Page 105 of 279 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2782

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 105

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Read for a bit, lights out at a decent time, so ended up getting pretty damn close to my 7 hours of sleep. Aiming for more of the same tonight. It was a nice change too, to have both boys in the house by 1040pm, not sure when the last time that happened. Woke up relatively refreshed, could be better, but I'll get there, no sluggishness at work. I did manage to distract myself for a while, but got back on track.

I've been waking in the early mornings very sweaty for the past 3 or 4 days, nearly dripping across the chest. Not so nice. I suppose it's tidings of hormonal changes yet to come.

Physio did a through assessment, agrees with very tight IT band, hamstring and piriformis muscle, and the bursitis over the greater trochanter (top of the femur, so in the hip from the outside) has eased. Went over lots of stretches, talked about the foam roller (he was out, but thinks a pool noodle may work if it's big enough). Says yes to yoga and walking, take it easy with running or sprints until I can do them with no discomfort. Back to reevaluate in a week. If I do any LHT, for now he recommends bodyweight stuff rather than heavy weights till strength and flexibility improve. So PBF might be the ticket along with yoga for a while.

Eats:
    black coffee
    assorted green & herbal teas
    L: BAS with a sliced pork sirloin chop, balsamic vinaigrette
    D: 7pm - creamed kale for son #2 (who wasn't home to eat it, but wanted me to save it for him) with shrimp.
    Decided this was a bit low on protein, so had the last 3 beef cubes from kebabs and a couple bites of grilled veg.
    Pretty much filled up after this.

I should be making more beet soup to use up CSA veg...yes, I have MORE beets, carrots and chard to use up. And lovely heirloom tomatoes. Just not in the mood for all that chopping and dicing today.

So I went for a nice walk around the neighbourhood, not brisk but not leisurely either. Dusk and became dark, very warm and calm. My ipod was dead, so amused myself by looking through the front windows of the nice houses. Sometimes you come across some interesting ideas. It was a good walk and I'm glad I went, though I had to talk myself into it.

Bedtime is coming up soon. Finishing a kombucha and have no desire for food, which seems odd, because my intake wasn't any large amount today (no calculations), but it was obviously enough for satiety. Learning once again when enough is really enough.

2 alcohol free evenings completed. . And the chocolate remains stashed. Not interested in the potato chips, either. Good.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    2 alcohol free evenings completed. . And the chocolate remains stashed. Not interested in the potato chips, either. Good.
    Good on you.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    yeah for the alcohol free nights. i am sooooooo doing this next week.

Sometimes a walk with just your thoughts is a good thing. I think we often have too much to distract us with cell phones and ipods and what have you. Even driving in the car with the radio. I think having quiet time just listening to your brain is a good thing (it can also be a pain in the arse as sometimes it appears there is no off button for the brain).

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    My plan is not totally sorted out, so how about some goals for the upcoming week?

No alcohol before Friday
    (pending physio approval) Walk x 3, PB fitness x 1, get back to hot yoga for one class
    No nuts
    No chocolate (my stash is safely hidden away...yes, in my nightstand...lol)
    2 meals daily, no mindless evening snacking (the no booze should help with this one)

edit: Oh my, nearly forgot about sleep: aim for at least 7 hours nightly. More is better.

Okay, that sounds like plenty.
    They sound like excellent goals!
    I think mine will be very similar

mend one of son #1's work pants, which he had split the bum seam of while climbing down a ladder at the restaurant (heehee).
    heeheehee

though to be honest, I'm not hungry, just thinking about something sweet.
    I hate it when that happens

I've been waking in the early mornings very sweaty for the past 3 or 4 days, nearly dripping across the chest. Not so nice. I suppose it's tidings of hormonal changes yet to come.
    That sucks

Finishing a kombucha and have no desire for food, which seems odd, because my intake wasn't any large amount today (no calculations), but it was obviously enough for satiety. Learning once again when enough is really enough.

very good!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I'm tottering on the edge of no wine tonight...I'd really really like a glass.

Not very productive at work despite lots that needs doing, just very distracted and couldn't bring myself back on track today. I did at least get out walking to the park for an hour in the sun over lunch. Got home, and became very annoyed with both kids. #2 was spouting off about not being happy with some of his electives, <suck it up princess, it's only one damn semester>, the other NEEDED some specific binders TODAY <why the hell didn't you say that when I've asked over the past month what you needed for school> plus a scientific calculator as he seems to have "lost" the second one he got last year...so out in traffic to the office supply store. Did get some new earbuds for my ipod at the electronics shop next door.

Get home, and hubby <who has already had a dip in the pool immediately after getting home> has taken son #2 to a friends place, and son #1 is on his way out the door...so why the hell am I thawing a bunch of fish for dinner?? And hubby has a glass of wine in hand as he relaxes on the deck. I reminded him we weren't doing that this week, to which he replied "I'm okay with this" along with a "back off and don't nag me" look. WTF???

I was feeling very frustrated for a while. Managed to regroup and make a nice meal. Hubby has now poured himself a second glass of wine.

Today's eats:
    black coffee
    L: BAS with pork chop and one HB egg, coconut cream larabar
    D: salmon filet pan fried in ghee, small piece of basa filet dusted with almond flour and baked (didn't have enough of one kind to feed 4...gee, what a plan), sauteed rainbow chard, roasted root veg (sweet potato, carrot, red & golden beets).

Thinking about wine, or a martini.

I'm also rather tired tonight. I did get my 7 hours last night, still could use more.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 09-08-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: remembered the larabar

Char54Ra is offline Junior Member
    so that takes care of activity

Oh yeah, finally some spam to call my own...

For the record, I did not have that drink last night, nor any evening snacks. And was asleep before 11...(though awoke an hour later with a nasty disturbing dream, but got back to sleep quickly). Probably 7 1/2 hours or better of sleep.

I'm feeling good this morning.

Now get to work!!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I'm tottering on the edge of no wine tonight...I'd really really like a glass.
    I know the feeling.

#2 was spouting off about not being happy with some of his electives, <suck it up princess, it's only one damn semester>,
    This made me laugh

Oh yeah, finally some spam to call my own...
    Well it's about time

For the record, I did not have that drink last night, nor any evening snacks. And was asleep before 11...(though awoke an hour later with a nasty disturbing dream, but got back to sleep quickly). Probably 7 1/2 hours or better of sleep.

I'm feeling good this morning.
    Excellent!!!

(I had wine)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Yesterday was a 24 hour IF, ending with a bottle of bubbles while prepping dinner. The meal was grilled ribeye steak, grilled asparagus & sauteed mushrooms. A shared bottle of shiraz, and 3 lindt dark chocolate truffles. Managed close to 9 hours of sleep, but felt the wine in the morning.

I went out browsing at the mall over lunch yesterday, looked at sale clothes, but decided I'm not buying anything (bottom half, anyway) until I move back to where I should be.

I decided to not go to the farmers market today, as I have lots of produce and eggs. Spent a while in a bulk food shop, picking up some spices, coconut flakes, and some loose teas (lemon green and vanilla rooibos). The teas can help fill the need for "something to sip on" in the evenings instead of wine, or so I am thinking. I like kombucha, but it's a bit pricy to have more than a couple of times a week.

Oooo...I finally did some LHT today! 2 sets of PBF, which left me sweaty, heart pounding, and muscles spent. It's apparently been a while. Then I floated around the pool for a while, the day was beautiful, 32C, bright and sunny.

Fasted today for about 16 hours.
    Black coffee
    one pepperoni stick
    D: grilled chicken with SOG BBQ sauce, 2 drums & 2 thighs, caprese salad with heriloom tomatoes, heirloom green beans with butter.
    One rum & zevia cola, half a bottle of pino grigio.
    I will have 2 lindt chocolate truffles momentarily.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am super impressed with you not having the wine even though your husband was having some. Boy that would really test my will power (and I would fail ) I always think your meals sound yummy. Am jealous of you having pool time. sigh... that will be me soon ... well sun time at least as I dont have a pool and unless the water is bath temperature I dont normally like going in the pool. big baby that I am.