Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Diabetics Blood Sugar Solution page 6

  1. #51
    TorMag's Avatar
    TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Johns Creek, GA
    Posts
    559
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just thought I would post an update here. This morning my fasting sugars were 115. I could not believe it so I tested a second time poking a finger on the other hand. Yep 115. This is day 9 of following the Blood Sugar Solution. I cannot belive it. Hopefully this is not a fluke, but we have 33 more days to go in this n=1. I have not been this low since before being Primal and on insulin.

    What is the difference between today's 115 and yesterday's 212, I worked out for the first time since starting this 42 days. Being sick and a whole lot of work kept me from working out. Got my fingers crossed.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

    My Journal
    My Journal

  2. #52
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Excellent progress, Tormag. I'm curious. How is your eating different on the Blood Sugar Solution compared to regular old Primal? When I listened to Dr, Hyman's presentation on PBS, the two seemed to be overlapping quite a bit.

  3. #53
    TorMag's Avatar
    TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Johns Creek, GA
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Excellent progress, Tormag. I'm curious. How is your eating different on the Blood Sugar Solution compared to regular old Primal? When I listened to Dr, Hyman's presentation on PBS, the two seemed to be overlapping quite a bit.
    Doing a little combination. You are right, he is very close to Primal, but allows legumes, which I am not doing. It is more like a Whole 30 or Leptin reset. No Starch, No Dairy, No Fruit and No Coffee. The coffee and dairy part is killing me. I did not realize how much coffee I drink with Whole Whipping cream. I am dragging in the afternoons without my cup.... I am definitely in Ketosis, got the whole metallic taste going on in the mouth.

    I was eating, starch, fruit and dairy... No mas. Starch was in the form of sweet potatoes and occasional rice. I would have an apple hear and there. Dairy in the form of whole whipping cream in the coffee and cheese.

    I forgot to mention, based on your input, I have increased my fat intake and dropped the protien calories.
    Last edited by TorMag; 09-04-2012 at 12:50 PM.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

    My Journal
    My Journal

  4. #54
    WeldingHank's Avatar
    WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lawrence,Ma
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    I am dragging in the afternoons without my cup.... I am definitely in Ketosis, got the whole metallic taste going on in the mouth.
    From one diabetic to another, I don't know what your experience is with ketosis (if you have been there before) But if you haven't, just wait 1-2 more days and see what happens. OMG, the first time I felt like there was nothing that could stop me, seemingly limitless even energy through the day.

    But, if you've been there before, you know what to expect LOL.

  5. #55
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Doing a little combination. You are right, he is very close to Primal, but allows legumes, which I am not doing. It is more like a Whole 30 or Leptin reset. No Starch, No Dairy, No Fruit and No Coffee. The coffee and dairy part is killing me. I did not realize how much coffee I drink with Whole Whipping cream. I am dragging in the afternoons without my cup.... I am definitely in Ketosis, got the whole metallic taste going on in the mouth.

    I was eating, starch, fruit and dairy... No mas. Starch was in the form of sweet potatoes and occasional rice. I would have an apple hear and there. Dairy in the form of whole whipping cream in the coffee and cheese.

    I forgot to mention, based on your input, I have increased my fat intake and dropped the protien calories.
    I bet you could get away with the high fat dairy if you just put it in a decaf drink. Have you tried Crio Bru yet? It was Dr. Bork Bork, another diabetic, who turned me on to it. It's roasted ground, then brewed cocoa beans. Heavenly.

    I think dropping the spuds, rice and fruit makes a lot of sense. Maybe later when things have stabilized you can bring the fruit back in moderation. I know my Dad, also a T2D, has been doing great on primal but every time he binges out on fruit, his ankles puff up again. Drops the fruit, swelling goes down. He's starting to believe me now.

  6. #56
    TorMag's Avatar
    TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Johns Creek, GA
    Posts
    559
    Never heard of Crio Bru, but just checked out their website and placed an order on amazon.... Look forward to trying it. You mention your father's ankles, heck I had cankles before going Primal. I could press my finger into my ankles and leave a dent. After a year of Primal health, my ankles have gone back to normal. I hope your dad jumps in fully....
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

    My Journal
    My Journal

  7. #57
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Never heard of Crio Bru, but just checked out their website and placed an order on amazon.... Look forward to trying it. You mention your father's ankles, heck I had cankles before going Primal. I could press my finger into my ankles and leave a dent. After a year of Primal health, my ankles have gone back to normal. I hope your dad jumps in fully....
    Oh, he's in, he just backslides occasionally, usually with a fruit binge. It was the diabetic neuropathy pains in his feet that first convinced him that there might be something to my "weird internet diet".

    He has gotten off a statin, two BP meds, and a heart med and now has 115/65 BP consistently. It has been amazing to watch the uptick in general wellbeing, alertness, energy level, etc. in him. He's 86 and still out cutting trees and fixing rain gutters.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •