Page 63 of 535 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 63

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Morning gwamma.

Yeah we're all jaded this morning too, after a late night out at a friends. My bestie is not primal, but rather a 'sympathiser', and she had a dinner party last night, so there was plenty of good food for me. She even separated the potato from the other roast vege so I didn't have to pick it out. Lots of grilled asparagus, roast chook, steak, salad, yum!

Not sure what we will get up to today, another windy wet one by the looks of it. So will just hang out inside most probably.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hi Lizzie Lou, great that you enjoyed your 'primal' night out. I have a couple of lovely friends who, thou they don't agree with aspects of my lifestyle, they are catering for my needs too - when out. Actually having written that, the loudest argumentative friend, who is a very competent, experienced nurse, did say to me yesterday that one day last week when at work and really hungry, she had some fat (cream in her coffee) and couldn't believe how it nipped the hunger....so maybe, just maybe I am turning that attitiude around.
    Anyway the morning has turned out alot busier than it should..... septic tank worms have all died, bless their wee hearts, so toilets are blocking up rather quickly. We do have 6, so we have couple of days grace. But it is affecting my clothes washing, showers, dishwashers...etc
    and then we had this massive downpour, hail, heavy rain, the whole 9 yards, so mismothered lambs, cold wet baby calves, two really grumpy granchildren and their parents !!!!!
    So I have waved the kids off, vacuumed and washed the floors, 4th dishwasher load in, and now its Gwamma time !
    I hope that you get to put your feet up too LL. perfect day for it
    Actually I need to fit in some kettlebelling, planking, and maybe a walk?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    yes it is so nice to be able to go out and eat without dramas. i still get people trying to give me brown bread when i say i dont do gluten lol do you have worms in your sectic tank gwamma? i am dreading getting mine emptied as i have no idea where the lid is. just had a big downpour here. i was out on the motorcycle and literally got back a minute before it started. temporary me time here too. the outsides of my calves have a dull ache from the 12ks in my new barefoot trail shoes yesterday which means they really are barefoot shoes. so i may go soak in some epsom salts in a hot bath or i may clubbell and then do it.

Hi Seaweed, not such a fun time when on a motorbike in a downpour !!!! What sort of bike do you have ?? We still have the farm bike, but our youngest daughter, who was into motorcross sold her bike before going to the states. The things that she could do on that bike !!!!! I used to go on a camp for heart kids, for many years and the Harley club would come down from Palmy north, or somewhere, and wow - heaps of fun on the back of a fatboy, with a man in leather gear up front. foof, it used to get this old Gwamma all hot and bothered !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yep we have a biolitix system. Lots of problems thou, so am hoping that it will all get sorted sooner rather than later. But bank holiday means - no one at the septic tank worm refiller station !!!!!
    Go easy on the barefoots. Work up to bigger miles. I made the mistake of jumping up the mileage too quickly, and had to pull back a wee bit, and start all over.
    Enjoy your bath !!!!!!

...small steps....

bath was awesome. there was a howling gale outside and it was so hot and steamy it was just nice. i got a harley. altho i am a little over the men in leather on fatboys lol. prefer my men to have guns and knives and dogs these days. i have had five fingers for years now and i have always been fine in them, other than when i run down 480m high hills which makes my calves hurt the next day. i think it is coz i havent worn them over winter other than when we've been whitebaiting which doesnt really count as walking which is why i can feel it today. i was still fine doing the 6k block with the dog this morning so i think it is just transient. i will google the biolitix system as it sounds fascinating. roast chook and veges for dinner tonight. i found some diced hare in the freezer too so i am defrosting that and thinking what to make. i may throw it through the mincer and try this Zucchini Lasagna | Wellness Mama or i may try this Tuscan Hare Sauce with Pasta Recipe | Hunter Angler Gardener Cook without the pasta.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    so, funny story.

I was going through my boxes of items to be sent to NZ (the stuff we left in the US). I culled most of it, but kept the best stuff, and there was this one thing that I couldn't get rid of -- this cool, wool breadbasket that DH and I picked up in our scandi travels. But what to do with the darn thing? I don't want to keep something that isn't utilitarian.

Well, DH suggested that I use it to house my lingerie! LOL He's right, it will be perfect for that. right now, my stuff is just in my drawer in a bag that I kept so that it doesn't get ruined. Once we move DS's clothes over to his bed/dresser, then I will have two whole drawers and one can hold my lingerie which I'll hold in the breadbasket, and then i'll have my socks and PJs beside that. The other drawer holds my yoga clothes, tees, skirts and jeans; then I have my four dresses on hangers on a hook. My lingerie is sort of just sitting in the bag JAMMED into the drawer. So that's not good.

Heh, so funny.

I just realized, you know, I wont' use it for bread anymore, so. . . gotta find a use for it.

A lingerie basket sounds brilliant Zoebird !!!! I love finding 'other'uses for things.
    Seaweed, I so love harleys. They sound a-m-a-z-i-n-g. My brother bought one years ago 40 something grand, and had to chain it to the garage floor !!!!!! I think that they were a sort after item by the burglar squad !!!!!
    I realise that you have had five fingers, but these might be slightly different ???? maybe your feet will need to get used to them ?????
    oh yea the biolitix systems are fantastic - when they work, but when we bought this house, even thou it was anew house, it hadn't been lived in for 2 years, so the poor wee buggars didn't have anything to eat !!!! anyways we have had problems ever since. Very frustrating ! I am sure that come tomorrow, someone somewhere will sort this for us !

has anyone tried making primal crackers ?????
    and the chocolates went down a treat last night !!!!!
    Seaweed how is the internet fling going with JJ from NJ ??????

...small steps....

Seaweed how is the internet fling going with JJ from NJ ??????
    lol i dont do internet flings. i know some people who have had horrific internet dating incidents. yes i have tried making primal crackers. you mean the ones you make by grinding up i think sunflower seeds and sesame seeds, salt and water and then you bake them? they were ok. i have never really liked crackers so i am not the best person to judge.
    my bike has got incredibly loud pipes. it came like that. has saved my ass a few times when people have tried to pull out of roads on me and heard me at the last moment.
    a few suprises for dinner. i got brave and threw a lamb's heart in with the roast chook. the dog was a bit nonplussed i'd stolen one of his hearts lol it was so tasty. kinda like tender lamb, funnily enuf. i gave the dog 1/4 of it so he forgave me. and i made a chocolate mousse for dessert. just coconut milk, vanilla, cocoa powder in the blender with some melted deodourised coconut oil which made it set. onto i think week 6 without sugar so it tasted very nice to me. i have got to the stage where veges taste sweet so i figured it would be fine without sweetner. and OMG i had a cup of green tea after and it tasted good!
    i dont think my new shoes are that different to vibrams. i can feel the spread of my feet in them when i am walking vs my work boots. my toes are also not constricted in the same way they are in my five fingers which i much prefer. they have better grip on the soles which is much better than five fingers on our dirt roads. the ache was one which was more of a subtle stiffness which went away when i moved for a while. i only really noticed it for a short time when i got out of bed.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Seaweed your chocolate coconut mousse sounds yummy. I have been experimenting with icecream and having it come out like mousse, so maybe next I will try making mousse on purpose.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i make icecream for the kids out of frozen berries and either cultured cream or real cream in the blender. my kids prefer it with real cream. it needs to be straight out of the blender, as it is like softserve icecream then.