Page 64 of 534 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 64

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i make icecream for the kids out of frozen berries and either cultured cream or real cream in the blender. my kids prefer it with real cream. it needs to be straight out of the blender, as it is like softserve icecream then.
    Yum. So that means only making the exact amount you are going to eat? This is where I think I overdid things last night, lol.

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    yes usually just the exact amount. i did overdo it once and i put the extra in one of those little cyclops yoghurt pots with a lid and stuck it in the freezer. my middle child took it to school for lunch but you lose the icecream texture that way. their fave is rapsberry as the berries are smaller so easier to blend up. with strawberries i have to leave them for a while to thaw a tiny bit.
    what has happened to our weather? it is still like mid winter here.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    We don't have a blender, so we melt our frozen berries, then mash them thoroughly with banana and avocado (gives it the creaminess). then I gently stir through coconut cream so that it's red/white, and then chop up some dark chocolate for the chips. Then put it into little cups and freeze it (at the back of the freezer where it gets cold enough). Then it's a great treat for the kiddies. well for grown ups, too, but the bananas blow the carb numbers.

Oh, and what I wanted to say is: OMG I LOVE IF!

Seriously, IF is amazing. I got my period today. NO PMS symptoms AT ALL. seriously. My waist is 26.5 inches (so still going down/holding the same), and my hips are down at 36.5. I'm not doing anything different, just IF!

Also, I would say that overall, my primal is far more "clean" -- and I'm quite happy about that. Simple as can be, really. I think that DH and I look younger, too. I don't know why, but I do.

i have been finding the further away i get from sugar the less i need the bananas. i did make a paleo mug cake the other day with a mashed kumara instead of a banana and it tasted good.

Oh, and what I wanted to say is: OMG I LOVE IF!
    too cold here to IF lol it is still like midwinter.

I don't know, really. I mean, we plan on doing this year-round, so. . .

We get the bananas for DS. Dh and I rarely eat them. DH and I eat berries and citrus as well as the seasonal goodies like feijoa kiwis, and stone fruit. Otherwise, we pretty much leave everything else go, but DS can have anything he wants (apples, pears, bananas, whatever). He mostly eats berries and oranges (his favorites), plus the feijoas, kiwifruit, and so on.

And we eat the kurama, but once a week or so. DH might do twice.

i think it is lots colder in my hood. i walk 6ks with the dog almost every morning in all weathers over rough terrain. recently it has been gales and down pours. i prob could just white knuckle it out and i have experimented a few months back but i feel better if i eat breakfast before i go battle the elements. if you look at the recent seasonal affected disorder thread somewhere here. odds and ends maybe? some one did say about how it wasnt good to IF in the winter. it made sense anyways when i read it in passing this morning.

And we eat the kurama, but once a week or so. DH might do twice.
    we tend to eat more yams. but only roasted with meat. the kids got some 24 hr vomiting bug a while back and now wont eat bananas. i meant more you can use kumara instead of bananas in cakey things as they are lower carb.