Page 81 of 534 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 81

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Not good Seaweed. I hate all those chemicals, but then that maggo that I put on the wee lamb was full of chemicals, so I am a wee bit of a hypocrite really.
    That german guy was just nasty. One sick F--- !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    That german guy was just nasty. One sick F--- !!!!!!
    actually i wasnt really that horrified. fair enuf he did have to have quite a few screws loose but they all knew what was going on. he did in fact try to plead manslaughter coz the victim was willing. i did find it a wee bit entertaining how he had rejected quite a few of the prospective victims as they were too fat and out of shape. there are plenty of far nastier sicker things which happen where the victims have no choice.

has the wee lamb hung in there?

no sadly I found the wee lamb dead in the drain. I was gutted ! but I suppose - the circle of life !
    have a great sleep Kiwis, tomorrows gonna be another busy one
    G x

...small steps....

oh yeah - and no dreaming of bobbitts, or german sick F---s, or maggotts etc...
    x

...small steps....

By the way Lizzie Lou - how is your wee poppett today ? Sorry I should have asked, but I got caught up in the whole bobbitt, german guy thing, and totally forgot that little miss muffet had kept Mum awake half the night !!!!
    Kids ay ????

...small steps....

dont dream about stuff like that lol i have enuf of my own ghosts to have nightmares about. usually if i have bad dreams, i have either eaten way too late at night or there is something in my life i need to deal to and i am not. so my subconscious starts to drop hints.
    poor lamb but yes, if you have livestock, you will have dead stock.
    big day today. my burly man is coming around to manhandle the treadmill for me, my youngest is coming home from camp. she has been away on her own for the first time since tuesday. then her dad is coming to get her as it is his weekend at about 5:30 so i will be a mess. we are supposed to be going hunting tonight but i would rather keep her for the night and go tomorrow. their dad would never wear it unless i kept him too which isnt gonna happen. even worse where we are going is way out of cell signal. so today, i am gonna have to do something useful to keep my mind off everything. i have borrowed a huge ass deer stalking gun as well which is gonna be epic. maybe i will clean it lol

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    By the way Lizzie Lou - how is your wee poppett today ? Sorry I should have asked, but I got caught up in the whole bobbitt, german guy thing, and totally forgot that little miss muffet had kept Mum awake half the night !!!!
    Kids ay ????
    Thanks for asking, truly she's absolutely fine though. She started rubbing her ear again before bed last night and I thought 'oh oh hear we go again' so I gave her a dose of Ibuprofen (cause I've had earache before and its horrible), but she slept really well (other than a poo accident at 3am that Daddy dealt with bless him). Not sure, often these things pass by themselves with kids, as you know.

I had a bit of a kick start with my back pain yesturday following said night in bed with little miss R. Off to see the Osteopath this morning, who was really more concerned about my poor toe than anything else. If I get another good night's sleep I should be right as rain by tomorrow I'm planning.

Oh its so sad hearing about those fur babies that are no longer with us. Our wee boy (not that he was wee, he was a massive furry fatso) died from pnuemonia 6 weeks before my little girl was born. My husband was in Australia at the time and it was god awful. Not helped by the fact that I was badly bitten by the cat during the throws of death and needed strong antibiotics for the infection which at 34 weeks pregnant was particularly unpleasant. It was a good two years later before we could bring ourselves to even consider getting another cat so heartbroken as we were.

I do have a confession of the dietary type to make though. I'm hoping fessing up on here will shame me into better habbits over the weekend. It all started at my luncheon on Wednesday, where I didn't really have much choice but to eat the sammies and cake I'd produced for the meeting, then it all went downhill yesturday again when I discovered the leftovers in our fridge and promptly ate them. Last night it got worse still..........at my cooking class we made a mince dish with potato that I ate wrapped in the most delicious Roti. It tasted really good! Oh and then about 30mins ago, there was another piece of cake left in the fridge...........you get the picture. Bad, bad, bad! I MUST STOP THIS STUPID BEHAVIOUR.

Righto, as you were.

I MUST STOP THIS STUPID BEHAVIOUR.
    LOL it happens to all of us. just dust yourself off and get back on the horse. guilt causes stress and stress is worse for you than stuffing up nutritionally once in a blue moon. i had to bake a cake to take hunting being the girl lol so i deliberately used wheat flour simply so it doesnt go downhill. if i had of made it GF, i would have been confessing on monday. i am also going to take some speights instead of some bourbon for the same reason.

i got a real nasty bite on my finger from my ocicat who bit down on me when i picked him up and he had an epileptic fit as he had epilepsy. what i did was let it bleed for a while so the wound was clean. i then took 6 tsp of sodium ascorbate. 30g and 10g is pretty close to bowel tolerance on a healthy adult. i went to bed, didnt hit bowel tolerance and neither did my then nursing baby. i kept it at about a tsp of SA 3x a day for a while, bandaged it during the day and left it uncovered at night and it healed fine.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Oh those cat bites can be so nasty. Mine was deep into the flesh of my inner forearm, and had four good puncture marks. As soon as it happened the vet looked at me and said 'you're going to need antibiotics for that'. Sure enough by the following morning I had a raging cellulitis, big red hot welts around each puncture wound.

yes i was very lucky. and i wasnt pregnant at the time either. i hate doctors and going anywhere near hospitals so i will always treat myself and the kids first. i know us all well enough to tell if it is working.eg my middle daughter got some nasty bite on her leg when she was 2. it had two puncture marks and a red ring and looked like tissue cellulitis so was poss a spider bite. it was a friday and i have vivid memories of them giving me IV anti biotics when that happened to me. she didnt have a temperature and was her usual normal self. not off her food or even vaguely tetchy so i drew a line around it and gave her SA by the tsp frequently. if the redness went past the line, she got hot or upset, i was gonna take her to A&E. it never went past the line, she never got sick and it went away relatively quickly. it took a slight slim 2 yr old a whole week to reach bowel tolerance on that dose of SA so the SA was doing something but we neatly avoided hospitalisation and them sticking IVs in her for sure.