Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Unsure about whether I should be including fruit page 7

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    everyone watch out for what this guys say. hes possibly the most idiotic and uninformed person ive seen on this forum
    Actually, I think you stole that title.

ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    everyone watch out for what this guys say. hes possibly the most idiotic and uninformed person ive seen on this forum
    That's a bold statement from someone that can't form an argument. Exactly why am I wrong?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Picaro is offline Member
    Carb Wars ! Sorry, I must have dialled the wrong number, Byeee.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Sure you would if your calorie intake decreases in kind with your activity level. You can only lose weight if you take in less energy than you expend - you need a calorie deficit. Generally, exercise makes you hungrier and you eat more. If your hunger mechanism is reliable and you eat with your stomach and not your eyes, your food intake should decrease. The problem is people get used to making a certain quantity of food for themselves, then something happens and we become less active but we still serve ourselves the same portion because we're just used to doing it. We eat with our eyes - you probably bring a container of food to work every day for lunch. If your activity level drops, will you decrease the container size? Most won't out of habit. When I take time off from the gym I have to make a conscious effort to put less food into my stomach. I'm so used to eating the same things over and over again it takes real effort to break the habit of scooping the same portions on my plate.
    You're right.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Ketones are the bodies natural energy source!

when it's wasting away

Jim_H is offline Member
    Now, this is not meant to incite or cause further trolling arguments, and in some ways is just a bit of thinking out loud.

I love fruits, always have, but since going paleo and further thinking on the potential diets, or the ability to approximate the potential diets of my ancestors, I wonder how much fruit I should eat, and wonder about it's availability to my ancestors some 5,000 to 7,000 years ago, which is about when agriculture (but not most modern fruits which arrived from China, developed in the Mediterranean basin, or later during the medieval and modern periods) arrived in northern and western Europe.

Prior to that time, let's say I'm a mix of British Isle/Irish and central European Polish with minimal other genetic sources, my ancestors at the eve of agriculture's expansion in to their neolithic hunting and gathering homes, had no apples, cherries, grapes, strawberries (unless the wild European predecessor to the domestic variety), blueberries of the modern sort, bananas, pineapples, and so on. There were wild fruits native to the regions in which they lived, but there was no great bounty as we now know in even the simpler grocery stores of the US.

In February, at the depth of winter, in the worst locations in the country, I could walk in to most food stores and find many of the above mentioned fruits to eat. Their nutritional status can be in question, but the sugar is still there, and while I love it, I have to wonder how healthy it might be to consume these all the time?

Perhaps, as stated earlier, the whole nature of these foods renders them merely a pleasant source of carbs and nothing to be concerned about. Perhaps, I could limit in take to 1 or 2 a day apples, and think no further. However, I maintain my ancestors had no late winter sources of fruits. Until modern times, the bounty of the harvest was a brief time of fruit availability, and we preserved some by fermentation. So, only a small portion of the fruit from an apple orchard was eaten and most made into hard cider. That though, is an agricultural development, and one that can release a flood of sugar in the body if a few liters of cider are drank.

I still largely eat fruits as I please, with sugary Medjool Dates, bananas, apples, peaches, oranges, blueberries, and many others being eaten throughout the year, and a few on a daily basis. I merely wonder if I ought to eat fewer fruits, and perhaps try to eat them in a certain season? So much of what we now consider (or most people) normal, everyday, and even indispensable, did not exist at one time. Prior to WW2, orange juice was non-existent for most people, and only seasonal. Bananas were a strange oddity, and commercial blueberries did not exist. All Medjool Dates grown in the lower Colorado River Valley are the result of pups that come from 6 original date trees brought over from Morocco in the early 20th century, but I love them! and eat them year round.

Just some thoughts.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I tried going keto for two weeks and I had no fruit. I didn't like it... I really wanted the damned orange, you know? XD I can't see that eating fruit is doing me any harm. I eat maybe one fruit a day plus some frozen berries. That fruit is usually an apple, pear or a banana. I just put them in my calorie counter to make sure I'm not overdoing the carbs.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Whenever an overweight person or sugar-addict tries to go an a healthy diet, the first thing they do is gorge themselves on fruit, thinking "but fruit is healthy". That's the body trying to find a path to maintain its fat.

No fruit at all, or a palm of berries.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Whenever an overweight person or sugar-addict tries to go an a healthy diet, the first thing they do is gorge themselves on fruit, thinking "but fruit is healthy". That's the body trying to find a path to maintain its fat.

No fruit at all, or a palm of berries.
    You say the most bizarre things.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Eat fruit. Fruit is good. If you want to go high carb, then watch your fats. Different things work for different people.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast