Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the verdict on working out on an empty stomach? page 2

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I always train in the morning on an empty stomach. That is whether I'm doing weights or HIIT or anything else for that matter. I have found no need to eat anything at all before or during any activity. After weight training I will eat within an hour or two. After HIIT I wait at least two hours. With anything else its when I'm hungry. Today I walked for an hour and had breakfast at around 1:30.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    I always work out in a fasted state and prefer it. But not starving. Most of the time when fasting I’m not hungry at all but there have been times when I was really hungry, and working out, and it caused me to have trouble focusing on my lifts because all I could think about was the delicious dinner I was going to prepare and eat once I was done.
    Last edited by Mr. Koozie; 08-30-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: me grammer no good 2day
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

annedawso is offline Senior Member
    I prefer to work out before eating. Can only do it of a weekend though. Nothing worse than doing intense circuit training just an hr after my evening meal.

phigment is offline Senior Member
    anytime i've tried without eating and became nauseated. I have to eat something or my energy level has plummeted.

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Verdict: Fasted training is the balls.
    "The balls" is good, right?

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by golangrok View Post
    For me, the best time to work out is upon waking, when I usually don't have an appetite.
    "Work out" means strength training with free weights/machines, or a long walk.
    Will working out on an empty stomach necessarily aid weight loss?
    I consistently work out before I eat. Early morning work outs are great as I work up a great appetite.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I prefer working out on an empty stomach, but I've heard arguments from both sides on whether working out empty or fueled burns more fat, so I can't give a verdict on that. I just do it based on personal preference.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    For me, it depends on which workout I'm doing.
    I do cardio fasted in the morning, and it works well for keeping my fat level low. For resistance (rings) I start out in a fasted state in the morning also, but I'll have a recovery drink with me and sip on it between exercises. For boxing workouts, which I do in the evening, I'll have something 2.5 to 3 hours beforehand. Not a full meal, but just enough to sate my appetite. Protein, carbs, and fat.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Verdict is its GOOD.

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I gathered Nickhammer, THANKS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast