Page 101 of 263 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2627

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 101

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Your meals sound wonderful! (as usual)
    I hope the wine helped. Cramps suck

Looking back is good. That's part of the reason to have the journal, isn't it?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Wine will do that.
    Either make you feel human or the complete opposite...in this case, it helped.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Your meals sound wonderful! (as usual)
    Thanks

I do feel human today. This was a strange cycle. Now nearly done and over and cramping all gone overnight. And 2 lbs of fluid gone overnight, as well. I always find that weird. I'm wearing the same capris today that felt kind of snug last evening, now they are fine (and no, they are not the sort that get stretched out, haha). Hopefully the remainder of the bloat will go over the weekend.

Been fasting today, not particularly hungry, and I slept in (bed late at 2 am, up at 1030) so it just sort of happened. Last night with the wine I did snack a bit on some slightly stale pork rinds (remainder gone in the trash), a pepperoni stick and a slice of smoked gouda. Errands done, collected a crapload of airmiles stocking up on basic stuff at Safeway. I suppose the fast is not done, as I'm sipping on a vodka soda with lime before prepping a late dinner. Planning on scallops and a small beef tenderloin, probably also some new potatoes from the CSA box. They look lovely and I haven't had potatoes in ages, aside from maybe one baby sized one perhaps twice in recent months. I always loved potatoes, some days I miss them. Growing up, we probably had potatoes at least 3 or 4 days out of 7. Good Polish/Ukrainian origins.

Had a call this morning from my mom, one of my uncles died last night. He's been in hospital for the last month or so, and was deteriorating at home for a while. He was 72, and his parents were told when he was diagnosed with hemophilia as a young child that he'd never live past the age of 5. I don't expect to make it to the funeral, as it's about a 12 hour drive away in Edmonton. I hope my aunt will be okay, she's been taking care of him for a long time, they were married 45 years. My granny (mom to this aunt) is also in hospital, and might need to be be placed in a home with 24 hour nursing care, rather than return to her assisted living apartment. She's 93.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 08-13-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: typo

So it looks like I'll be able to get to my uncle's funeral after all. Checked with the boss (well, the acting boss, as boss is on holiday), who doesn't see a problem with getting the time, I should be able to get some bereavement leave days rather than use vacation. I booked a flight for Wed, funeral is on Thurs, and home on Fri. Hubby will stay home with the boys. My mom is driving up, and will get me at the airport, and she and I can stay with my cousin. I haven't had the chance to see many of this side of the family in the past 10 years or so, so it's probably good that I'm going. Who knows, it might be my last opportunity to see my Granny too. She is getting released from the hospital and able to return to her home, so that's encouraging.

I'll be very busy at work for the few days before I leave, especially since I'm heading away for work next Sunday for 2 days of meetings in Ontario.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    sorry to hear about your uncle. He did well given his early prognosis didnt he!!! It's nice you'll be able to go to the funeral, seems to be that and weddings that get families together doesnt it.

and mmmm potatoes. I couldnt live without them.

Yeah, I'd say he beat the odds...ended up with 3 kids, 5 grandkids and one great grandkid. My mom was very pleased when I called her back with the news that I could make it, after I had said it didn't look promising. She agreed, after I said I realized that I really should go, that she felt the same but didn't want to 'pressure' me into coming. Ah well. As the commercials say... $500 for a flight...time with family...priceless.

That sounds incredibly stupid. Whatever. I'm glad I'm going.

Time to talk about food.

Friday:
    IF until dinner
    small beef tenderloin plus 5 scallops with chimichurri, several small new potatoes with butter, sour cream & chives, steamed heirloom green beans with butter. Wine. Cup of praline & cream ice cream.
    Some potato chips later with cream cheese.

Saturday:
    black coffee, few bites of leftover flank steak, probably a pepperoni stick. Blueberries, and I think something else.
    mix of strawberry & chocolate gelato at the Italian pavilion with a cappuccino.
    D: rotisserie chipotle chicken, several jalapenos stuffed with goat cheese wrapped in bacon, liver sausage on cucumber slices & celery. Wine.
    Later more potato chips. I'm done with that.

Today I've been busy in the kitchen. Made a version of borsht to use CSA veggies: beef stock, onion, carrot, celery, beets (including the stalks & leaves), green beans, white vinegar, dill. Top with a dollop of sour cream. Boiled a batch of eggs. Baked sea salt & balsamic kale chips.

I also got a great pedicure for a great price. Even with a nice little jewel sparkly thing with the design on the big toe. Went for a girly pink polish.

Today's eats:
    black coffee
    one pepperoni stick, a few bacon crumbles. several small tomatoes from the garden. one small raw kohlrabi. a few kale chips (taste testing, heheh). 2 bowls of today's fresh veggie beet soup.
    D: 2 lamb burgers (local grass pastured, bought at the farmer's market yesterday) made with fresh oregano/rosemary/garlic, topped with feta, roasted red pepper & a dollop of greek yogurt. Green salad with cucumber & kalamata olives.
    3 glasses of wine.
    bit of beef jerky.
    2 squares of 85% dark chocolate.

Ahhh...back to work in the morning.

Passed on a walk with hubby this afternoon as I didn't want to chance ruining the pedicure with the VFFs...how sad is that?? And no, I wasn't going to walk in running shoes.

The reins are back on tomorrow...giddeyup

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I haven't had potatoes in ages, aside from maybe one baby sized one perhaps twice in recent months. I always loved potatoes, some days I miss them. Growing up, we probably had potatoes at least 3 or 4 days out of 7.
    We probably have them 6 out of 7 days here. I don't eat them very often, I've eaten more lately, just because they are freshly dug from our garden...but they have to be "interesting". I don't like plain boiled potatoes

Had a call this morning from my mom, one of my uncles died last night.
    Sorry about your uncle
    But it's nice that you can go.

I'll be very busy at work for the few days before I leave, especially since I'm heading away for work next Sunday for 2 days of meetings in Ontario.
    Where in Ontario?

Ahhh...back to work in the morning......
    How was it?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Ellie G is offline Senior Member
    Passed on a walk with hubby this afternoon as I didn't want to chance ruining the pedicure with the VFFs...how sad is that?? And no, I wasn't going to walk in running shoes.
    I'm pretty sure "saving the sparkly pedicure" is part of the Primal Blueprint! And even if it isn't -- Grok would be on your side!

What does kohlrabi taste like? I always wanted to grow it as a young, nerdy 4-H kid, but never have eaten it.

The meetings next week are in Trenton, so fly to Toronto, then about a 2 hour drive, depending on traffic.

A whopping 6 hours of sleep to start the day, it's always hard heading back after some time off, was trying vaguely to get to bed earlier, but that obviously didn't work. Then I heard the boys just going to bed around 530 this morning...and only dozed on and off from then until crawling out at 615. A few hours sorting through lots of emails, and prioritizing what I need to get done in 2 1/2 days before being away from the office for the next week. Reasonable productive. Chose to not workout during the day so I could get more done, which was a good choice. Hubby and I went for an hour walk after getting home before I started dinner.

Today's eats:
    black coffee
    11am: big ass bowl of beet soup with greek yogurt, one lamb burger pattie with a tiny bit of feta and some greek yogurt, 2 HB eggs, raw cucumber, grape tomatoes and kohlrabi.
    7pm: green salad with cucumber & tomato, 2 german smokies with grainy dijon & sauerkraut. half cup of blueberries and a spoonful of macadamia nut butter, which finished the jar off.

Hubby said yesterday he wants to dial in the diet and get back on track. Very nice. If we both are prepared to encourage and support each other, that should give us much better success with sticking to the plan. Minimize the alcohol, especially during the week, more veggies, cut way back on the snacking. And walking/lifting more regularly. This week may be not quite on for me, with the family visit & funeral, we'll see, I'll do what I can for eating (at least Mom knows how I'm eating, and we're staying together), but I can see a few drinks happening.

I definitely will need more than 6 hours of sleep tonight, might not be 8, but 7+ is absolutely going to happen.