Page 69 of 535 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 69

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I had an unassisted homebirth (planned) too! I feel completely normal, but yeah, it flips people out. LOL

LizzieLou, I have a lead on a client who may want your nappies. She's reading my elimination communication (EC) book this weekend, and I told her that we used cloth back-up and it was easy-as. So, you'd have to send them to welly, but they'd go to a good home.

Today was an exhausting day. Just a lot of work. good work, but exhausted.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    We shall see Misabi. hope you are well and looking forward to another weekend of weird weather !!!!!!!
    I am so looking forward to your roady...... hope it is soon. The kids have flown the coup, so heaps of beds for a combi van full !!!!
    bring it on ! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Zoebird, day 2 of IF. Didn't really feel hungry until about 4pm, so went with that. Hopefully I won't feel too hungry overnight.
    I shall report in tomorrow.......
    G

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Oh gwamma so much sadness for you! That is so awful, but happy in the end that your wee miracle made it through. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear the IF is going well, I only IF about once a week and its mostly a skip breakfast and wait until lunch thing. I have never been able to IF in the past, isn't it great being off the sugar and being able to skip meals without getting all light headed and feeling starved?

Came home to a happy family this evening, all outside enjoying the sunshine. We whipped up a BBQ for tea and my wee boy stayed up late with his old mum on the sofa and drank milo and chatted until 8.30. Makes a change from the usual hectic bedtime routine.

LL, those impromtu nights are the best. BBQ tea, happy families - sounds great.
    have a wonderful sleep
    G

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    The old DH is always a bit more hesitant.

Organize the closet to house our capsule wardrobes (this is easy, honestly -- though I could keep the dresser that we have to facilitate this
    At the entry, we'd put hooks for coats/bags/scarves, a small shelf for our key bowl, space for our bags, and then a space for our shoes (we are looking to minimize down to 4 pairs each).

But, I do what I can. For example, DH has already agreed that capsule wardrobes are great. So, we've done that. We also do kitchen minimalism -- just enough dishes for us, just enough cooking stuff (we use all of our cooking stuff every day). We have bathroom minimalism as well -- currently the only products in there are vinegar, coconut oil, castile soap and baking soda. We have two towels each, and hooks for our PJs.

Zoebird, your goals are very minimalist indeed. Please tell me about your capsule wardrobe and 4 pairs of shoes. I'm intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Oh gwamma so much sadness for you! That is so awful, but happy in the end that your wee miracle made it through. Thanks for sharing.
    Actually LL we have had a couple more miracles since then !!!! Our eldest daughter was diagnosed with cervical cancer at the age of 18. No history of papadopalis virus - or whatever its called. They say it takes 8/9 years for a cervical cancer to form, so not sure how this happened. After 10 procedures, she had no cervix left, only the os at the top of the cervix. Her gynae didn't ever think that she would have children.... but she has had two little boys. So I have my wee boys now, albeit not technically mine, but close enough !!!!! Very very lucky

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Actually LL we have had a couple more miracles since then !!!! Our eldest daughter was diagnosed with cervical cancer at the age of 18. No history of papadopalis virus - or whatever its called. They say it takes 8/9 years for a cervical cancer to form, so not sure how this happened. After 10 procedures, she had no cervix left, only the os at the top of the cervix. Her gynae didn't ever think that she would have children.... but she has had two little boys. So I have my wee boys now, albeit not technically mine, but close enough !!!!! Very very lucky
    What absolute blessings. And I echo what Lizzielou said.

thanx Guys. I actually have the luck of a squashed hedgehog most of the time !!!!!!!!! LOL

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My capsule wardrobe is based on what works for me:

5 sets yoga pants/tanks;
    2 skirts;
    2 sweaters;
    4 t-shirts;
    4 dresses;
    2 jeans.

Undergarments:

1 silks;
    2 lingerie sets;
    3 socks

PJs:

Old yoga pants and old t-shirt plus fleece

outerwear:

Denim jacket
    fleece and vest
    winter coat
    4 pashmina scarves

Shoes:

One heels,
    2 vibrams,
    1 gum boots.

For DS, I keep it to 5 jeans, 2 pjs, and 5 under shirts, 7 over shirts, and 3 sweaters plus his three jackets (warm, rain, and denim) and rain pants, plus his day-shoes and his gum boots. He also still likes to wear his "old shoes" so he has 3 pair technically.

DH's is similar to DS's but he has more shoes (DH is a shoe guy).

I also do toy minimalism for DS. He has 400 piece lego, 100 blocks, 5 musical instruments (which we all enjoy), 10 stuffed animals, 2 puzzles and 11 wooden vehicles. He has a couple of scarves/flags, and also plenty of sticks and egg cartons. LOL He has a lot of books though. He has archery gear, a balance bike, and a bike that we're going to refurbish (given to us) for him.

In the kitchen we have 3 plates and 3 bowls and two large dinner plates (which we use as serving platters), three sets of cutlery, and a mug/cup each. We had keep cups, too (for take-away tea/coffee -- taking it away frm our house that is), but mine got yucky by DH's bone broth and medicine stuff, so mine died and I'm ok without it. DH's is still used and so is DS's though.

We have a teapot, a pot, a pan, an muffin tin, a pie plate (glass, for quiches), a large mixing bowl, and a crock pot. We have a small set of knives (5 knives), a cutting board, metal tongs and a wooden spatula. We also have a lot of recycled jars for storage and we use several ice cream containers as our "tupperware" for our lunches.

We have our luggage, which is where I store the clothes that DS will grow into, as well as where I hide whatever toys i'm getting rid of that he's not playing with. I hold onto them for 3 months, and if he hasn't asked for them, I send them along. I also have my roller derby gear stored in one of the bags when I'm not washing or airing them.

In terms of linens, we have two sets for each bed and two towels each. It works really well for us, honestly.

And, I've managed to contain the clutter into one area, where I can then go through it and get rid of it. I managed to clean 4 medium sized baskets out completely (papers, old mailers and magazines), and then I have DH's basket. One basket I kept to hold business basics (the notebook with our legal documents and stuff) as well as our extra cables and what not for our technology. It also houses the external hard drive for us.

It's just great to let go and have so little. Honestly.