Page 71 of 535 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 71

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've put NZ on my list of places to visit before I die. I have to be careful about visiting places, though. 18 months ago, I started out for Pittsburgh, PA, decided to spend 10-14 days in New Orleans, and I'm still here.

You all are the best ambassadors ever.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I've put NZ on my list of places to visit before I die. I have to be careful about visiting places, though. 18 months ago, I started out for Pittsburgh, PA, decided to spend 10-14 days in New Orleans, and I'm still here.

Joanie, thats very sweet, and yes come on over. Always a bed and feed at mine, and I am sure the others would welcome you too.

Zoebird - I get what you are saying about the drapey sack clothing - but I wear it because it covers my h-u-u-u-u-g-e- posterior !!! LOL I also love the layered look.
    As an aside am off to a VIP evening with Rachel Hunter on wednesday. What drapey sacky thing should I wear to that ?????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    umm i never wear drapey sacky things lol i actual reckon they make your butt look bigger myself. i dont do layered either as i have ridden motorcycles for too long and lived somewhere hot for 1/4 of my life and all those layers just get in the way if you try to move and i live in a high wind zone. i did go thru a phase of thinking i should get all that ethically made, organic clothing but it is just too expensive so i get my expensive clothes second hand. i also have memories of it being all a bit drippy hippy style-wise but it may have improved. for the $s you could prob get some organic fabric and get something made and then you would get exactly what you want. i do have a pair of soul shoes leather jandals. i love them but i wore the first pair out. as in the side strap broke off, in less than a year so they are not really an economical choice for me. their boots arent comfortable IMO. altho i guess it depends what you want to do when you are wearing them. they definitely arent any good for any of the things i do. i usually get new balance gym shoes as well as they used to be the less sweat shoppy out of all the sports shoe manufacturers. but truly, everything we buy unless it is a vegetable at the local farmer's market has "issues" and even then, i have witnessed some of their chemical regimes. ooohh while i remember, swazi, who make hunting and outdoor clothing are made in New Zealand. altho a mate of mine stopped buying their clothing coz the guy who owns the company goes over seas trophy hunting things like bears. their gear is alot more money than the other hunting brands like stoney creek, of similar quality and next to impossible to get second hand for anything other than near new price.

yay Rachel Hunter comes from the shore! the kids dad ( who only cut of his mullet last year ) grew up there and my middle child is 3rd gen shore on his side lol which i tease her about as she still hasnt clicked. gwamma get the black skinny jeans on for that one and maybe a nice black lacey sackey number lol you will need to report back how it goes gwamma and maybe post some pics.

i went out yesterday morning with all the kids on a cup of coffee and ended up getting home well after 10pm. i had another coffee or two and a steak and some salad all day. so i was very pleased with that. we went to get my car fixed and plot going hunting next weekend. which is incredibly exciting. i love a hardcore bush bash so much. the hut we are staying in has an outdoor bath with a fire underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    yay Rachel Hunter comes from the shore! gwamma get the black skinny jeans on for that one and maybe a nice black lacey sackey number lol you will need to report back how it goes gwamma and maybe post some pics.

i love a hardcore bush bash so much. the hut we are staying in has an outdoor bath with a fire underneath.
    Hi Seaweed. I am so useless at posting stuff on here, but I will try and post pics.
    The hut sounds like heaven. As a child we sailed up to the Bay of Islands each holidays, often stopping at great Barrier, or Waiheke etc... I remember one Bay we used to moar in, had a bath with a fire underneath. OMG they were the best times !!!!! I could write a book on our forays up the country, firstly with the trailer sailer (Farr 6000), pulled by the Hillman Hunter !!!!! then with the fixed Keel, sailing from Tauranga up.
    What a country we live in !!!!
    I am sure that DD and DDBF would find you some good shooting round here if you are up this way. They were meant to go shooting on Molesworth a few weekends ago, but that was cancelled. Bugger
    Enjoy the plotting !

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i actually like going hunting as i need an excuse to go bush bash. if you go tramping you tend to stick to tracks whereas when you hunt you dont so you get to see so many more things like cool plants. i'm not overly fussed on whether i shoot anything as i still have a fair bit of venison left. that said tho, i am like my dog, i am a lover not a fighter till i am on the trail of something and then it is all on. my oldest went on the spirit of new zealand when she was a teen and they went to the bay of islands. i think they went round cape reinga from new plymouth to get there and she reckoned it was unreal. and ssshhhhh dont tell anyone where we live or they will all come here lol my middle one was only complaining to me yesterday when we were attempting to walk around the block with the horse in the sun about all the people who come to our beach at the weekends when it gets sunny.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Omg gwamma, we had a Hillman hunter too! It was green and was fondly referred to as the green Mercedes!

Zoe- couldn't agree with you more about the nz fashion choices. I can't stand 'office' wear that is black black and more black.......like seriously why is colour banned from the workplace? I really should cull my wardrobe again, there are some pieces I can't part with but in reality won't miss once they are gone.

My husband and I had an argument of the de cluttering type yesterday. He filled the trailer up with stuff he wanted to dump, but on second looks it was actually lots of my garden gear that I was storing in the garage. The thing about garden stuff is that it is seasonal so yes, 6-10 months of the year it is just hanging around. That doesn't mean that I don't want it. Just because he doesn't use the deck chairs doesn't mean that they don't get used by other people! Grrrrr.......so apparently now he is the only one interested in keeping the house tidy (this is an ongoing accusation that crops up from time to time because he knows it annoys the piss out of me).

Well it looks like its finally stopped raining so I must get dressed and get to the farmers market. Little miss is all ready to go, shorts, leggings, scarf, baby tucked under her arm, handbag packed.......best take her hint!

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post

I came to NZ for a 6 week holiday 10 years ago.... Still here :-D
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, drapey stuff makes you look bigger and does get in the way.

I also wear layers; it's just that the layers are fitted -- also so that I have freedom to move.

I didn't answer the question about my skirts. I own two only. Not winter/summer or whatever. Just two that I wear all year round. They are both grey, knee length (a bit above), and one is pencil and the other a-line. Pretty much all of my clothing is jersey knit, which I can dress up or down.

I wear black base layer (yoga clothes), then grey skirt and colored shirt/sweater or dress (dresses are purple, pink, beige, and green), scarf (black/beige, purples, blues, and multi with pink, purple, blue, orange, gold). Then my outer laters are black (i prefer black shoes, coats, bags because they go with everything).

LL - all I can say is BDH - they can drive you to drink - if you let them !!!!
    enjoy the shopping with little miss

Misabi - I am pleased that you decided to stay. It is great embracing you as one of our own. You too Zoe

I love Black !!!!!! I wear black, black black black black, and sometimes a tiny wee bit of white !!!!!!
    oh and I bought an orange scarf t'other day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We came here for 8 weeks in 2007, and just had to move back several years later (3). So, yeah.