Page 103 of 261 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2605

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 103

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The hip/leg/knee pain is a bit better again today, but still quite stiff from sitting all day at the course. Back to the office tomorrow, so at least I can get up when I want and move about.

Today's eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: leftover chili with a small avocado & sour cream.
    D: 4 eggs plus about a cup of egg whites leftover from hubby's making creme brulee on the weekend scrambled in a bit of butter with a touch of grated aged cheddar, and a few tiny bits of leftover chicken breast. Totally stuffed.
    Some wine.

When I threw lunch into the bag today, I had the brilliant idea to bring the celery salt to put on the avocado in the chili. Heated the chili, threw in the avocado, sprinkled on the spice, and proceeded to eat. I was rather surprised to be tasting a bit of cinnamon and other things...I looked back into my lunch bag...and found that I had grabbed the Chinese 5 spice powder instead...was right beside the celery salt, and in the same type of bottle...but it wasn't too bad after all. Strange.

Hubby's picking son #1 up from work at 11, so I should use this as a cue to go to bed early. I'm thinking 10, or 1030...okay, latest lights out at 11. I'm glad the boys will be back in school mid next week, so shouldn't be out late all the time like over the summer, and son #1 does his driving test on Friday...I'm often up later than I want to waiting up for them to come home. Even on the weekends, I'm ready to hit the sack, when hubby says he's going, so I feel obliged to wait up. They almost always do come home when they are expected to (whatever the agreed upon time, give or take a bit), so maybe I should just go with that and go to bed anyway.

I'm thinking about meals...I believe I do better with eating lunch and dinner, rather than a big breakfast and holding out till dinner. Seems to feel better for me. Most mornings I'm not particularly hungry, or if I am, it wanes after coffee, and I do just fine until lunch. More trial and error, I suppose. Probably time to get back to some 24 hour IFs here and there once again, they're really not a big deal if I have a decent pre fast meal and am mentally engaged. I had decent results with this in the past.

As for exercising, I may hold out on doing much till I see the doc on Friday about the leg pain, though maybe a little walk in the next day or two if it feels right. Will need to be in the evenings if I do, as I'll have to leave work early the next 2 days to deal with the boy's timetable changes and school fees, as hubby is taking Friday morning to get the one to his drivers test. Keeping my fingers crossed that the leg continues to improve, bit at this point, it's far too stiff even to get back to yoga. I can't even put the right foot up onto my left knee while seated, the outer thigh/hip is far too stiff.

And now for the answer to the big question: when did that silly greensprout go to bed? Well, I did crawl in at 1105, but wanted to finish the chapter of the novel I was reading...so lights out at 1123. Not so great, but it could have been worse (as it often is). Tonight son #1 is working till 1am or later and has cab fare, son #2 is at a movie and bussing home late with friends. No way I will be up waiting for them to get home, so there's no reason at all that I can't get to bed at a reasonable time. No good reasons, anyway. Stay tuned for the results tomorrow .

The usual busy at work after being out of office again for a few days, but had to leave early to take son #1 to change some classes for school. Next one to do tomorrow, so leaving early again. And we have an office lunch out tomorrow too, I think I should be able to get a bunless burger and salad, or something along those lines.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: last of the beet soup with a tsp of sour cream, tin of tuna with a touch of olive oil, balsamic, half a small avocado (with celery salt, not 5 spice today ), a few mini garden tomatoes and 4 mini bocconcini cheese balls.
    D: dry rubbed pork tenderloin and roasted garlic cauliflower mash. Made cheesy garlic mashed potato for the kids (and hubby), tasted some for seasoning, and it was really good (cheddar & cream cheese). Didn't have more than a couple tbsp at most.

I'm seriously bloated up. A few days early for the monthly nonsense, but no doubt related. I'm really hoping this month isn't like the horrible cycle last time around, that was just plain nasty.

I am an idiot.

I backed my car out of the garage right into hubby's car in the driveway.

Let's just say totally distracted and didn't look. Should have been pretty obvious. I was in a hurry, distracted, and didn't even look. Of course he was there, and saw/heard the whole thing, as did son #2 and his friend, who I was rushing to give a ride to.

At least it's just some paint scraped on both cars...which are still pretty new (like 2 years for mine and less for his).

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    That sucks
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Not one of my most shining moments. Ironic that it's the evening before son #1's driving road test. Lovely example set.

I did get to bed by 11 yesterday, but hubby did as well at the same time, so sleep was some time later...

Fasted until lunch, when we went out. My bunless bacon cheeseburger came with a thick slab of gooey plastic fake cheese, much to my dismay. It tasted quite offensive, so was scraped off. The burger itself was okay, and a basic sad looking salad. Belly became rumbly soon after, followed an hour later by a hurried dash to the bathroom for a rather unpleasant urgent evacuation. Belly still not quite right even now. Damn crap foods. Won't be having that meal there again.

Dinner was 1 chicken drum and one thigh baked with hot sauce and a green salad. One pepperoni stick before dinner.

Got the second son sorted out with school schedule, he's not thrilled with all the electives given what was still available, but he'll have to suck it up and get through. I'm expecting a better year from this one this year, or at least am hopeful of that. He's quite capable of high grades without taxing himself, if he's interested or willing to just do it.

Long weekend ahead...I'm expecting to be reasonable on eating, but we are entertaining on Sun night. As of Tuesday...the reins are being tightly pulled in for a while.

.Off work early for the long weekend, yahoo

Son #1 did not pass his driver's test. I don't have the details, but parallel parking was one of the issues. Hubby said he was pretty upset, and says he won't do it again in a standard transmission when retesting in a month. Ah well. He was pretty cocky beforehand, so maybe this is a good reality check.

Saw the doc, he agrees IT band and maybe some bursitis over the greater trochanter. Hip bursitis sounds like something old people get......hell, I'm not old yet. Have a referral to physio, so first appointment is next week. Hopefully it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Got the second son sorted out with school schedule, he's not thrilled with all the electives given what was still available, but he'll have to suck it up and get through. I'm expecting a better year from this one this year, or at least am hopeful of that. He's quite capable of high grades without taxing himself, if he's interested or willing to just do it.
    Figuring out high school schedules is tons of fun I'm glad Daughter is happy with her timetable this year.

Long weekend ahead...I'm expecting to be reasonable on eating, but we are entertaining on Sun night. As of Tuesday...the reins are being tightly pulled in for a while.
    Me too

Son #1 did not pass his driver's test. I don't have the details, but parallel parking was one of the issues. Hubby said he was pretty upset, and says he won't do it again in a standard transmission when retesting in a month. Ah well. He was pretty cocky beforehand, so maybe this is a good reality check.
    My Sons # 2 & 3 didn't pass their 1st time either. Son # 2 needed 3 tries.

Saw the doc, he agrees IT band and maybe some bursitis over the greater trochanter. Hip bursitis sounds like something old people get......hell, I'm not old yet. Have a referral to physio, so first appointment is next week. Hopefully it helps.
    nope, you are NOT old!
    I hope it helps
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Son #1 actually made quite a few errors on his test. After not passing the parallel parking (which is an automatic fail) along with a couple of stalls from forgetting he had the parking brake on, he chose to complete the route anyway, being flustered and making more errors. Fortunately, he went to the gym right after the test as originally planned, which he says was a very good thing to lift heavy and work out his anger, says he felt a lot better afterwards. If nothing else, this in itself is a valuable lesson to learn for a 16 year old, I think. He's now off to a friend's cottage along with several other boys (and parents) for the long weekend.

We found out this week that there is a decent possibility of hubby being posted to Europe three years from now for a three year position, in the southwest corner of the Netherlands. What an amazing opportunity. Of course, there are many factors to consider, and many things may change between now and then, but it's very exciting to consider. One big factor is the kids. They may not choose to come with us if this happens...will be very interesting to say the least.

IF today until dinner, so 18 or 20 hours, whether looking at the first small nibbles while prepping and the actual meal. A vodka soda, bacon wrapped jalapenos stufed with goat cheese, roasted eggplant topped with tomato sauce, heirloom tomatoes & fresh mozzarella, half a rib steak with mushrooms. 2 bottles of wine shared between the two of us. And a small bowl of praline & cream haagen daz. Think that's plenty.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Wow! Possiblities....

I would jump at the chance to go and live in another country. In fact I already did! It would be an amazing experience for you both, but I see what you're saying about the possibilty of the boys not going with you, that would kinda make things harder.

I'd go anyway..

Wow! What a great opportunity!

You never know, your boys might jump at the chance to go...or not...but like you say, a lot can happen in three years.

We own too much land to ever be able to do something like that...
    I'd love to, but I married a Farmer
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy