Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unsure about whether I should be including fruit page 3

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Some of us can quite comfortably lose fat and eat fruit. It's not an either/or proposition for everyone.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Who cares if it converts to fat if it'll just get reused after the energy your other food just provided runs out?
    lol, it doesnt just work like that. If it can't be used as fuel when eaten, it is stored. plain and simple, its a scientific fact

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    I think the Fructose thing has been over emphasized with the HFCS issue.
    If you have restricted intake of table sugar, honey, HFCS and other concentrated syrups, you would be hard pressed to overload liver with fructose from fruit, if you chew it and let your body do what it does.
    Juicing on the other hand is another story, once you do that then all fruit becomes high GI and both glucose & fructose load is amplified.
    A glass of orange juice requires about 3 average oranges, there is a big difference between drinking the glass of juice or eating three oranges.
    I agree in the since that drinking direct juice is much worse than eating fruit. But, either way three oranges or juice still stops the burning of fat. Three oranges is about 60 grams of carbohydrate and that is an extremely significant amount of carbohydrate in one sitting. Since it is fructose, it is even more readily converted into body fat. In nature we wouldn't have access to these things on a regular basis and meat would make up majority of the diet. I find citrus extremely irritating when I eat it so I stay away from it and most all fruit for that matter. Most of our ancestors lived in cold climates and they didn't have seeds and fruits and there just wasn't much vegetation around. They were simply just killing the meat and eating it. People also consume high amounts of fruit because the medical establishment leads people to believe these things are good for them and while you eat that orange or banana or whatever, you can just think about all the glycated proteins that you are forming in the process and you can reap all the detrimental things that come with it. Our society absolutely worships carbohydrate and glucose. We love glucose. If you've never heard of a glycated protein I suggest you do some research on it because staying away from glucose is the absolute best thing you can do for your health period.
    Last edited by BennettC; 08-29-2012 at 10:29 PM.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    lol, it doesnt just work like that. If it can't be used as fuel when eaten, it is stored. plain and simple, its a scientific fact
    I agree with that. But as long as your calories are reasonable, you'll just burn the fat that the fructose turned into once you run out of energy. EXAMPLE: Eating 200 calories in watermelon and 200 calories of chicken breast versus 200 calories in butter and 200 calories of chicken breast. Your body will digest it and burn some of it. Some of the fructose or the butter will probably turn into fat because it's unlikely that you'll metabolize all of it at once. Then, an hour later, if you've still not eaten, you burn off the fat that the watermelon or the butter turned into, and you're at the point where it doesn't matter if you've eaten fructose or not.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Then when your not eating it comes back out of storage and powers your butt up that hill.

trippplez is offline Member
    I agree in the since that drinking direct juice is much worse than eating fruit. But, either way three oranges or juice still stops the burning of fat. Three oranges is about 60 grams of carbohydrate and that is an extremely significant amount of carbohydrate in one sitting. Since it is fructose, it is even more readily converted into body fat.
    Way too dogmatic and close minded ... Haven't you seen people eating hundreds of grams of carbs as fruits and still lookin pretty good, as in healthy and toned "good", not the usual skinny-fat-looking-good-only-in-clothes.

Well, I'm one of these 'exceptions' maintaining sub 6 percent body fat all year round, without counting calories. Almost everyday I eat 300+ grams of carbs, often in one sitting (for example, 12 bananas or 10 lbs watermelon). If you don't believe it, look at the pics in the twitter link in my signature. I know at least a couple of other people like me - the common theme is almost everything we eat is raw (LOTS of fruits and veggies) and grilled meat and fish and boiled eggs as the protein sources.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    I agree in the since that drinking direct juice is much worse than eating fruit. But, either way three oranges or juice still stops the burning of fat. Three oranges is about 60 grams of carbohydrate and that is an extremely significant amount of carbohydrate in one sitting. Since it is fructose, it is even more readily converted into body fat. In nature we wouldn't have access to these things on a regular basis and meat would make up majority of the diet. I find citrus extremely irritating when I eat it so I stay away from it and most all fruit for that matter. Most of our ancestors lived in cold climates and they didn't have seeds and fruits and there just wasn't much vegetation around. They were simply just killing the meat and eating it. People also consume high amounts of fruit because the medical establishment leads people to believe these things are good for them and while you eat that orange or banana or whatever, you can just think about all the glycated proteins that you are forming in the process and you can reap all the detrimental things that come with it. Our society absolutely worships carbohydrate and glucose. We love glucose. If you've never heard of a glycated protein I suggest you do some research on it because staying away from glucose is the absolute best thing you can do for your health period.
    The way I look at it, we likely evolved in equatorial Africa which was tropical more often than not, yes when we got meat, we gorged, but there were plenty of times we didn't bother to hunt because it was easier to pick the in season fruit or dig a good stash of tubers.
    Everyone seems to get this idea "why would I hunt a bag of berries when I can hunt a steak at the supermarket, they both cost about the same and come in the same size package."
    Ever tried picking up a stick and chasing a wild goat down to exhaustion and then killing an animal that doesn't want to be killed, it aint all that easy, just because you choose to hunt doesnt mean it's always successful.
    There is too much emphasis on meat, it was important, but it wasn't everything, the reason our bodies are so well adapted to managing glucose is because at certain times of the year it was a significant part of our energy intake other times it would have been meat, fat, organs, bones etc., so it's about "metabolic flexability" as someone wrote elswhere.

Lol. Please look at my journal pics and tell me how eating fruit is making me fatter, because that's not what my scale or my tape measure would indicate.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I agree with that. But as long as your calories are reasonable, you'll just burn the fat that the fructose turned into once you run out of energy. EXAMPLE: Eating 200 calories in watermelon and 200 calories of chicken breast versus 200 calories in butter and 200 calories of chicken breast. Your body will digest it and burn some of it. Some of the fructose or the butter will probably turn into fat because it's unlikely that you'll metabolize all of it at once. Then, an hour later, if you've still not eaten, you burn off the fat that the watermelon or the butter turned into, and you're at the point where it doesn't matter if you've eaten fructose or not.
    I agree in the calories in calories out theory, but most people arn't doing calorie reduction. And most people burn no where near the amount of calories the grok burned or experience any kind of reduction in calories that grok experienced. I personally walk 6 miles a day in a 35 pound weighted vest, sprint twice a week, and do resistance training three times a week. If I were to gorge on something like watermelon which is full of fructose, my body wouldn't be able to perform these task at the level I am able to. I am a fat burner, not sugar. And the butter wont be stored as body fat as long as it isn't in the prescience of carbohydrate where as the watermelon is very readily stored as body fat. Very little of the watermelon would be used as fuel, where as 200 calories of butter can all be used as fuel.

You can still store excess fat calories regardless of carb consumption. Overconsumption of calories will still result in weight gain whatever the macro composition.

Owly's Journal

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast