Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Searching for MY Sweet Spot page

Trojan is offline Member

Searching for MY Sweet Spot

Hello There

I'm new around here and about to embark on a mission to embrace more fat, lower my protein and ultimately , find my weight loss "Sweet Spot". I'll be honest.I'm fairly "brain damaged" due to years of body building trainers/diets. Some of it worked but most didn't. I had success with Paleo the first go around and believe I can find success again with a Paleo/Primal lifestyle. It's not going to be a diet....it will be a lifestyle.

Stats:

Female
    5'9
    154lbs
    aprox 19/20% BF

Goals..14/16% BF and around 140-145lbs

Exercise:

Heavy weight lifting 3x a week
    Combat/CF 1x
    walking 3-4 miles a few times a week
    Sprint intervals/HIIT 2x a week

My issue? I'm TOO much in my head about weight loss. I fear fat(even after reading all the books, blogs, podcasts) and eat WAY too much protein to find Ketosis.

My current daily diet is-

Meal 1 Coffee/tea black
    Water
    Roasted veggies, 100 grams(few oz) lean protein like chicken/fish
    1-2 tbl EVOO

Snack 1/2 serving protein powder-Vega One, 1 scoop greens powder mixed in water
    5-8 almonds
    Sugar free gum-yes I know this must go!

Meal 2 tea/water
    2-3 cups spinach/kale
    100 grams lean protein
    1-2 Tbl EVOO
    small apple

Snack 1 full serving Vega One plant protein power
    1 scoop powdered greens
    5-8 almonds

Meal 3
    Roasted Veggies
    100gram protein
    EVOO

You get the pic...allot of protein, modest fat and low carb.I'm GOING to have to radically change this up in order to get to ketosis. The HOW is my issue. I'm used to havng a meal plan and following it...now it's up to me and perhaps your help?

I welcome any suggestions on what might help me drop the final 10-15 lbs without losing a ton of muscle and keeping my sanity.

Note* I do not crave any wheat, rice, sweet potato or dairy
    I DO have a huge craving for sweets and indulge in a cheat meal once a week.

Thanks

B

Trojan is offline Member
    Today I added a little grassfed butter to meal 1 and 2. I'm nervous about over doing the fat since I used a little EVOO too.

It's leg day

4 rounds of..

Weighted squats
    weighted lunges
    Leg Ext
    Lying Leg curls
    Gluts
    Calves and Abs

Capped off with some cortisol lowering walking.

B
    Last edited by Trojan; 08-29-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Trojan is offline Member
    So this has been my first week attempting to hit Ketosis. I'm not sure i'm there yet BUT It's been an experiement in cravings and hunger.

What I've been eating(Any advice welcome). Oh..I can't have dairy!

Breakfast
    Decaf/Water
    Multi
    Iodine sup
    Vit D Drops

A cup of roasted brocc/little squash and asparagus
    Boiled turkey(60 weighted grams)
    tablespoon grassfed butter
    healthy dose os EVOO
    few brazil nuts and cashews

Always had 5 or less nuts when my blood sugar was dropping

Lunch

2 cups spinach
    Chicken(75 weighted grams)
    EVOO
    Few nuts

teaspoon tahini

Snack

30-40 weighted grams chicken with some avacado.

Dinner

Green veggies with EVOO
    little cado

1-3 tablespoons Coconut oil before bed.

Lots and lots of water and some NUUN for any dehydration.

Workouts have been walking 5-8 miles a day
    my trainer had me do 3 depletion workouts in a row this week. It was BRUTAL...

Ready?

3 rounds of 15-20 reps

Leg Ext, Walking Lunge, Ham Curl, Back Ext, Calf Seated, Calf Standing, Bicep Curl BB, Bicep DB, Deadlift DB, Rope Tri's, Stright Bar Tri's, 2 types of abs. 40 min of sheer exhustion, HIGH HR and sweat.

Pro's..less cravings for sugar, flatter stomach and little leaner legs
    Con's HUNGRY( he said not to go over 80 grams of fat per day), waking up from hunger, brain fog and not sthinking clearly..

Does adding salt really help?

Thanks

B
    Last edited by Trojan; 09-15-2012 at 06:36 AM.
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Muscle weighs more than fat and scales are evil.

Trojan is offline Member
    Today was a turning point. I rocked that workout and an hour of power walking too.
    Energy levels are better and hunger is less.

I look forward to a day when I'll just need to eat once or twice as hunger directs.

SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Trojan is offline Member
    Woke up feeling AWESOME. Walked 10 miles...ate a good deal of fat and less protein.
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Trojan;940402]Hello There

I'm new around here and about to embark on a mission to embrace more fat, lower my protein and ultimately , find my weight loss "Sweet Spot". I'll be honest.I'm fairly "brain damaged" due to years of body building trainers/diets. Some of it worked but most didn't. I had success with Paleo the first go around and believe I can find success again with a Paleo/Primal lifestyle. It's not going to be a diet....it will be a lifestyle.

Stats:

Female
    5'9
    154lbs
    aprox 19/20% BF

We are around the same stats, except I'm a little taller and older than you. I stay in ketosis and I've found my sweet spot, and it takes a bit of tweaking to get there but once you are in ketosis, it's a great feeling with an abundance of energy. The quickest way to get there is to increase fats, eat moderate protein and go low carb. My daily stats are around the following:
    70% fat
    20% protein
    10 % carbs.

I try to remain <30grams carbs and I stay <1200 calories per day. You are more active than I am, so you'll have to do the math on your own stats to figure out what works for you. I have 8 lbs left to lose, so I'm staying low calorie/carbs but once I reach my goal weight, I intend to increase my lifting and workouts, and will slightly increase my calories intake per day. It's all a bit of an experiment to get the results that you desire. By the way, I don't eat wheat, sugar or any fruit, currently.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Trojan is offline Member
    [QUOTE=Louisa655;954916]
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
    Hello There

Stats:

Female
    5'9
    154lbs
    aprox 19/20% BF

We are around the same stats, except I'm a little taller and older than you. I stay in ketosis and I've found my sweet spot, and it takes a bit of tweaking to get there but once you are in ketosis, it's a great feeling with an abundance of energy. The quickest way to get there is to increase fats, eat moderate protein and go low carb. My daily stats are around the following:
    70% fat
    20% protein
    10 % carbs.

I try to remain <30grams carbs and I stay <1200 calories per day. You are more active than I am, so you'll have to do the math on your own stats to figure out what works for you. I have 8 lbs left to lose, so I'm staying low calorie/carbs but once I reach my goal weight, I intend to increase my lifting and workouts, and will slightly increase my calories intake per day. It's all a bit of an experiment to get the results that you desire. By the way, I don't eat wheat, sugar or any fruit, currently.
    Hey Louisa

Thank you for dropping by. My biggest issue is dropping my protein and increasing that fat but it's getting there. I've not had any sugar/artificial sweetener or fruit in a week, I still miss it. The good news is my pants are slightly loose while my energy has shot up! I'll get my BF % this coming weekend with my trainer. Started out at 20% and hoping to be under that.

Yesterday's meals were

Coffee/Water
    Brocc/kale
    pat of grass fed butter
    50 grams protein
    EVOO
    a few nuts

kale/brocc
    50 grams of protein
    mustard
    EVOO
    nuts

Sugar snap peas..whole bag:/
    Green and fiber but possibly too much carb

More brocc
    40grams protein
    EVOO
    nuts

I'm supposed to eat around 150 grams of protein a day, no more or less due to my muscle goals. Still, am in truly in ketosis with this amount? Not sure. There were a few days of massive head fog and frustration then it cleared and I had alot of energy. Maybe I'm there..

We shall see what this week brings.

More depletion weight workouts and some Crossfit/HIIT sessions for sure.

Barb
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Trojan is offline Member
    Here we go with week two. M goal this week is to lower the protein to 150 gm or less, increase my fat but watch it with the coconut oil. Since I'm dairy free I'll increase my Avacado intake.

Breakfast:

Coffee/Water
    50 grams protein
    kale/broccoli-roasted
    pat of grassfed butter
    evoo
    mustard
    -too many nuts. Need to watch this as well.

Lunch :

2 handfuls of fresh spinach
    50 grams turkey
    EVOO
    Avacado

Snack will be avacado/FEW cashews

Dinner:

30-40 grams protein
    lots of green veggies
    EVOO

Night Snack- snow peas.
    1-2 table spoons Coconut Oil

Question....how bad are sugar snap/snow peas for ketosis? My trainer said I could eat as much green veggie as I like but they may have too many carbs? Since cutting out all sugar/sweeteners, I find them delectible which probably answers my question.

Workout..It's been a week since my last rest day hence I may just do 1 hour of walking.

B
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Trojan is offline Member
    Morning All!

Sleep pretty good...about 8.5 hours. Still on Lunesta which sucks.

Started off the day with 45 min walking and 15 min of running intervals. I'll go back at lunch for 10 min of HIIT with a little lifting. I'm finding that hunger is less but I still want/need my 4 meals a day. Increased fats and lowered protein yesterday which seemed to work. It's tougher when you can't have dairy but that's the last time I'll harp on that.

Added in baby cukes to lessen the sugar snap pea consumption. TONS of green veggies is what's helping me stay fuller and ....um regular. lol Sorry..TMI.

Do Keto Stix REALLY work?

B
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi there, Trojan. Just poking my head in.

If you are looking for more fat, you should hunt up the recipe for the Liquid Fat Bomb on the recipe page. Heaven. And you can toss protein powder in, too, if you want to make it a Fat AND Protein Bomb.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast