Page 65 of 535 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 65

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Howdy all - another frost this morning !!!! this is unreal !!!!
    I have found another wee mismothered lamb this morning. Well not so much mismothered, cos the mum does love it, but no udder = no milk, and the wee thing has terrible scours, so I have taken them in and am trying to boost the wee fellas milk. I will have to give him antibiotics as well. Very smelly poos !!!!!

[QUOTE=seaweed;984348]i make icecream for the kids out of frozen berries and either cultured cream or real cream in the blender. my kids prefer it with real cream. QUOTE]

this sounds amazing Seaweed. I am so gonna have to try this today

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    OMG I LOVE IF!.
    Zoebird, I am thrilled that this is working for you. You might just have to repost your daily routine !!!!! PLEASE
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Yum, I do icecream like that too, in the bowl attachment of my stick blender, and the kids love it made with coconut cream. I also do a pudding made with thawed berries that I lightly smoosh with a fork and poor over cream - nice little treat for mummy when the kids are in bed.

Oh my goodness gracious me...... I have just been over to tube feed said little lamb, flipped him over and his wee bottom, testicles, legs and tail were absolutely swarming with maggots !!!!!!! eew eew eew. They had also eaten through the skin in several places. I feel so bad because I carried him in this morning, but never thought to check under his tail. There are two things that I absolutely hate in this world -with a passion, and they are spiders and maggots !!!!!!! I realise that the baby spiders and baby maggots will have mothers that love them - but I cannot do maggots....so where is DH when you need him...not here....where is DD when you need her....not here, so I had to deal to these flilthy disgusting things !!!!!!!!
    I found some maggo and poured it all over the affected area, and litterally hundreds of these things came squirming out of all the nooks and crannies. The poor wee fella.
    So I then let the maggo do its work, washed all the dying ones off and re maggoed. I have tubed him as well....so am hoping that I have caught it in time. Activists get so pissy about farmers tailing sheep but if you could see what these disgusting things do to a daggy animal, it is gross........the wee thing

Anyway there must be a reason for the scours in the first place, so I don't hold out much hope for the wee fella, but I had to do something ! Watch this space.....

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    My routine is relatively simple.

First, DH cooks all of the food. And does the dishes. And packs the food into boxes and into the bag that we bring to work. So, the first rule is delegation.

After that, it's fairly simple. I pretty much have two meals and a snack (sometimes not a snack) which constitutes about 1500-1700 calories on a 45F/30P/25C split.

Typically, we stop eating at 7/7:30 and don't start again until 11/11:30. Because of my work schedule two days a week, if I'm hungry at 10:30, I'll eat then. Today I was not, so I didn't break the fast until now. . . and it's 1:15. I'll start eating in a minute, even though I'm just a little hungry. Today is likely to be a two-meal day.

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Oh Gwamma, how truly replulsive! I'm a nurse so it takes quite a bit to gross me out, but you did it with that story. That poor wee lamby.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    My routine is relatively simple.

First, DH cooks all of the food. And does the dishes. And packs the food into boxes and into the bag that we bring to work. So, the first rule is delegation.

After that, it's fairly simple. I pretty much have two meals and a snack (sometimes not a snack) which constitutes about 1500-1700 calories on a 45F/30P/25C split.

Typically, we stop eating at 7/7:30 and don't start again until 11/11:30. Because of my work schedule two days a week, if I'm hungry at 10:30, I'll eat then. Today I was not, so I didn't break the fast until now. . . and it's 1:15. I'll start eating in a minute, even though I'm just a little hungry. Today is likely to be a two-meal day.
    Thats fantastic Zoebird. I love it that you delegate the jobs. I certainly try, but it is sometimes easier just to do it yourself !
    Actually as an aside I get so frustrated when people who don't earn a wage, or are stay at home mums or Dads or whatever...are considered to have 'heaps of time on their hands', because they don't go out to work !!!!! I am busier now than ever, in fact I can't remember when I sat down during the day and read a book !!!!!
    We need to start valuing our stay at home parents more in this country. It is one of the most important jobs that a person could have....I reckon !

anyway enough ramblings.... back out to check the wee lamb

...small steps....

OMG - have just popped out to check wee lamb, and I was caught in a hail storm, so I needed to put baby goat under shelter, and call the dog in ...... it was all go...so am now soaked to the skin, cold to the core, and in desperate need of a hot cuppa !!!!!

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i am not really into maggots but they dont phase me. spiders i like as they eat flies. one thing being married to a nut taught me was not to be scared of anything. i was nowhere near so blase about it all before then lol hopefully your little lamb will pull through. just home from town. it was summer when i came home and now we are back into the deepest winter again. i gymed it and it hurts. i managed to pick up two of the 33kg weights and walk with them so it wasnt a fluke. the new shoes feel good doing squats. they definitely feel different to my balance and down the side of my calves to normal gym shoes. i rarely wear my vibrams to the gym precisely coz i need to train unhindered by the wtf comments. we did big compound exercises so 5 sets of deep squats, 5 sets of bench press and bench pull etc. so i will be interested to see if my legs feel different tomorrow. japanese curry for dinner tonight. chicken, prawn and leftover steamed veges in it from dinner last night.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Food score! i have been hanging my venison salami on my washing rack in the living room. it is one of those old wooden ones that you haul up to the ceiling. my house is old with 3m stud. whenever i get the washing rack up or down i check it. it is now all shrivelled and dried. so i cut a piece and tasted it. venison and horopito salami and it is yum. i can feel the fat on my tongue like proper salami and it was venison with no added extra pork fat. i used the meat off the ribs which is fatty. but result or what!

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    Food score! i have been hanging my venison salami on my washing rack in the living room. it is one of those old wooden ones that you haul up to the ceiling. my house is old with 3m stud. whenever i get the washing rack up or down i check it. it is now all shrivelled and dried. so i cut a piece and tasted it. venison and horopito salami and it is yum. i can feel the fat on my tongue like proper salami and it was venison with no added extra pork fat. i used the meat off the ribs which is fatty. but result or what!
    Your salami sounds fantastic Seaweed!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/