Page 90 of 534 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 90

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    so today i have covered said arms after lathering with home made moisturiser
    Two words Gwamma, coconut oil!
    It's hands down the best thing I've ever used for sun burn / after sun moisturiser :-)
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Misabi, you beautiful wee man - yes my homemade is full of coconut oil, and tonight before I go to bed I will lather again with pure coconut oil.
    And yes my dear lad - we old Gwammas can pack a mean punch if we have to !!!! LOL

I have never fought anyone in my life, however if I had to - I think that I would make a bloody good adversary - so - don't go messing with GWAMMA !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't count on it seaweed, my boy's 6yo and is convinced he's still two months old. Especially when he tries to curl his 45kg's up on my lap like he did when he was a pup :-)
    now i am going to pretend i didnt read these words of encouragement. but i would like to point out, it's not the affectionate sitting on my knee that i mind. it's the manic bouncing at the slightest new thing which is a problem. or the rush of adrenaline when he is on the tail of something so he doesnt listen. he is getting a lot better in the sense i can now have a convo with someone who stops to say hey on the road without him sliding down their car scratching it and trying to get in the window. i do have to make sure he is not within reach but he then doesnt strain to get in reach. and now, once he's got his initial rush around out the way, he does seem to be alot more settled when we are out. even since he was a tiny pup tho he has always started creeping when he smells or sees something he wants to get. the losing it and chasing it he is doing later and later in the piece since he is actually a pointer. but he isnt stupid so he wont point at oyster catchers, even tho he very much likes birds, only deer.

I have never fought anyone in my life, however if I had to - I think that I would make a bloody good adversary - so - don't go messing with GWAMMA !!!!!!
    gwamma it is usually how crazy you are and how difficult you are to stop which nails it. as i said before, i do enjoy a good tousle but not with a psycho. a nice arm wrestle would be just fine lol

i am seeing blue sky here. i have had breakfast ( camembert omlette and coffee ), still not into the whole IF half the day as it just makes me eat too much later on. i can do everything i need to do but it is easier if i have eaten. i think too it is a function of the freezingness outside too as it still feels like winter. much easier to eat less in the summer warmth i reckon. so taking the dog out when the kids have gone to school then coming home and treadmilling. i need to work out if it has any hill programs on it, if not, i need to work one out as i really cannot stand running on the flat as it gets too boring.

morning all !
    Didn't sleep so well last night. In fact ended up reading threads on MDA.... however stress isn't such a nice thing, and coupled with alcohol....tut....tut....tut
    anyways off to start todays list. Have a great one !!!!

...small steps....

having a serious treadmill dither here lol i have already done a leisurely stroll around the 6k block with the dog in the sun. was actually on the treadmill and my mp3 player was annoying me so i went to plug it back in the puter to sort it. as i did it, my boss rung me on skype as i had forgotten to put my status away! so thankfully i was there as i hate that sort of unprofessional look when i work from home. so i am back here working then i will sort my mp3 player out, make sure i sign out of skype and go for a run!

however stress isn't such a nice thing, and coupled with alcohol....tut....tut....tut
    i tend to do stress with food which is not good at all. the fatter i get too the more stressed i get which is even uglier. we never got the alcoholic gene in our family. since we have a tendency to far worse nefarious activities, i dont really know if it was a blessing. i think alchohol is more easy to get away with tho so maybe i did get lucky lol

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    we never got the alcoholic gene in our family. since we have a tendency to far worse nefarious activities, i dont really know if it was a blessing. i think alchohol is more easy to get away with tho so maybe i did get lucky lol
    I never know what to make of the alcoholic in the family thing - is it nature over nurture or vice versa? I'm adopted (kinda a whangai arrangement) and apparently my birth father who I've so far not met is an alcoholic from a family of alcoholics. I guess its made me aware of my own intake, but does this make me more suseptable to alcoholism?

Another freezing day here in New Plymouth. Not looking forward to cricket practice this afternoon in the howling southerly!

Having a bad back day/week ATM. Had a wee cry in bed last night cause I was feeling sorry for myself, but I'm OK this morning, still quite sore after spending the best part of the morning updating a database on the puter but I'm not depressed at least.

I never know what to make of the alcoholic in the family thing - is it nature over nurture or vice versa? I'm adopted (kinda a whangai arrangement) and apparently my birth father who I've so far not met is an alcoholic from a family of alcoholics. I guess its made me aware of my own intake, but does this make me more suseptable to alcoholism?
    i think maybe we inherit the tendency to getting out of it, for want of a better description. and within that maybe there are subgroups or different pathways so alcohol maybe is one?

LL huge hugs coming your way. I'm pleased for you that it was just a little cry and not depression ! Nothing worse than being down for ages, however half the battle is recognising it I suppose. Perhaps a wee bit of hanky spanky tonight ?? - to take your mind off things ??????????
    No alcoholics in my family, but we all enjoy a wine or two !!!! I can certainly go without, but I enjoy a glass of wine of a night !!!!! If I start telling you I am drinking sambooka on a regular occassion - please ring AA !! LOL

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Perhaps a wee bit of hanky spanky tonight ?? - to take your mind off things ??????????
    Good lord, now there's a thought! I was thinking stretches until you mentioned this........

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Good lord, now there's a thought! I was thinking stretches until you mentioned this........
    Nothin quite like a wee bit of "hide the sausage" to get one to sleep well at night !!!!!!
    Its a very primal friendly exersize to partake in !!!! LOL

...small steps....