Page 91 of 532 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 91

Greg0ory is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Enjoy my weights classes at the gym and tramping in the NZ bush.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LOL sambucha in coffee is very pleasant.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Morning all - hope everyone is fit and well.
    I did not try the sumbucha last night !!!! Was very tempted, but didn't !!
    I need some good beef casserole recipes please, if anyone would like to impart. Yesterdays dinner tasted great, with cumin, coconut milk, lime juice and something else.....? Gwamma has forgotten ! But I can't do that one everytime I cook beef !!!
    Bride and Groom to be, here today to decorate garage. Our little border collie Tui, has been sniffing around the garage a bit lately. My gym is set up in one of the bays and has a wee couch in it. I have gone into the garage to find her curled up on the couch several times lately. She is an outside dog, but she sneeks in - very cute, except that she is leaving dirty paw marks everywhere !!!!
    never mind - if thats the worst that can happen - hey I will cope.
    Right morning coffee is done, I must go and continue on my quest....
    catch ya
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

another day, another dollar here. feeling bloated and bleurgh. have traced it back to yay the caffeine addiction. so am going to make inroads as to what to do about it.
    re:beef casserole sort of recipes. there is a korean beef stew recipe i used to make out of nourishing traditions. it had rice and noodles in but you can just leave them out. sol lang tang or something like that it was called? you just make beef broth and then you simmer slices of beef in it for a long time. you put the rice in at the beginning and the noodles at the end. you could easily sub other veges but you would want to keep them simple as the predominant flavours are the beef and the beef broth. so maybe zucchini noodles at the end and that is it? i dont have my copy of NT to hand but i will try to remember to look later.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Oh I must dig out my NT, it sits on the bookshelf so lonely and I really do love it, I just forget its there.

I use my crockpot for most of my beef casseroles, and I like to do curry - although my sri lanken cooking teacher hates that I use a crockpot and cheap cuts of meat to make curry (she reckons I'm ruining it). I just pop the meat in, then some curry paste or powder a tin of tomatoes and a diced onion. Stir through some coconut cream before serving.

I've woken up with a sore throat this morning - bah! At least my back is good today.

ugh i had the sore throat thing last week and at the weekend. it was horrid. i am almost better but is it still scratchy. at least it didnt progress to anything worse. i am onto my 2nd cup of green tea today. i was feeling too rough to eat and i cant have cofffee or i will feel rougher. so green tea it is. i love beef stews. i make a thai venison curry from a beef recipe flyer i got from new world. just beef, onions, red curry paste, garlic, kumara, coconut milk and beef stock. cook it all up and put peas in at the last minute. you can put fresh coriander on top as well. the other thing i do is trawl the net for interesting recipes. cuisine always has good ones. you can also swop the meat around in any recipe. altho generally i swap red meats for red meats and fish for chook depending obviously on the fish.

Good girl getting stuck into that green tea. I've had my two so far this morning and will probably have another after tea tonight. My husband often works late so I've gotten into the habbit of making myself a big pot of green tea after the kids go to bed, then I can sip on that for an hour or so (until it goes cold) while I watch shortland st. I'll be adding a tsp of manuka honey to mine tonight to help along that sore throat - doesn't seem to worse than just a sore throat and a slightly runny nose, so I did get off lightly too.

well helloooooo - I'm back ! We haven't heard from Zoebird for a while, hope all is good with her and the Whanau. I was wanting to ask what thanks giving is all about ?
    I am presuming its to do with the pilgrims, and the harvest etc.... but I don't really know. Youngest DD (who is in the states) is going to Florida for thanks giving. Nice for some !!!!
    Its not primal girls but sometimes an aspirin crushed in honey (and you suck it off the spoon) goes a long way to soothing a sore throat. And if you would prefer to stick to the primal side, go and chew on willow branch !!!! I think the active ingredient in willow is salicin, which helps reduce inflamation, fever etc....

good luck with that !
    G

...small steps....

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I'll pass on the willow branch! I remember having aspirin and honey as a kid. I've not taken an aspirin in years, it is good for inflammation because it works locally as we'll as systemically maybe I'll go dig around in the bathroom cabinet and see what I can turn up.

I know nothing about thanksgiving as well, except for lots of eating and don't they have a big football game on the day too?

LL How are you my girl ??
    Enjoy digging around in the bathroom cupboard. It can be quite surprising what you find in there LOL
    Anyway I do hope that wee sniffle moves onto the next victim sooner rather than later !!!

...small steps....