Page 72 of 524 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 72

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yes black, black and more black here. then onto shades of faded black denim, grey, maybe a bit of blue, faded blue denim and who could forget dpm lol funny story about colour. i never wear green unless it is a hunting jacket. i found a really nice urban angel ploar fleece zip up hoodie on the beach one day which was a sorta dark bluey green colour. verdigris? it fit my youngest so it came home. beach combing is a legitimate activity down here lol she looked stunning in it as she has olivey skin, long curly brown hair with sorta sun bleached ends and lovely green eyes. i never would have thought to even try something that colour on her so it was an eye opener for me.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I love dark denim and my denim jacket. I haven't been without a denim jacket in my wardrobe in over 15 years. Seriously. If i don't have a denim jacket and a pair of dark jeans, i'm lost.

lol i have a couple of denim jackets and several pairs of dark jeans. funny how some things just make us feel safe.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Nope I don't like to do 'safe' with my wardrobe, comfortable definitely but safe is boring. I am a blonde with green eyes and fairly pale skin (my mum is Maori so go figure) so I can do lots of bright colours. I really like blues, and burgundy, and pink and purple, but I'd try almost any other colour. My newest skirt that I bought from hazel tree ( recycled vintage sari's) is orange and gold and pink and brown. I do own a couple of dark denim blue skinny jeans but my winter jacket is sky blue and my exercise/ running gear bright pink. I like my body and its not in bad shape so I don't want to hide behind my clothes.

Kids are in the midst of a crafting buzz, so we stopped into the $2 for glitter, paint and paper supplies this morning - more clutter to add to the growing mess in our house. But happy entertained kids make for a happy mummy too.

I did get some bargains at the market, the eggs have gone up in price to $8 per dozen though, but I got a yummy whole chicken for $10 which was a good purchase.

It's really not about what it safe, it's about what works for me at both a functional and fashion-sense level (it's my fashion sense).

Likewise, I can't hide my body for my work. People need to see it in motion (sometimes).

I just found that by keeping my basics in one color-way (black) it goes well with everything else in all of the other color-ways. Everything goes with black and grey, so everything is mix/match.

And that allows me to keep it as a capsule.

lol i didnt mean safe as in conservative. just more there are certain things. if i have them, i feel emotionally safe at some bizarre level. black vehicles, black cats for example. which is totally irrational. i did used to dress more adventurously when i had an office to go to. but now. it all just gets muddy so i fail to see the point. i find textiles and clothing absolutely fascinating. and i do like decent clothes. and i love love love all the old historic costumes. i totally have a thing for historic corsets which is funny as they are the absolute antipathy of being able to move. i have also found as i have got older, i have dressed more muted. less emphasis on wild out there clothes and more just going with the lines of the body and subtle colours. it may also be some deep seated genetic thing as all the mediteranean women tend to dress more in black as they get older.

Kids are in the midst of a crafting buzz, so we stopped into the $2 for glitter, paint and paper supplies this morning - more clutter to add to the growing mess in our house. But happy entertained kids make for a happy mummy too.
    one of the miriad of reasons i love raranga is the materials grow in the pa harakeke and you only cut as much as you need. my kids love all that crafty stuff and i think it is so good for them, i try not to stress about the clutter. i'd much rather they were doing that than sitting in a corner in front of a dvd nice and neatly contained.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I think that black for me is about slimming. It does look good and it does hide a multitude of lumpy lard LOL
    great that the kids are doing the creative thing LL. I am a true believer in all things creative. It is an outlet but also a way of solving lots of problems. And by that I mean....the children have to work out how to weave the flax, or make that piece of paper into a card, etc.... love to see creations from nothing, or what is lying around. I must one day get creating a wearable art thing from rubbish or whatever. I LOVE BEING CREATIVE !!!!!! I am still working on those wee caveman cards, so any ideas - let me know !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    I'm a huge fan of crafting, it's a messy business though! I use our spare room as my craft storage space, where I keep my sewing cabinet and three large plastic bins of 'doings' in the wardrobe. Thankfully the kids are finally of an age where they will let me craft during the day without getting too involved. They can entertain themselves much better nowadays, but of course that involves their own crafting projects now too.

gwamma can you explain what your caveman cards look like? i'd so like to be able to sew properly but i dont even have a machine.

We outsource crafting here. Our friends are artists, and so many will do art with him. He also does it at school. At home, he mostly wants to run around and play blocks, so crafting isn't that popular for him. If that changes as he gets older, we'll figure it out.