Thread: Sick and strenuous exercise page

BennettC is offline Senior Member

Sick and strenuous exercise

Primal Fuel
    Woke up pretty under the weather this morning, inflamed tonsils. My fault for smoking too much pot all the time. Really threw me for a loop, haven't been sick in ab 6 months now thanks to low carb and primal. Feeling a little better now, have stayed on a liquid diet all day. Raw milk, raw eggs, whey left from cheese making, and some sour milk. Mixed the whey, raw eggs, and sour milk together and that really helped. Also took a tbs of raw honey when i woke up and after my drink concoction and that helped tremendously. I do a lot of strenuous exercise and I'm wondering how long I should wait to start back? I don't want to lose what I've gained, but I don't want to prolong my recovery. Went for a walk today in the woods and had no ill effect from it.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Keep up your macros and you should not lose much from taking a few days off to recover.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Yes you are NOT going to lose anything! In fact you may be surprised and come back even stronger. Your body has a way of letting you know when it needs a break. Perhaps you are at that point now.

So stop worrying about it. Take care of yourself and then when you REALLY feel better, go for it!

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys, I have just been fasting now. Had a quart of milk this morning with the honey but I just have no appetite now. I will continue to take honey though bc it has really helped me. Also making sure I have been drinking plenty of fluids, mostly green tea during the day and chamomile at night. Feeling slightly better today, trying to stay well rested. This is by far the strongest I've ever been while sick, hoping for a speedy recovery.

Also, what do you mean when you say keep your macros up?

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Personally, unless I was not hungry for food (then I would only eat what I craved in a reasonable fashion, like fruit over candy), I would make sure to eat a normal amount of food for fat/protein/carbs as I usually do when I'm not exercising. I don't think your muscles will waste away, but if you're hungry and not eating, that's not usually a good sign.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).