Page 66 of 535 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 66

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    OMG - have just popped out to check wee lamb, and I was caught in a hail storm, so I needed to put baby goat under shelter, and call the dog in ...... it was all go...so am now soaked to the skin, cold to the core, and in desperate need of a hot cuppa !!!!!
    Poor lamb Gwamma, and poor you. That weather sounds atrocious!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    Yum, I do icecream like that too, in the bowl attachment of my stick blender, and the kids love it made with coconut cream. I also do a pudding made with thawed berries that I lightly smoosh with a fork and poor over cream - nice little treat for mummy when the kids are in bed.
    Yes to all of the above
    I also blend an avocado and frozen banana/berries, sounds odd but it works :-)
    Can also add some cacao and the sweetener of your choice for a chocolate ice cream or mousse.
    I like to use a little maple syrup.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Your salami sounds fantastic Seaweed!
    all i did was made sausages. i googled some ancient italian family recipe. i think you did 30g salt per kg of meat. so i did venison, garlic, salt and i put fresh horopito leaves thru the mincer too. i ended up with 1.5kgs of meat and i added half a cup of red wine to it. left the whole lot to sit overnight. mixed it all up again. chucked it into sausage skins which is nowhere near as trivial as it sounds. i kept 4 sausages out and hung them to air dry. you need to keep them away from flies so i put them up on the drying rack to air. the skins get the white stuff on them like salami and they darken and shrivel up and dry out heaps.

NZ primal Gwamma is online now Senior Member
    HI Misabi, LizzieLou, Zoebird, Annie, Seaweed......... and everyone else that I have forgotten...... - how is everyone this morning ?????
    Little lamb is alive, on his feet, but I still had to tube feed him this morning. He actually looks a wee bit hairy, so am wondering if its a late Hairy Shaker Lamb ??? The symptoms can include bad scours. I am hoping that last nights antibiotics will deal with any gut issues. I gave it subcut, so that can take a wee while to filter into his little system. Anyway if its gonna start working, I should see an improvement today. Heres hoping !!!!!

yum Seaweed, that salami sounds fantastic. Make sure that you have plenty when we come on down in the combi van !!!!

I think DD and DDBF are beginning their big move today, I am terribly excited, but feel a wee bit sad too. It will a great start for them thou. Living with someone else can either make or break a relationship, so am hoping its the former. He really is a lovely boy !!!!!! If you can call a 30 year old - a boy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoebird, what do you drink in the mornings while fasting ?????
    I naturally tend to not eat breakfast, but make myself 4 out of 7 days. Old habits can be hard to break. But I think that I need to start listening to the old bod, so here goes ....... watch this space.

And I must apologise to you all, I have sort of started using this as my journal. In fact I haven't even looked at my little red hen for ages, so if you don't mind...... I'll just keep posting my mundane daily stuff here LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

But I think that I need to start listening to the old bod, so here goes ....... watch this space.
    my problem is i never know if my it is my mind or my body talking to me lol and as for nefarious habits we so wont go into those! someone once said to me about one of my toxic relationships. if you were your best friend, what would you advise yourself to do? and that is prob good advice on the nutrition side. i am so going to try a bit harder to follow it for a while as i need to get my act together before i get stuck at home mob handed and overrun for 6 weeks over the summer. i've organised the treadmill hire, just have to work out how to pay for it but it works out at $23/week which is cheaper than the petrol for one trip to town.

pleased the lamb is pulling through. and dont worry, i call 30 yr olds boys lol they just look so young to me.

how is kettlebelling going?

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Hi Seaweed

So you went ahead with the treadmill idea in the end......good stuff. Who did you end up hiring it from and what are the conditions?

Kettlebelling going OK for me. Had a few days off last week, first because I was busy for a couple of evenings and then I got the leftovers of missy's cold that laid me out for another couple days. Back into it last night, not sure if I'm noticing much improvement in my strength, but I'm certainly managing to figure out the exercises a bit better and getting more proficient at them. Early days so far.

Gosh another busy day at work (doesn't happen very often!). Must dash.

i am getting it from elite fitness and i get it for 3 months for the price of 2 months which is $140/month. works out overall at $23/week. i still need to go see them next week and talk turkey and also i want to go for a run on it before i hire it. but that is the theory at this stage.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I drink water or tea (usually black, no cream or sugar). It's typically 2 cups of tea before breakfast, and then probably 2-3 glasses of water to boot.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi Gwamma et al. Beautiful day today, though chilly at first. Feeling a bit sore from yesterday's gym class so only did slow walking today. I'm keen to exercise again tomorrow though, since I probably need to rebuild some muscle tone since my holiday. There's also plenty of work needed in the garden, theoretically I could do that instead - but I enjoy the gym better.

NZ primal Gwamma is online now Senior Member
    Morning all, Sorry Seaweed missed your earlier post - the kettlebelling isn't really going.....in fact everything is on hold for this wedding on the 10.11.12. I am really getting worried now because I need to ......... vacuum and scrub out the pool, empty and scrub out the spa pool, clean the BBQ house from top to bottom, wash all windows inside and out, clean out and then scrub the garage floor ( they are eating in the garage), weed all the gardens, water blast all the concrete areas, continue to mow the lawns every few days to keep it looking tidy, purchase top soil for the raised vege beds and sow the vege garden, get the outdoor gas fire going, set up the honeymoon suite, and clean the house from top to bottom........ so If I have all of the above to do.....why oh why do I spend so much time lurking around on these threads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    maybe cos its my down time ??????? LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....