Page 92 of 534 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 92

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i have loads of willows at home here but i wouldnt be keen. i think you need the bark anyways? mine are also prob the wrong type of willow even tho the horse likes them. i avoid all that asprin stuff and paracetemol etc. sodium ascorbate all the way except i've run out. i am off to buy some more and some liquid minerals tomorrow. big day here. did the 6 k block with the dog to keep him happy. did some work and then went around the 13k big block up through the paddocks. and then ran down the 4 or so k hill on the way back. in my minimusus which i have already worn a hole in the top of so i am gonna take them back to rebel tomorrow. they are trail running shoes after all not gym shoes!

3 cups of coffee today and some coconut oil with some cocoa powder in. plus 2 whole cups of green tea. yay. done my day sorta BP coffee fasting. will do more tomorrow with a paleo mug cake to carb up after i have been to the gym.

funny how once i do some exercise and keep the food down, i feel so much much better. something i would be good to remember next time i feel like overeating!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Bugger about the shoes! You'd expect them to last a bit longer than that. Are you going to get them replaced with the same things?

I'd love to avoid pain killers altogether, given my chronic pain it's not going to happen though. Just watching 'is modern medicine killing you', and there is a young guy with back problems. Dr has recommended a high protein lower carb diet among other things. Interesting, but I wish it was as easy as just making some dietary changes.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    LL How are you my girl ??
    Enjoy digging around in the bathroom cupboard. It can be quite surprising what you find in there LOL
    Anyway I do hope that wee sniffle moves onto the next victim sooner rather than later !!!
    Eh, I'm surviving. Looks like it'll be an early night for me though.

I need to go through the bathroom cabinet anyway as I've been getting lazer treatment to my bikini line and arm pits so I can biff my waxes and shavers and hair removal creams - I've got quite a stash I won't need anymore. There's probably a ton of out of date pills and potions in there too.

I need to go through the bathroom cabinet anyway as I've been getting lazer treatment to my bikini line and arm pits so I can biff my waxes and shavers and hair removal creams - I've got quite a stash I won't need anymore.
    does this actually work? they have specials on treatme every now and then and i am always tempted.

Bugger about the shoes! You'd expect them to last a bit longer than that. Are you going to get them replaced with the same things?
    i will need to go see them tomorrow but probably as i actually like them alot to wear. much nicer than vibrams. i had a moment on my way up the hill where i was balancing on the edge of a sheep track and i remember thinking if i was in vibrams, i would have slid off which wouldnt have been fun at all. it was a very steep hill indeed.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Everything is good here. Lots of work doing, and then being with the kiddo. I also had a very stressful few days (with attendant gas/bloating -- which was pure stress and not diet related), and so I needed to have a bit of rest and "time out!" Going swimming helped a lot.

Thanksgiving is an interesting holiday. It is a harvest festival. When some of the first pilgrims came to the US, many of the communities failed (likely starved to death or were killed by indigenous disease or people). But, there were several communities who thrived because the indigenous people came to their rescue. In MA, where the story supposedly originates, it is said that the pilgrims shared their harvest with the natives -- but it was actually the other way around. Unlikely to survive the winter, the native people brought goods that could be stored over winter as well as fresh game and many other gathered foods -- and as such the pilgrims held a small celebratory feast with the three natives and their families (a small group from a single, local tribe) when they brought the food to them.

It is actually this act that allowed the colony to survive the winter, and as such, we celebrate thanksgiving. The white-washed version is that the natives and pilgrims were hunky-dory and that the white people saved the colored people from demise, but it's really the other way around.

Now, it's mostly about family drama, football, preparing for black friday shopping and overeating.

We do thanksgiving in May, and it's a day when we make home-made cards and we write thank you notes to friends and family for the gratitude that we feel for them in our daily lives. Then we make a production of mailing them at the post office, and we go home and eat a nice dinner that we prepared together. And we say what we are thankful for.

it's wholly divorced from the original and the modern incarnations, but it works well for us.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and Obama won. My family and most of my friends on FB are strangely silent.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    does this actually work? they have specials on treatme every now and then and i am always tempted.
    Yes it does, but you do need lots of treatments on the same area to get a total effect. I've been going for my treatments every 7 weeks since October last year, and I still have a small amount of growth. Nearly all gone now though, so no more waxing this summer and I've not shaved my pits for 6 months. So nice to be free of the ties to my razor and wax. Wish I could do my legs too, but its so expensive, an area as large as legs would cost a fortune.

so 6 treatments wouldnt do it at all? i think they are what you get on special.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    hey there my friends across the ditch, just catching up ...