Page 85 of 524 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 5231

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 85

  1. #841
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,236
    Shop Now
    welcome back Seaweed. I am pleased that you survived the weekend ok

    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i dont even bother locking my house unless the exhubby is in town. no point as you can just break a window or bash the door and no one would hear you.
    I never have in the past, but heaps of things pinched around us, and the insurance doesn't cover it, if the house is unlocked. Our security system is so over the top for NZ, however I wonder if the people who built this house had some security issues back in the States !!!

    there is even a huge inbuilt floor safe, but I have never used it. I am hoping no-one ever shuts it, cos I wouldn't know how to unlock it !!! LOL

    I have made huge inroads this morning with the wedding preps. So am feeling good about that. However I now need to eat something !
    I had a terribly bloated gut last night, and I think it was the cheese. Had a small piece after none for ages, so maybe...just maybe I am diary intolerant.
    Middle DD, who has a degree in agriculture, reckons we cannot handle it as we get older....however I LOVE cheese. Especially blue, gouda, etc...
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

  2. #842
    seaweed's Avatar
    seaweed is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,016
    Middle DD, who has a degree in agriculture, reckons we cannot handle it as we get older....however I LOVE cheese. Especially blue, gouda, etc...
    i know dad only worked out he was celiac when he was over 60. since i reckon celiac is just the end of the road of gluten intolerance, i think maybe it is just that it is a progressive thing so a little intolerance builds to a bigger one and so on. frog in a boiling pot. i love dairy so i am with you on the denial. cheese is fermented tho so maybe it isnt. what sort of cheese was it? it could be a mould or a yeast thing? when you say none for ages, no cheese for ages or absolutely nothing with dairy in for ages?

    I never have in the past, but heaps of things pinched around us, and the insurance doesn't cover it, if the house is unlocked.
    i hadnt even thought about house insurance. i'd worry more about them letting the dog out by accident, than thieving anything lol he's worth more than anything in my house from a $value pov. other than maybe 2 of my rugs but it would be marginal.

    i am going to go for a ride on my motorcycle soon and then i am going to set up the treadmill so as i can go for a run tomorrow. i'm too rinsed today still from lack of sleep while i was away.

  3. #843
    zoebird's Avatar
    zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    7,935
    She still wronged *me* though. To me, just going after a married man is bad juju. Doesn't matter whether or not he did anything. It matters that she actively went after him *knowing* that he was married. She was actively seeking to harm our relationship, and therefore me (as well as my husband really -- destroying something good that he had) -- and that is not appropriate or right.

    I lock the doors here. Lots of burglaries around us. I don't need to, though, really. Other than our computers, there's nothing worth stealing. And our computers are usually with us anyway.

  4. #844
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    what sort of cheese was it? it could be a mould or a yeast thing? when you say none for ages, no cheese for ages or absolutely nothing with dairy in for ages?
    I have been having .5 cup of cream each day, but no cheese what so ever. It was just cheap old tasty from countdown.....I don't know ???
    Maybe a small amount of any food can react after eating clean for so long ????
    Good luck with the treadmill. I used to love mine, but just haven't gotten back into it for a while....however after this wedding is done, dusted and paid for.... I'll be in !!!!
    Do you play guitar ?? We so need to get practicing for our caveman conference. Nothing quite like a guitar around the campfire !!

    Oh and the burglar thing, we all have things that mean heaps to us. They might not be worth anything money wise, but if they were stolen - we would be devastated. And i mean the photos of your dying pet rat that are on the camera, not yet downloaded onto the computer, or the puter that has a lifetime of photos, or the tatty looking blanket that great Aunt Eucalypta knitted before she was run over by the number 8 bus........ you get the picture. A big concern of mine is the feeling of someone in amoungst my things. Sniffing around, opening, closing stuff. I don't like that thought !

    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    She still wronged *me* though. To me, just going after a married man is bad juju. Doesn't matter whether or not he did anything. It matters that she actively went after him *knowing* that he was married. She was actively seeking to harm our relationship, and therefore me (as well as my husband really -- destroying something good that he had) -- and that is not appropriate or right.
    I can sort of understand where you are coming from Zoe, but I perhaps wouldn't have looked at it from that perspective. Great that your DH didn't even notice. That is classic !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

  5. #845
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Laissez le bon temps rouler!
    Posts
    6,568
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    She still wronged *me* though. To me, just going after a married man is bad juju.
    Agreed! Used to have a friend that had a little mantra, "No friends' lovers, no lovers' friends, no married men."

    I grew up during a fairly sexually permissive era. Free love and all. I don't think I could forgive an affair because that means feelings/heart are involved, but a one night indiscretion is a different organ all together.


    Gwamma, between the security in your house and the fact that those Americans were denied residency, maybe they were bad guys. Just think, maybe you bought what was originally going to be a mob safe-house!

  6. #846
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Gwamma, between the security in your house and the fact that those Americans were denied residency, maybe they were bad guys. Just think, maybe you bought what was originally going to be a mob safe-house!
    Joanie, that is really interesting that you have mentioned that - because we have found out some interesting things about these people !!!!!! And honesty was not top of their priority list !!!!


    Now I need some advice from our darling American friends - Joanie, Jersey Jim and Zoebird. I have booked primal con 2013 and have just recieved an email saying I can change from Oxnard April 2013 to Lake Tahoe Sept 2013 - if I would like to. Any thoughts ??? from anybody for that matter. I have only been to America once, and that was San Fran, for 3 days. Amazing place, and was so like the lethal weapon movies, especially those steep streets. However I would love to see more of 'off the beaten track america' - but don't know if I should change or not . DH probably won't come with me either or, but we will make a seperate trip to pick up DD in august....what to do ??????? and I am gonna have to get saving some munjabs !!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

  7. #847
    Grok's Avatar
    Grok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    LakeRidge Golf Course
    Posts
    3,682
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Joanie, that is really interesting that you have mentioned that - because we have found out some interesting things about these people !!!!!! And honesty was not top of their priority list !!!!


    Now I need some advice from our darling American friends - Joanie, Jersey Jim and Zoebird. I have booked primal con 2013 and have just recieved an email saying I can change from Oxnard April 2013 to Lake Tahoe Sept 2013 - if I would like to. Any thoughts ??? from anybody for that matter. I have only been to America once, and that was San Fran, for 3 days. Amazing place, and was so like the lethal weapon movies, especially those steep streets. However I would love to see more of 'off the beaten track america' - but don't know if I should change or not . DH probably won't come with me either or, but we will make a seperate trip to pick up DD in august....what to do ??????? and I am gonna have to get saving some munjabs !!
    Hi Gwamma, I live in Lake Tahoe.

  8. #848
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Laissez le bon temps rouler!
    Posts
    6,568
    I can't help you - don't know much about Oxnard or Lake Tahoe. Oxnard is on the ocean and Tahoe is a lake, although it's one big honkin' lake. Oxnard will probably be beautiful weather in April. Might be a bit chilly in Tahoe in September. Gambling is legal on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe.*

    You know who would probably know a lot? Paleobird. She's in CA.

    *It's also easy to get married on the Nevada side, which I did in my twenties, 13 days after meeting him. Oh my slightly lurid past.

  9. #849
    NZ primal Gwamma's Avatar
    NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    Hi Gwamma, I live in Lake Tahoe.
    heres my baby boy, how you doing ? brilliant, i could come and visit you ????

    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    *It's also easy to get married on the Nevada side, which I did in my twenties, 13 days after meeting him. Oh my slightly lurid past.
    Not planning on marrying anytime soon LOL, actually existing DH would not be a happy camper !!!!
    He must have been quite a catch !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

  10. #850
    Grok's Avatar
    Grok is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    LakeRidge Golf Course
    Posts
    3,682
    Of course. Maybe I can get my friend who is a native to the land here to give you a tour.

    In the native Washo Indian language, Lake Tahoe is pronounced Da'oh Aga and the land surrounding the lake is called Da'oh Aga'wa.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •