Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Searching for MY Sweet Spot page 3

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
    Morning Primal-Land~
    This weekend will be busy. I'll be heading to SA to check on my DAD who recently had surgey. Booking bands for a huge music concert here in Austin, working on SXSW show and doing some combat fitness tomorrow. I also need to get to the shooting range soon!

What are your weekend plans?

B
    You sound like you have an exciting life! Find some time to slow down and relax.

My weekend? Waking up 3 sleeping high school cheerleaders on my couches so I can do more than tip toe around the kitchen, cook some Middle Eastern lamb/eggplant stew, go pick up 2 ADORABLE homeless dogs for our animal rescue organization and watch the movie "Genetic Roulette" on my lap top. Hopefully time for a run, although it will probably be inside since the weather sucks today.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Forgot to ask, are you doing all of this for competition or just for you?

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Trojan is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    Forgot to ask, are you doing all of this for competition or just for you?
    Hi Phaselow~

Well you're correct, my life IS a bit too stressful. It's very hard for me to dial things down which is possibly why my sleep sucks:/. I'm doing all of this because I'm an on camera talent with band interviews coming up soon. Thought about a competition but unsure. I've been way too inside my head about my body though...it's a great body. I need to embrace that and be grateful. The thing is...typing that and DOING that are two different things.

I WILL get there. I'm aiming to eat clean and from the earth these days. Already in 2 weeks of eating clean my BF% dropped to 19%...most women would kill for that.

I was a skinny model 8 years ago and it messes with your mind. You do crazy things like count 5 calories for a stick of SF gum. Yep..nuts. At 37..I know better than that, just don't always do it. Does this make sense? Retraining the brain is a process for sure.

Thanks for popping in. Have a lovely day

B
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Muscle weighs more than fat and scales are evil.

Do you drink water with your meals? How much?

Have you ever looked at the articles recommending NOT having fluid intake with meals or even before meals (can't recall how long before)? Diluting the stomach acid can impair protein digestion, upset the pH balance and such. I see you have a lot of liquid listed at meal time.

I sometimes add some apple cider vinegar to my water.

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Trojan is offline Member
    Do you drink water with your meals? How much?

Have you ever looked at the articles recommending NOT having fluid intake with meals or even before meals (can't recall how long before)? Diluting the stomach acid can impair protein digestion, upset the pH balance and such. I see you have a lot of liquid listed at meal time.

I sometimes add some apple cider vinegar to my water.
    I have heard that but I HAVE to drink water with meals. Long story but it's a must. I am on some serious digestive support which helps though. My trainer has me on more supplents than I can shake a stick at.

B
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Trojan is offline Member
    Fell off the wagon this weekend but back at it today. It's amazing how sensitive I've become to sugar. Bleech! Don't even want it now.

Meals are back on track.

I'm also down to 19% BF....wohooo.

B
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
    Fell off the wagon this weekend but back at it today. It's amazing how sensitive I've become to sugar. Bleech! Don't even want it now.

Meals are back on track.

I'm also down to 19% BF....wohooo.

B
    Ah, bad weekend for you, too? I swear that sugar switches off our frontal lobe. Nothing worse than wondering where the last 30 minutes (and the bag of Reese's peanut butter cups) went!

19% BF. Excellent. How is it measured? I had a caliper test 6 years ago that put me at 15%. No way is it 15% now. Recently I used those silly impedance scales. One told me I was 14.6% and the other said I was 24%. Set that scale to 'athletic' function and it put me at 19%. Not sure what to believe, if anything. All of my BF is in my rear/thighs. BMI is 20.9

Not that you need to know all of that! I'm glad to see you feel back on track.

Age 48
    5'3"
    121lbs

Henri Frederic Amiel

Trojan is offline Member
    Ah, bad weekend for you, too? I swear that sugar switches off our frontal lobe. Nothing worse than wondering where the last 30 minutes (and the bag of Reese's peanut butter cups) went!

19% BF. Excellent. How is it measured? I had a caliper test 6 years ago that put me at 15%. No way is it 15% now. Recently I used those silly impedance scales. One told me I was 14.6% and the other said I was 24%. Set that scale to 'athletic' function and it put me at 19%. Not sure what to believe, if anything. All of my BF is in my rear/thighs. BMI is 20.9

Not that you need to know all of that! I'm glad to see you feel back on track.
    Weekend was a planned splurge which left me feeling..dirty and bloated. I HATE this feeling but it just makes me crave my clean food. The way my body responds to clean whole food is simply amazing.

I have a trainer who uses the skin fold method, those scales are NEVER accurate. I've had your BF% experience; one says this another says that. What the heck are we to believe??!?!!?!?. I trust my trainer though so I'm pleased with 19%, can see more definition coming through now. I have a HUGE interview weekend coming up soon. I'll be interviewing bands all day and need to look toned. I hold my fat in my tummy/thighs. He just placed me on a TON of supplements to help detox the estrogen fat from my legs...I'll let ya know if it works

Back on track
    B
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried cold baths/therapy? I have been reading the Cold Thermogenesis thread and one thing that struck me was that it can be particularly effective on thigh fat. I am finally taking the plunge (sorry, couldn't resist) and will be interested to see how it goes.

Trojan is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Have you tried cold baths/therapy? I have been reading the Cold Thermogenesis thread and one thing that struck me was that it can be particularly effective on thigh fat. I am finally taking the plunge (sorry, couldn't resist) and will be interested to see how it goes.
    Sabine,

Yes..I read about this in Robb Wolfs book and 4 hour body. I've dabbled with it a little but it's fricken fracken cold.
    It's supposed to reduce that pecky brown fat..which I'm all for. I'm thinking a pool would be easier than bathtub..

Good luck and report back!

Barb
    SBF% 20.5
    CBF% 20.0
    Goal....14%

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast