Your location: Breaux Bridge, La

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Gluten-freeóstill consuming some rice and dairy

Do you consume dairy: Yes-minimally

Do you drink coffee or tea: In all probability, I am a caffeine addict. Coffee and tea being my drugs of choice. I am looking to get this under control as well.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have a history of high blood pressure and was medicated with Lipitor for cholesterol issues. I dropped 25lbs by kicking an alcohol addiction (3.5yrs ago) and cleaning up my diet. I am no longer hypertensive and my Dr discontinued my Lipitor some time ago. I eliminated gluten to try and clear up some joint pain, mystery rashes, and other issues. I feel better from the gluten elimination and Iím exploring the Paleo option to see if I can make further improvement. Looking forward to more improvement in my health and energy levels.

Favorite exercise: Squats, Deads, and Benches-itís a love/hate thing. I also love kayaking and mountain biking.

Favorite Primal food: A big steak, sweet potato, and pasture butter. Paleo banana pudding for dessert please!

Best part about being Primal: Not watching calories and good food. Body fat has dropped-turns out there was some abs under there. I am passionate about cooking, so paleo has given me new challenges, which has been lots of fun.

Worst part about being Primal: I love rice. I am a Cajun boy and I was raised on rice and gravy. Gradually eliminating it though, and itís not so bad.

I have been lurking around for a while and thought I would introduce myself. Thank you to all who contribute and I am looking forward to contributing as well. Of course a special thanks to Mark. I enjoy your blog and have one of your books and will be soon adding more to my library.