Page 88 of 524 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 88

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    no i havent seen that movie. i've always had arms like madonna but they just have gotten more so around the triceps since i have been personal training. my personal trainer trains alot of body builders and is into arms so we do loads. now when i go to grab my tricep, i cant grab it as it is too tight. kinda like that wierd feeling when you play with your hair after you've had it cut and it's not there when you are expecting it to be. i thought the exhubby was telling me porkies about the weather lol

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    seaweed thats ok. It is similar to that name in the movies, but not quite the same !!!!If you say the mothers name out loud - you might understand what I call my arms LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

LOL the mind boggles. man it is a shockingly nasty day here today. it has gone downhill since this morning so i am very pleased i took the dog out first thing. the horrid education dept is cutting our rural school bus next year so i will be losing an hour and a half a day transporting the kids to school which is very annoying. my dog walking time effectively so i will have to shuffle a few activities. it amazes me how they bang on about the state of the nation and then they pull our rural communities to pieces bit by bit. talking about the state of the nation, funny much what John Key supposedly said about David Beckham.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    funny much what John Key supposedly said about David Beckham.
    What did he say ?

Can you car pool with other bus families ?

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    mine are long and thin. DH found two white/silver hairs on my head today. He got very upset about them. I'm like "sweet, my grey will look awesome." LOL Seriously, to me they just look lighter blond.

Anyway, I'm wagering that I'm running a deficiency somewhere, so I'm going to go and figure it out. Likely vit D.

it gets better lol
    Key criticised over 'gay red top' remark

not gonna car pool as we are only 3 ks from the school but it is a relatively gnarly dirt road. it is more the kids get picked up and dropped off first which gives me from 8am till 3:15 pm.

still feeling like i've been hit by a few ton of bricks here. i am sure what happens is i drink more coffee and then i feel worse so i drink more coffee and feel even worser. and i am sure i have noticed this before.

i dye my grey hairs out. they are only on the sides of my head above my ears right now. i'd love to know what causes them other than old age. i need to fix the sun damage on my cheekbones too so i was gonna experiment/look into that.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think grey hair is partly hereditary. My dad and his dad hardly had any greys. I'm well... close to retirement, and I have very few and all at the sides, so you can only see it if I pull my hair up. I really can't attribute it to taking good care of myself because for much of my life I was either too ignorant or just too much of a partier to do so.

I really can't attribute it to taking good care of myself because for much of my life I was either too ignorant or just too much of a partier to do so.
    same with me and the wrinkles. however i am sure there are also nutritional factors and things you can do about it. you do not have to put up with the flip side of hereditary.

yep I have a few grey hairs popping through, but nothing that a 6 weekly $180 trip to the hairdresser doesn't fix !!! as for the wrinkles - well I don't actually mind. In fact if I get to the end of each day, having achieved, or loved, or enjoyed, or laughed, or put up, or shut up, or learnt something, or imparted something, etc etc etc you get the picture.......then those wrinkles are EARNED !!!!!!! LOL

...small steps....

yep I have a few grey hairs popping through, but nothing that a 6 weekly $180 trip to the hairdresser doesn't fix !!!
    i can only go every 10 weeks so i patch in between. i still dont care about all the logic behind earned wrinkles. i have earnt my scars and my muscles but i do baulk at my wrinkles. but yes by that measure i have definitely earnt them big time. lmao i had someone once fall over when i told them how old i was as i was saying something about the grandkids. they told me i must have lived a stress free life.

operation treadmill starts tomorrow first thing. hopefully i am not too rinsed as i was this morning. my plan is to run 20 mins/day for a week or so to see how i get on. i am going to look at my 6k wander around the block as some kind of dymanic stretching as i do still need to take the dog out. then i will train once a week with big weights. do a once weekly bail somewhere exciting for the day and do a bit of clubbelling and throw the odd dumbbell around. try to do something different once a week too like take the kids swimming. then all i need to do is nail the nutrition and i will be sweet.