kitchen stating he needed to stuff in 180 grams of protein...???...grabbed 3 chicken legs and a double protein shake (he's back into the bulking phase). He admitted the photos posted of him on facebook last night got quite a number of "likes"...good grief. Glad there was no social networking stuff in our day.

Wow, fall is here. After temps in the 30s on the weekend, today was mid to high teens and very windy...a huge change, and felt more like jacket weather. I like fall, but am sorry to see the summer heat go away.

Had to leave work early to take son #2 to the orthodontist. He's adjusted to his appliance finally, though he obviously doesn't like it. I thought I'd get out walking after his appointment, but ended up having to do a bunch of running around for the boys, then made dinner, and by then really didn't feel like it. I was fasting all day, and feeling kind of tired by then.

I had a big beef roast in the slow cooker, and made mashed potato (had about 2 tsp only, checking for seasoning) and gravy for the boys. I had my beef on a bed of spinach with some of the juices, plus a caprese salad to use the last of last week's CSA tomatoes. Otherwise only black coffee in the morning and green tea at work.

I'm kind of hungry now, 2 hours after dinner. I should find some more protein, but don't feel like more beef or eggs either, so ?? Last night's treat of greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder I froze and added 3 chopped frozen strawberries. It was quite nice, but rather sweet from the whey protein. Worth keeping in the back pocket as an idea in place of ice cream. Hmmm, maybe there's the ticket to more protein for tonight?

edit: I also had a half cup of macadamias and cashews last night...felt a bit overdone after that...the first nuts in the past week.

I should open a kombucha, don't really want hot tea, and the call of a glass of wine or something is there.

On another note, son #1 bought himself an iPhone4 on the weekend, and it's pretty cool. I'm considering doing the same. I like the idea of portable connectivity without a laptop, and is probably more practical for me than an iPad like hubby has. Would be great for travel.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 09-12-2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: remembered the nuts

Harp32Wil is offline Junior Member
    Need to put away my scale and pull it out only once per week. I have this obsession with stepping on it daily (or even several times daily) if it's there. Not seeing movement (duh), yet clothing is feeling looser.

Suse is online now Senior Member
    ooh these spammers are a pain in the arse arent they.

Yeah I'd quite like an iphone - they seem pretty cool, but way too expensive for my simple tastes. The fireman just got an ipod touch which is pretty much everything an iphone is without the phone bit... good for him, as he doesnt want to be taking an expensive phone in his pocket when he's working and biffing things in the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    On another note, son #1 bought himself an iPhone4 on the weekend, and it's pretty cool. I'm considering doing the same. I like the idea of portable connectivity without a laptop, and is probably more practical for me than an iPad like hubby has. Would be great for travel.
    iLove my iPhone4

(most of the photos I post are iPhone4 photos)

Although you might want to wait a month or two - the iPhone5 is supposed to be coming out soon.
    College Son is waiting for the 5
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Not sure I'd need the iPhone5, the 4 would probably be more than plenty...and probably will be cheaper too, once the new version is out. I've not had a smart phone (other than a work blackberry for a while when last deployed, but they disable pretty much all but email/phone for security purposes). We'll see. I'm not particularly tech savvy for this stuff...that's what hubby is for .

I caved and had a <big> glass of wine last night instead of a protein snack. Yes, yes, bad move.

Hubby's away most of the week, and the next 6 weeks or so either one of us or the other is travelling for work. Home on weekends (aside from the odd travel day on Sundays), so we'll be mostly tag teaming it. That pretty much takes us up to early Nov...I'm in Ontario next week, then end Oct to Illinois for a few days then the following week in Savannah. All I can say is it's good we can collect flyer miles...stock them up for holidays.

As for last week's goals:
    No alcohol before Friday Yes, good till Fri
    (pending physio approval) Walk x 3, PB fitness x 1, get back to hot yoga for one class just missed the yoga, it was still hot outside last week
    No nuts yes, aside from Sunday night...
    No chocolate I think I had it once. Not bad.
    2 meals daily, no mindless evening snacking Good (aside from Sunday's nuts)
    sleep: aim for at least 7 hours nightly. More is better Not perfect, but not bad.

This week will remain much the same, or so is the plan. Trying to get some stuff done around house in the evenings that I've been putting off.

Tackled some laundry tonight, not much progress on other stuff. Picked up the CSA box, tidied the kitchen (the boys always leave a disaster from the mornings...), had to do more running around picking up some random stuff, take son #2 out, pick up son #1 and friend from the gym...drop by his work to pick up tips and check his schedule...by the time I was back it was about 8pm, I was hungry, and lost my oomph to do PBF as planned.

Eats:
    black coffee
    L: BAS with spinach, cucumber, tomato, radish, chicken breast, tossed with greek yogurt/lemon juice/oregano for dressing
    a pepperoni stick
    D: couple oz of roast beef with 3 over easy eggs cooked in ghee.

I had bought some ghee last year, found it pretty "meh". Used about half, then it sat, and eventually hit the expiry date, so it was tossed. I bought some more recently, and decided the last was a bad batch. Same brand, but this one is lovely and extremely tasty.

Protein is good for today, still felt like something after dinner. Wanted starchy stuff, but stayed away. Decided on a glass of wine instead...yes, my bad once again. Now I don't want the potato chips anymore, so that's something.

Tomorrow is a luncheon for a friend who is leaving the military...at a very nice place. I peeked at the online lunch menu, and I think sweet potato fries might be in my future. Good reason to avoid the chips tonight. Physio tomorrow as well, gee, I think I was supposed to be stretching daily...whoops.