Page 97 of 536 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 97

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    , but i also began to see the frustration he was experiencing. There were so many "no"s. "Can we go to the cafe and play with the blocks there?" no, because we have to go to work. That's got to be frustrated to hear 4 days in a row. So, it's nice to be able to say to him "yes, we can go, because you want to!" I think everyone wants to hear that sometimes.
    I think plunket have a similar recommendation for toddlers, it's called creating a 'yes environment'. Just like you say we spend all day saying no don't touch that, don't do that, leave that alone....so make your home a yes environment by simply removing the things that you say no too, or creating barriers to the things you don't want them getting into. I can see how your method Zoe is just an extension of the yes environment, changed around for big kids.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Basically, yes.

Our house is an entirely yes environment and has been from the beginning. Now that his world is expanded, there are things that he wants to do that he doesn't "get" to do just based on timing. So, this is providing him with a full day of "yes!"

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    if it works Zoe - keep at it ! I see too many unhappy children, and it is wonderful that you are letting him think for himself, within a controlled environment ! Children - like adults - need to feel loved and valued, and this is a way for you to impart those self appreciateing skills on him....so as I say if it works - fantastic. One thing that I always said to mine, when they were little - is....I love you very much, but I cannot stand your behaviour. This is of course when they were being naughty - it is now funny hearing eldest DD saying that to her three year old !!!!

LL eldest DD's Husbands father !!!!! phew that was mouthful.....trains the Air NZ engineers.....so we could have another link !!!!!! and yes lets plan a weekend away, with the whole family, and I can lend your DH my naughty little red car. Then we could have a wee jet boat ride on the river . Sounds like a plan !!!!!
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 11-09-2012 at 01:10 AM.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I am quite similar. I tell him: I know that you are a sweet and loving boy, but this behavior is inappropriate right now. And I know that you know what is expected of all of us when we are. . . (in public, in the office, at school, at home, etc).

I think i need to take a bit of a break from my parents. I think we skype tomorrow, but I would rather do a little bit of work. Ah well.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Morning ladies.

Just saving our thread from page 2 eek! We must have been all busy yesturday?

Gwamma- how did the wedding go? I'm sure it was perfect, you planned it so well and put so much effort into it how could it not be?

Busy day for us today, off to farmers market in half an hour, then library, then surf life saving (hoping its a bit warmer on the beach this week). We'll just be chilling out at home this arvo though, if the weather holds I might get cracking in the vege patch. Little miss is sick again though, some bizarre fever with no obvious cause so we spent all day yesturday firmly attached to the sofa watching Dvd's. can't stay home again today, we've got things to do. She has had such a rough winter with sickness, I wish it would just stop! I normally have well children, all this sickness is weird.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi LL, the wedding went off - pretty much without a hitch, thank you.
    My DH drove the bridal car, and he had to keep me posted on when they were nearly due, after the photos. The little bugger rang and said they had done the petrol head thing and driven through the river !!!!He said I had to bring the old Massy Ferg 125 down to pull them out .....well it was flap city for a few minutes, because the old tractor was bought new in the 1960ish, and she only has reverse and first gear left. Well the river is like 10 miles away...... bloody men in there toyota hyluxs !!!!!
    As it transpired the little shit was pulling my leg !!!!!!
    So the wedding party made it back all safe and sound. I couldn't believe the quality of the band. They had the whole 5 piece buisness going on - full drum kit, keyboard, vocalist, 2 x guitars....fantastic. Then someone played my baby grand - just fantastic.
    Anyway I now need to feed the honeymooners before they head to the morning after family party, and get ready for our own little happy hour tonight !!!!
    Millions and millions of grassgrubs to vacuum up, bottles to pick up, glasses to clean, chairs and tables to pack up...... I had best get my myself motivated !!!!

Hope little miss is better today....some fresh air might be good?
    I'll be back later
    X
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    lmfao i would so have love to have seen your face! pleased it all went smoothly and wasnt the weather so good.

LL it has been a wierd winter for kids bugs around here. mine have had several ones which make them throw up and then they are fine. i know it's not a food related thing as they go around the school at the same time. this has been the first winter we've had them like this. we also are not allowed to send them back to school for 24 hrs after they have thrown up with is quite hard when you need to work.

kids are mud running this morning till early afternoon and i am marshalling somewhere in the mud lol then i need to keep on the move so i dont get overrun again. it is a beaut day so lots of choice there.

on the subject of fireworks lol. i got given some wild pork backstraps. thankfully i left them out to defrost overnight. they had literally just been cut out of the pig so i had to cut the silver skin off with a sharp knife. i found the end of the bullet in there whilst i was doing it so thankfully i didnt stick them in the micro wave to defrost as it was a bit bigger than a shotgun pellet!

for real, that would have been a big mess if you'd defrosted in the microwave.

Dh is taking me on a date today. It's a surprise.

Last weekend, I was in a right funk. Usually, such things last a day or so, but this one lasted a full week and DH figured that he would be nice ot me and all. There are lots and lots of reasons why the funk happened -- LOTS -- but he figured out one on his own, and that was pretty nice of him. I hope he figures out the *second part* of this one, too.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hi LL, the wedding went off - pretty much without a hitch, thank you.
    My DH drove the bridal car, and he had to keep me posted on when they were nearly due, after the photos. The little bugger rang and said they had done the petrol head thing and driven through the river !!!!He said I had to bring the old Massy Ferg 125 down to pull them out .....well it was flap city for a few minutes, because the old tractor was bought new in the 1960ish, and she only has reverse and first gear left. Well the river is like 10 miles away...... bloody men in there toyota hyluxs !!!!!
    So the wedding party made it back all safe and sound. I couldn't believe the quality of the band. They had the whole 5 piece buisness going on - full drum kit, keyboard, vocalist, 2 x guitars....fantastic. Then someone played my baby grand - just fantastic.
    Anyway I now need to feed the honeymooners before they head to the morning after family party, and get ready for our own little happy hour tonight !!!!
    Millions and millions of grassgrubs to vacuum up, bottles to pick up, glasses to clean, chairs and tables to pack up...... I had best get my myself motivated !!!!

Hope little miss is better today....some fresh air might be good?
    I'll be back later
    X
    Oh what a great day, glad it was such a success. You deserve a rest now, for sure.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We saw The Goonies in the theater, had cake/coffee (GF almond for me, and GF chocolate for him), then went grocery shopping. *height of romance*.