Thread: Cajun Boy Goes Primal page

Bestill is offline Junior Member

Cajun Boy Goes Primal

Shop Now
    Your location: Breaux Bridge, La

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Gluten-freeóstill consuming some rice and dairy

Do you consume dairy: Yes-minimally

Do you drink coffee or tea: In all probability, I am a caffeine addict. Coffee and tea being my drugs of choice. I am looking to get this under control as well.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have a history of high blood pressure and was medicated with Lipitor for cholesterol issues. I dropped 25lbs by kicking an alcohol addiction (3.5yrs ago) and cleaning up my diet. I am no longer hypertensive and my Dr discontinued my Lipitor some time ago. I eliminated gluten to try and clear up some joint pain, mystery rashes, and other issues. I feel better from the gluten elimination and Iím exploring the Paleo option to see if I can make further improvement. Looking forward to more improvement in my health and energy levels.

Favorite exercise: Squats, Deads, and Benches-itís a love/hate thing. I also love kayaking and mountain biking.

Favorite Primal food: A big steak, sweet potato, and pasture butter. Paleo banana pudding for dessert please!

Best part about being Primal: Not watching calories and good food. Body fat has dropped-turns out there was some abs under there. I am passionate about cooking, so paleo has given me new challenges, which has been lots of fun.

Worst part about being Primal: I love rice. I am a Cajun boy and I was raised on rice and gravy. Gradually eliminating it though, and itís not so bad.

I have been lurking around for a while and thought I would introduce myself. Thank you to all who contribute and I am looking forward to contributing as well. Of course a special thanks to Mark. I enjoy your blog and have one of your books and will be soon adding more to my library.

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    Good luck - I'm new too, and still gathering knowledge. I hope you get the results you want

Quote Originally Posted by golangrok View Post
    Good luck - I'm new too, and still gathering knowledge. I hope you get the results you want
    Thanks! We are battling a hurricane right now. Power just came on and I hope we can get a couple more hours of power. It came back on long enough to put a paleo sweet potato pie in the oven! Mmmmmm....

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Excuse my overseas ignorance but "La" is Louisiana, isn't it?

Does that mean you get to eat alligator (which sounds pretty primal to me)? :-)

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    How was the pie?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Excuse my overseas ignorance but "La" is Louisiana, isn't it?

Does that mean you get to eat alligator (which sounds pretty primal to me)? :-)
    Alligator is delicious. The problem comes in the preparation because it is usually battered and fried in restaurants. At home I will probably make a sauce piquant with it next time I get some gator meat which is also delicious. Many recipes are available online if you are interested. It is easily paleo adapted.

Quote Originally Posted by golangrok View Post
    How was the pie?
    Pretty good. Mashed sweet potatoes, egg, almond meal, honey, and pecans on top. Threw it together but it scratched an itch for sure...