Page 98 of 533 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 98

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    if i ever get married again gwamma i am so gonna have it at your place or i will steal you to come stay and organise it at mine! making venison red curry right now. i googled yellow curry recipes and they seem variable. i am very partial to lemon grass so i liked the idea. i usually cheat and just buy a paste but it is a trick finding one without vege oil in. so red curry it is tonight. i will look for yellow curry pastes in the supermarket next shopping day. i've been dodging hot dates this weekend. and my ecotour was good. kinda funny moment when the americans all asked us if there would be *gasp* snakes or poisonous spiders out there. i forget people dont know that stuff.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    We saw The Goonies in the theater, had cake/coffee (GF almond for me, and GF chocolate for him), then went grocery shopping. *height of romance*.
    Haha Zoe. My husband met me at work on Friday for a romantic lunch......yeah that's how we roll at the retirement village! We did at least get to sit outside on the deck of the community centre in the sunshine with only one little old lady interruption. Fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    if i ever get married again gwamma i am so gonna have it at your place or i will steal you to come stay and organise it at mine! making venison red curry right now. i googled yellow curry recipes and they seem variable. i am very partial to lemon grass so i liked the idea. i usually cheat and just buy a paste but it is a trick finding one without vege oil in. so red curry it is tonight. i will look for yellow curry pastes in the supermarket next shopping day. i've been dodging hot dates this weekend. and my ecotour was good. kinda funny moment when the americans all asked us if there would be *gasp* snakes or poisonous spiders out there. i forget people dont know that stuff.
    Nice one seaweed. I made an old favourite lamb and almond curry tonight but the neighbour turned up for a chat and I forgot to check it so we had a slightly burnt curry for tea. I think the homemade curry pastes have so much more flavour than the ones from the shop, and you don't have to worry about any nasty additives too.

I think the homemade curry pastes have so much more flavour than the ones from the shop, and you don't have to worry about any nasty additives too.
    i am so with you there. usually i make my own but there are brands which you can get which are just spices and shrimp paste or fish whatever. i read labels pathologically and avoid those ones with any dodgy ingredients. dad used to make the most amazing lamb curry. i still make it every now and then. lamb and almond curry sounds pretty yummy. i have curry on its own these days or with chopped steamed veges. i never did like rice so it's no loss.

Nah, who needs rice anyway? I usually do some cauli rice or just serve it over whatever vege I have plenty of, frozen peas do the trick nicely.

yes cauli rice. and sometime zucchini noodles. even potatoes or just random steamed veges that happen to be to hand. curries are awesome as you can make so many different types. never get boring. i made the kids some cheese sauce to go with their cauliflower tonight. i thickened it with a bit of tapioca starch and i have to say, red venison curry, cheese sauce and cauliflower is actually quite a good combo. i did only get a smidgen of cheese sauce tho as they ate it all pretty quick.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    then went grocery shopping. *height of romance*.
    That is lovely Zoebird. Its all about the thought !!!!!!

if i ever get married again gwamma i am so gonna have it at your place
    Seas that would be fine. Shall I book a date now ???? Where is JJ from NJ when you need him ??? LOL

LL and Annie, I have so forgotten what I was gonna say, am a wee bit tired !!!!! sad really ! I will remember tomrrow !!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I was happy to go shopping with him.

Used to be, though, that he was a knucklehead. We would ahve a weekly date (when DS was a baby), and DH was in charge of planning. ANd we would always go grocery shopping. I would get dressed, ready to go, and he hadn't planned anything, so we might as well go grocery shopping. It was truly annoying. I told him this, and then he got fussy about having to plan things. He was always fussy about that, honestly.

Then, about two years ago, i told him that I couldn't plan another thing. I am business planning all the time, working out our household schedules, planning things for DS, etc. If i also had to plan our romantic lives, I'd be completely burnt out. I just needed him to take care of a few things, and not just because I'd delegated. As in, step up and say "i'm going to be in charge of this." It still takes pushing sometimes (like with our holiday. he still hasn't planned anything, but at least housing is sorted), but overall he's getting better.

The fact that he planned this whole thing on his own with no input from me is very nice. And, he said "if you don't want to go shopping after, that's ok. we can go home, pick up DS, and then head out to the shops like we normally do." But, as it was, I was happy for it to be 'just us' and away we went.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    If anyone likes coconut water, Pak n save have 1 litre cartons of 100% coconut water on sale for $3.50, which is what I normally pay for a 440 ml bottle :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    yes cauli rice. and sometime zucchini noodles. even potatoes or just random steamed veges that happen to be to hand. curries are awesome as you can make so many different types. never get boring. i made the kids some cheese sauce to go with their cauliflower tonight. i thickened it with a bit of tapioca starch and i have to say, red venison curry, cheese sauce and cauliflower is actually quite a good combo. i did only get a smidgen of cheese sauce tho as they ate it all pretty quick.
    I have recently discovered the benefits of "reduction" for making thicker sauces with casseroles etc. So this week I tried it for a cheese sauce.

All I did was heat some cream in a pot and cook till it got thicker, then add the cheese. It was simply amazing, it even had my dh asking for more broccoli, lol.