Page 95 of 522 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 95

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I know - invite them over for our caveman conference. In fact we need to launch a caveman tattoo. Kinda like a tribal mark !!!!!

Lets get our thinking caps on.......hmmm.....it can't be three stars by your right eye, cos that means something already.......hmmmm maybe an arm band....nope thats taken.......some little circles with a flame....nope gone......I need some help with this one peoples !
    Ok so heres the thing....we eat lamb off the bone, whilst sitting round the campfire, singing songs on the guitar, taking turns at getting inked !! No orgies thou ! I do not think that primal man would have had orgies....and even if he did....I think that one bloody male at a time is plenty !!!! ( I say that in the sweetest, nicest voice boyz)
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    In fact we need to launch a caveman tattoo. Kinda like a tribal mark !!!!!
    we have always talked about having a family tattoo. we still need to design it but we will get there. would be kinda cool in a hundred odd years to see how many people have it. i want something simple and tribal art. i've looked at alot of the tattooed mummies which is also why i have a dead shark. they used to do dead animals upside down so i have a shark around my ankle bone but upside down. to remind me no more sharks and to protect me in the water around here. i'm going to see big dd tomorrow so i will have a chat about it again.

I think that one bloody male at a time is plenty !!!!
    where i come from, one man, one problem, two men, too many problems!! but ya know, the other problem is you still have to live your life and it sometimes gets in the way of a good saying.

we just had lamb off the bone for tea. with roast yams, parsnips, kumara and cauliflower with some steamed brocolli asparagus and zucchini. kids still compained and wanted GF bread for pudding?!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Wahhh! I'm not opposed to eating lamb, I simply struggle with my inner teenager. If I went to someone's home and they were serving lamb, I'd eat it and compliment the cook. It's also not that plentiful here, though it is available.

In my early 20s, I ordered squab having never had it. Two teeny birds came on my plate. My date, who read my face perfectly, cracked up laughing and made little voices saying things like, "It's okay Joanie, I'm delicious!" And they were.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    So are we all wearing our gay red shirts tomorrow? I tried and failed to explain to my son what being gay is all about, and he has two uncles who are married to each other. I don't think he even noticed any difference! Lol. Gotta love kids

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    We are most definitely gay red shirting! DH and I borrowed "super-gay red shirts" in true minimalist fashion. DH's has german on it and something about hiding the chickens. It just was absurd and made us laugh. It's a bit short on DH, and as such, our gay friend called it "gay-baiting" LOL we love our gays.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I would totally do that gift certificate thing. We actually do that for most of his gifts anyway -- focus on experiences.

Right now, our current thing is managing his frustration by having "hawk day." ON this day, Dh and I budget a bit of money and we let DS decide what he wants to do. Due to his age, we give him choices that are easy to manage. He can choose whether he wants to have breakfast, lunch, or dinner out. He decides which activities he wants to do (movie, zoo, or other thing that's on at the time). And we basically let him do whatever he wants, telling us exactly what to do as the day goes on.

He's really enjoying "being in charge" for a day about once a month. And, it makes him much happier in between "hawk days."

i dont have anything red but i wil be there in spirit. fag hag from way back here. the kids poss have something red so i will dress them up lol sitting here sipping my green tea trying to persuade myself it tastes good. i keep thinking zero calories, fat burner, anti-oxidant and repeating it to myself lol this one is jasmine and orange so it is not as gnarly as the others. been looking up BCAAs which has been interesting. supplements galore but i am not on too much of the wrong track having a piece of smoked salmon on the way home from the gym. looked up how much sodium is in 1/2 c of sea water too and it is about 3.5g i think. too much for me to be drinking on a regular basis so i will just have to get the mineral drops after all.

Right now, our current thing is managing his frustration by having "hawk day."
    ah the joys of having one child. unless i could dispose of one of mine temporarily somewhere, there would be a total riot if i tried this. they'd never agree to doing it together either, even if it meant they got what they sorta wanted. or they would agree till they got there and then there would be a dust up on some of the finer details. the theory is pretty good tho.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Lol I love you girls :-D

I don't think I own anything close to a red shirt.... Doesn't bring out my eyes ;-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Haha seaweed, I tell myself that green tea is liquid pain killer and I start chugging it back like nobodies business.

Mmmmm fresh back from my cooking class, Thai yellow curry tonight. Have the leftovers tucked away for lunch tomorrow, but I'm thinking breakfast sounds tempting......