Page 1 of 524 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member

Our own little Kiwi Thread !

Shop Now
    Hello to all our wonderful Kiwi's out there. What a fantastic community here on MDA. All sorts of amazing infomation.
    Haven't seen much evidence as yet, of our own whanau, so am hoping this little thread will flush all of you out from the undergrowth.
    Post a bit about you. I will start and hope that there is more of us than the 1/2 doz I have come across so far.

48, wrinkled, saggy baggy, old etc....Mother of three, Gwamma of two gorgeous boys.
    have been primal/paleo for about 14 weeks, Down 7kg, 19kg to lose
    Grew up in Matamata, but farmed in North Canterbury all of our married life.
    Into Jet boating, running, walking, crafts, grandchildren, love the outdoors and all the typical, wonderful New Zealand lifestyle that goes with it.

anyway YOUR TURN !!!!!!!!!

"never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for starting this thread, Gwamma. Here's my intro:

Age 48, married, mother of three (only one still at home).
    Height 5'4", weight 60kg (can I mix imperial and metric measurements?)

Discovered Primal when looking for way to maintain weight loss, which I had already managed to achieve with low carb dieting. Love eating this food and so happy that it seems to be working, dropping the grains was the final key which got rid of the bloated belly. Yay.

Enjoy my weights classes at the gym and tramping in the NZ bush.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Kia Ora!
    I'm a 35 year old mother of two (3 and 6) living in the Naki. I'm a good weight but find maintenance really hard, the weight just creeps up every time a reach my goal weight on weight watchers. But I'm finding primal is working well for me, I've been primal for about 6 months now and no weight change at all.

Annie H and Lizzie lou, fantastic. I knew that we were a wee sub community here on MDA.
    Annie, we also have only one at home, well she has headed to the States for her 7th form year, so am missing my wee poppett so so much
    Lizzie, I too have tried on WW but was really disillusioned with the lack off promotion of natural and healthy foods. In fact it really bugged me....so I went looking and found all this amazing infomation.
    great that you are both maintaining, your goals will be different than mine. I so have to lose that last 19kg, and continue this healthy streak. Then I shall be asking you guys for advice on keeping the weight off. But I still have a wee way to go.
    Good luck and keep in touch

...small steps....

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    I would say hello from across the ditch but after the Wallabies effort, I will hang my head in shame and reappear when I have something to gloat about

Daniel, darling wee neighbour.... I have not mentioned our gorgeous team..........gwammas do not sound good doing the cougar thing !!!!!! but now that it has been bought up - you may gloat when the time is right ! Robbie might be on his way home ??????

...small steps....

Hi Gwamma

Good luck with the weight loss. I think if you keep up the enthusiasm and commitment you'll be fine. IMO thats half the battle won.
    You are right about WW not having a focus on unprocessed/natural foods, and as a 'foodie' I found lots of their recipe's quite boring and lacking variety. It did work for me though, as far as getting the weight off, just not so good for long term maintenance or long term health. I sure as heck don't want to be counting points every day forever just to make sure I don't gain - but then there seem to be plenty of primal people who calorie count too. Just not the way I want to live.

I think looking around this forum that we are very lucky to be in NZ. The US looks as though their food has so many basic issues that we don't even think about here - non grass fed beef (like WTF?), everything being processed as the norm, MSG in everything.......

Lizzielou, hello...and yes I totally agree. We are a very lucky nation.
    have to managed to stay within maintanence ?

...small steps....

I starting gaining weight back after about a year of keeping it off. Since switching to primal 6 months ago, its been totally effortless keeping the weight totally stable - I wouldn't mind loosing a couple of kg, but I'm happy with statis.

My calorie intake for the day on primal (when I cared to check) was quite high too. I'm not sure what the average is for WW maintenance so can't compare - I just know I had to keep to 22 points a day (their old system).

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Kia ora koutou. I'm Jac, living in a small village about 1/2 hour from Hamilton. I have 4 kids, all gone from home now, and 3 lovely granddaughters. I'm 49 - turning 50 next March! Not too many wrinkles, but a bad case of IBS and lots of weight to lose.

I've been primal since Feb last year, lost about 11kg in that time, and worked really hard on finding the triggers for my gut issues. My latest thing is nutritional ketosis, which worked brilliantly until I went to Darwin for a week and ate heaps of fruit. Then wine gums on the trip home. Sigh.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Page 1 of 524 1231151101501 ... LastLast