Page 104 of 278 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2780

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 104

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    If it actually becomes a real option, I suspect we will go for it, though some concessions will no doubt have to be made. We'll worry about the boys then.

Interestingly, the past 2 day's I've eaten one meal only, late in the evening (Friday intended, yesterday by chance), and though they included alcohol, I'm down a pound today, even with TOM starting. Feeling less bloaty too.

Yesterday was fasted aside from a small bite of oka cheese sampled at the grocery, and a fresh date till a late meal- as in after 9 pm. My leftover steak & mushrooms from Friday with 2 over easy eggs. A couple of strawberries & blueberries, 2 vodka soda and a glass of wine. A pepperoni stick later on and 2 lindt dark chocolate truffles.

Today we're having friends over, so onto prep. Making a clafouti for dessert, and kabobs for the grill.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Yay for the pound gone! I'm fasting most days now too. It's much easier for me since I'm eating so little right now to have it all in one meal, that way I don't feel so deprived. I'm looking forward to a drink though, alcohol is off the plan for me and I miss my mescal.

That pound might be back today, after the higher carb entertaining evening last night......no intent to verify this today .

A fantastic evening, friends brought app of scallops, then I prepared a green salad, beef sirloin kebabs (found a fantastic marinade on an old MDA blog post), veg kebabs, chocolate blueberry clafouti for dessert, and a cheese plate with fruit & nuts later on. Some vodka soda, some wine, though I don't feel too bad today, unlike hubby . Played cards, a dip in the hot tub, and up FAR too late...like into bed close to 3am...so a big old sleep in today to end the long weekend.

Started today with a burger pattie topped with 2 fried eggs and coffee, then faced cleaning all the glasses and such from last night. I think a walk is in order today, and some organization around home.

Tomorrow back to work...and the start of a stricter eating plan. Details to come.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    wow that's a lot for me to catch up on. An international posting sounds great! I reckon if you told the boys that there are hot girls in the Netherlands they'd come with you

These odd injuries that crop up for no apparent reason are annoying arent they, you with your hip/knee, me with my shoulder. It does make you think aaaggghh, I'm getting old, but we are nowhere near old, hell we're not even 50 yet (and you're miles away from it)

What was the marinade for you sirloin kebabs??

The marinade is #2 (skirt steak marinade) from this page: How to Marinate Meat (plus 10 Meat Marinade Recipes) | Mark's Daily Apple

Very good, I'll definitely use again. The meat cubes were in the marinade about 6 or 7 hours before cooking. The veg (mushrooms, pattypan squash, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onion) were from another MDA recipe: olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, minced garlic, minced basil. Yummy as well.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Your evening sounded wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Tomorrow back to work...and the start of a stricter eating plan. Details to come.
    Can't wait to hear them...I may need to adopt them for myself...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

In the end, I was feeling a bit of the aftereffects of the wine and late night...but could have been much worse .

Hubby & I did get out for a 35 min walk this afternoon. Felt it a bit in the knee/hip, but not too bad.

I spent an hour outside pruning my tomato plants. The "black cherry" tomato plant that I bought as a tiny seeding turned out completely massive, and now with the weather turning cooler, it didn't need all the extra foliage. To be honest, I should have done this a month ago...so it's severely trimmed, but there are still probably well over a hundred more fruits in various stages of growth, now the plant should be putting more into the tomatoes rather than all that extraneous greenery. Needed a good shower afterwards, as I smelled like a tomato and my fingers were green.

Today's eats:
    black coffee, burger pattie with 2 eggs
    slice of smoked gouda
    couple of fresh dates
    3 cubes of beef kebab
    cup of coconut water post walk
    goodly quantity of crispy side pork
    2 vodka soda
    3 lindt dark chocolate truffles...

My plan is not totally sorted out, so how about some goals for the upcoming week?

No alcohol before Friday
    (pending physio approval) Walk x 3, PB fitness x 1, get back to hot yoga for one class
    No nuts
    No chocolate (my stash is safely hidden away...yes, in my nightstand...lol)
    2 meals daily, no mindless evening snacking (the no booze should help with this one)

edit: Oh my, nearly forgot about sleep: aim for at least 7 hours nightly. More is better.

Okay, that sounds like plenty.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 09-05-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ohhh so good. now I feel bad that I dont want to give up booze. oh ok, no i dont

So far so good for today. I got to bed in time for what could have been 7 hours of sleep, but interrupted by a text from one kid as I was nearly asleep, which I had to answer, and then they were just heading to bed (yes, the dingbats) at 530am, which woke me again, and I didn't really get back to sleep before I had to be up at 630. A valiant effort, nonetheless. Good thing they're back to school tomorrow, though classes don't start until after lunch for returning students.

Didn't walk today, but physio is tomorrow, plus I had to run out to pick up the CSA box after work, make dinner, and then mend one of son #1's work pants, which he had split the bum seam of while climbing down a ladder at the restaurant (heehee).

Eats:
    woke up hungry, so decided on breakfast & dinner, rather than lunch.
    B: black coffee, 4 egg scramble with 2 cubes of beef kebab.
    no after work snacks!
    D: grilled pork sirloin chop, heirloom green beans with butter, salad of cuke, tomato, tiny bit of feta & evoo.
    one fresh date.

We have yesterday's episode of Hells Kitchen PVR'd, so plan on a kombucha with that shortly, and maybe split the last piece of clafouti with hubby (forgot to mention yesterday that I had a slice at some point...and a few potato chips late, bah)...though to be honest, I'm not hungry, just thinking about something sweet.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had the kombucha, and only a tiny sliver of the clafouti...wanted to wash the pan, and I nicely saved the rest for son #1 who will be home from work shortly. A taste was all I needed.

Now time for bed...