Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Cycling Endurance Thread page 7

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, who uses prepared recovery drinks? My current plan is to eat ~100 grams of carbs from fruits, veggies, and sweet potatos daily, and then take a full serving of Ultragen (60 grams carbs) immediately following my rides in the hope that it will all be converted to muscle glycogen. It's too soon to tell if it's working or not, since I think I'm still in the adjustment period no matter what I do.

Does this sound like a decent plan? I'm staying pretty strictly primal otherwise, so I'm okay with calling the Ultragen my 20%, or thinking of it as a dietary supplement of sorts.

Donk is offline Banned
    I had a cannondale super 6 with SRM and full record and sold it when I learnt the dangers of cardio after reading PB. How come people are obsessed with doing cardio and eating carbs despite the risks involved? Thats a good question!

Ultragen??? That aint primal! Its full 'o' dairy and refined sugars!!

Fill up your camel bak with organic coconut oil and you'll out climb everyone you go riding with. I did it before I sold my bike and was smashing out 6watts per kg on a local 32min climb. The medium chain fatty acids in the coconut just feed out ATP cells so we can get massive power out put. Try it some time.
    Last edited by Donk; 09-05-2010 at 10:41 PM.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Fill up your camel bak with organic coconut oil
    Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're gonna be overrun by trolls, at least make 'em funny trolls. Thanks for the amusement while trying to crash our forums!
    (ShrinkingViolet was a great one, too!)
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Donk is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're gonna be overrun by trolls, at least make 'em funny trolls. Thanks for the amusement while trying to crash our forums!
    (ShrinkingViolet was a great one, too!)
    Whats so funny about that? Coconut oil is a rich source of saturated fat and the brain is made up of more than 80% fat so the more fat you eat, the healthier your brain is isnt it?

Having organic wildcrafted coconut oil in your camel bak sounds like a great idea to me. Ive done it and its a great thing to travel with.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I use 10w40 fully synthetic. It tastes odd, but keeps my exhaust soot-less.

Jonesy is offline Junior Member
    There's a lot of discussion on here about cycling nutrition but what about cycling from a training point of view. How frequently do you guys go out on training rides? Are these kept under an hour? High intensity?

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I have not touched my bike since ending 201 fully-loaded miles (In three days) in a vomiting, sweating, crying, heap at the side of the A30 in Devon... :-/

Bike (puncture) and rider (Exhaustion) had no more left to give.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567