Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: Diabetics – Blood Sugar Solution page 4

  1. #31
    longing2bfit's Avatar
    longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    587
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Thanks people, a lot of good things to think over. Day 4's Morning BS was 191 a slight rise could be because I ate at 10:30 last night.

    According to Paleobird’s calculations here it goes…

    HSIS
    240 lbs = 108.9 kg
    Protein range = 98 – 118 grams
    Carbs = 54 grams
    Fats = 216 – 378 range ?

    Wow, not sure where I would eat all those fats???????
    How funny~I ate after dinner (more grass-fed meatloaf) and I was also slightly up today! I usually don't eat after dinner but strenous activity meant I was starving yesterday. Sounds like we are getting our own process figured out.

  2. #32
    TorMag's Avatar
    TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Johns Creek, GA
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    How funny~I ate after dinner (more grass-fed meatloaf) and I was also slightly up today! I usually don't eat after dinner but strenous activity meant I was starving yesterday. Sounds like we are getting our own process figured out.
    Sure does. In the book, Dr. Hyman says not to eat at least three hours before bed time.... Could be right. I will make sure I do not do that tonight and see how things fair. Also planing on doing at least 20 minutes of Viking Warrior today, will be intersted to see how that effects things
    Last edited by TorMag; 08-30-2012 at 08:56 AM.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

    My Journal
    My Journal

  3. #33
    Lily Marie's Avatar
    Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    717
    I'd think it would be best for you to only eat once a day for now - just to give your body a chance at lowering it's sugar level. You need to spend as much time not spiking your blood sugar as possible. Multiple eatings mean multiple spikes.

  4. #34
    Moochy's Avatar
    Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    Sure doee. In the book, Dr. Hyman says not to eat at least three hours before bed time.... Could be right. I will make sure I do not do that tonight and see how things fair. Also planing on doing at least 20 minutes of Viking Warrior today, will be intersted to see how that effects things
    Just finished lightening to Richard Johnson via Mercola interview.

    He says if you eat your last meal at 5PM and do not eat until the next day (No snacking), perhaps 8 in the morning, you will deplete the glycogen stored in your liver at around 2 am and burn fat until you eat your next meal. Perhaps you might try this?
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

    Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

    and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

  5. #35
    TorMag's Avatar
    TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Johns Creek, GA
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    I'd think it would be best for you to only eat once a day for now - just to give your body a chance at lowering it's sugar level. You need to spend as much time not spiking your blood sugar as possible. Multiple eatings mean multiple spikes.
    That is counter to everything I have read. Diabetics are supposed to eat throught the day, trying to keep blood sugar consistent. I had been doing IF for the last 6 months and wondering if that was one of the reasons my BS wasm't getting better..
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

    My Journal
    My Journal

  6. #36
    TorMag's Avatar
    TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Johns Creek, GA
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochy View Post
    Just finished lightening to Richard Johnson via Mercola interview.

    He says if you eat your last meal at 5PM and do not eat until the next day (No snacking), perhaps 8 in the morning, you will deplete the glycogen stored in your liver at around 2 am and burn fat until you eat your next meal. Perhaps you might try this?
    I am still at work at 5:00, but yeah, I get your point. I am trying to eat as soon as I get home. Last night was an exception.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

    My Journal
    My Journal

  7. #37
    Lily Marie's Avatar
    Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by TorMag View Post
    That is counter to everything I have read. Diabetics are supposed to eat throught the day, trying to keep blood sugar consistent. I had been doing IF for the last 6 months and wondering if that was one of the reasons my BS wasm't getting better..

    That's only true if your blood sugar levels are normal. How can keeping an elevated blood sugar level be good for you? I know we're all different, even diabetics - but if you track your blood sugar levels through the day, you'll probably see that your numbers are high before you eat your second meal. Why spike them up again?

    Unless your blood sugar drops down into the low 50's from not eating, it's not swinging out of control.

    Even eating once a day, if you eat too much protein or carbs - it will keep you elevated at a dangerous level. It's better to scale back and let the levels come back down. Then when stablized, slowly add more back in to see what you can really handle.

  8. #38
    TorMag's Avatar
    TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Johns Creek, GA
    Posts
    559
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    That's only true if your blood sugar levels are normal. How can keeping an elevated blood sugar level be good for you? I know we're all different, even diabetics - but if you track your blood sugar levels through the day, you'll probably see that your numbers are high before you eat your second meal. Why spike them up again?

    Unless your blood sugar drops down into the low 50's from not eating, it's not swinging out of control.

    Even eating once a day, if you eat too much protein or carbs - it will keep you elevated at a dangerous level. It's better to scale back and let the levels come back down. Then when stablized, slowly add more back in to see what you can really handle.
    You might be right, my memory is coming back to me. How I got to the Blood Sugar Solution was on a different thread I had posted where I saw an article on the LA Times website where they talked about an English study that showed where Fasting for 30 days had cured diabetes.

    Type 2 diabetes cure, extreme diet - Los Angeles Times
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

    My Journal
    My Journal

  9. #39
    Leida's Avatar
    Leida is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,800
    Sure does. In the book, Dr. Hyman says not to eat at least three hours before bed time.... Could be right. I will make sure I do not do that tonight and see how things fair. Also planing on doing at least 20 minutes of Viking Warrior today, will be intersted to see how that effects things
    That's the hardest thing for me to achieve since I am back home from work no earlier than 5 pm, and often after 6 pm (if I went to the gym) and I go to bed around 8 pm, fall asleep by 9 pm. So, by the time dinner is cooked, and seeing I take about 1-2 hours to eat my supper.... That requirement was always a problem for me on any diet. I get up around 4 am, and don't eat till about 9 -10 am, easily, but not eating in the evening, that's a hard one. I haven't even tried so far.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

  10. #40
    Lily Marie's Avatar
    Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    717
    Sheesh!

    I just tried the formula PaleoBird posted yesterday. My 1 hour post meal number is 178! So high!
    Cutting down the protein to 67g and raising the carbs to almost 30 is not good for me.

    I had 340g ground beef, 120g raw carrot, 1.5 cups of canned coconut milk.

    Looks like it's back to more protein and less carbs until I'm truly stable. I've noticed I can handle a day of max carbs if my blood sugar level has been steady for a few weeks(it hasn't).

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •