Page 62 of 534 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 62

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    lol, my dh is a golf fanatic too. But I'm sorry your gift was a flop, maybe it would have been better if he had given it to you.

We had a great anniversary for our 25th, then a few months later the biggest argument of our lives until I feared that we may not make it to 26. We still haven't, actually, but it's not far off so I'm sure we'll make it now. Life certainly has its ups and downs.

Are you ok? Your workouts sound insanely tough.
    Last edited by Annieh; 10-20-2012 at 01:02 AM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Yes Thank you Annie, I am now doing better than last week. My work outs are nothing compared with Seaweeds. In fact I am a total wuss - compared with that girl. She is hardcore, and I am so gonna do my best at the arm wrestle title.....when ever that may be..... no Annie, this old Gwamma is so full of wind, you wouldn't believe !!!!!!!
    but seriously - no offence Seaweed - but you are doing some serious stuff !!!!
    Annie - I know what you are saying about the ups and downs.... life can be just too hard sometimes. However it takes two to tango and two to not, and sometimes I think that the hardest option is to stay and make things work. Anyways Life has taken a positive turn in our camp, so that has to be a good thing, and I too hope that you make it to 26....27....35....45....60 - you know what I am saying.
    hang in there girl..... sometimes its worth it....well trainig another one at my age ??????? I don't think so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Great to hear you sounding so much happier. Perhaps you have released a lot of pentup energy with your kettlebells? How's the food side of things going?

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    but seriously - no offence Seaweed - but you are doing some serious stuff !!!!
    lol you know i only go see the personal trainer at my gym once a week and that is what i totally credit the strength improvements with. if you look up the body by science stuff you only workout once a week. if that. and i worked out it was more financially viable for me to go to town and the gym once during the week and go see the personal trainer than for me to go shopping 2x during the week and go to the gym 2x a week on my own. all the powerlifters and alot of the better local body builders go to my gym so big weights are their focus. having someone there so i cant shirk off, not feel like doing that bit of my program today, even i would never think to try x weight as i wouldnt think i could do it and so on. that makes me be able to do it. the rest of the week, i just walk with the dog. approx 6k a day on school days and i will try to go for longer walks up hills on the weekends i dont have the kids. i throw the clubbells around as they dont have them at my gym and my shoulder needs fixing. i also occasionally do dumbbells or other stuff. what you do has to be maintainable. you need to be able to be doing it when you are 70. i actually met a woman in the gym changing room who was 82 the other day. i was in awe.

foodwise i am winning again. peeling the onion slowly layer by layer. caffeine is the problem but i cant live without it so i am going for balance. famous quote there lol 2 cups a day. max 3. i survived my dinner out last night. steak and salad and water. i did end up having 2 cigarettes to look normal. i am also ditching the nuts other than i will allow myself some flaked almonds when i go shopping. still not loving the green tea.

I do agree with you Seaweed. It is about maintaining a good achievable routine. Have you tried lemon or lime in boiling water ???? It is an acquired taste, but I find it really refreshing, better than green tea. The other thing you could try is cold green tea ????
    I am thinking that I should get me a personal trainer next year. Really work on routine until then, and once that is established get the tweaking thing going with a PT.
    just thoughts !!!! 40 odd people tonight for happy hour...... so if anyone would like to join us....
    Was awake at 2am, couldn't get back to sleep, so have achieved heaps !!!!!! made the cheese log, crackling nibbles, dark chocolates full of apricots cashews and slithered almonds, the bread ingreds are all set to mix (not primal and not for me, but its good bread for those who want to eat it), I actually bake it in tin cans....as in baked bean, cat meat, pineapple tin cans. It looks great - shame it isn't primal !!!!! the aioli is made, the prawns are marinating.......
    anyway can't think what else I need to do, so will have to go and look at the list...........
    so have the best day everyone, and 5.30 at mine tonight, you can be there in body or in spirit !!!!!
    G x

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    we don't really do gifts in our house, so there's no problem there. for me, time is everything. . . time together and experiences. . . that's what I really enjoy. so that is my gift. DH is the same, really. And DS is happy with a modest amount of objects (which my parents usually get him or my ILs on holidays), so we usually take him to do something special -- zoo, movie, bowling, trip on the harbor ferry, etc.

so, that's why we had a nice, experiential weekend.

today is another busy day -- skype with my family, then swimming, then shopping for food (which we are switching to fridays), and then coming home and DS will watch one of his movies while DH and I figure out the new program for our booking system.

Even this really light, play swimming is nice. we're in the water for about 1.5-2 hrs, and just moving around and having fun. it's good.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Also, DH only works out heavy once a week, then does a body-weight/mobility day the other day (which he can do at home/office). then we walk, hike, and are now doing swimming.

For myself, i do my daily yoga practice (which varies in intensity depending), of course walking, hiking, and swimming, and i'm hoping to add 1x week parkour training or another cool training with a PT who runs classes (just doing either/or one time a week) for the LHT. This will gear me up for TM.

I goes well. I need to get more massage, though. I'm going to trade with some folks.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    what you do has to be maintainable. you need to be able to be doing it when you are 70. i actually met a woman in the gym changing room who was 82 the other day. i was in awe.
    Seaweed, this is a great point, and your fellow exerciser is an inspiration.

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    Have you tried lemon or lime in boiling water ???? It is an acquired taste, but I find it really refreshing, better than green tea. The other thing you could try is cold green tea ????
    i always used to have the juice of half a lemon in hot water when i got up so i have been thinking of reinstituting that. then go for my walk, then have breakfast. cold green tea sounds even worse than hot green tea. does the flavour change at all? i may make myself go lay in the sun after lunch on sunny days and put my mp3 player on and zen out with cup of green tea to try to wire my brain to associate it with nice things lol good old addictive personality.

survived the posh seafood restruant which shall remain anonymous. shocking service. good diet food. i had the fish of the day which was drop down dory which is like john dory. 100g of fillets maybe, over a meagre portion steamed veges and a steamed potato cut in half. $39 caching lol i left the potato and had a latte for dessert. it was very nicely cooked tasty fish but i was so hungry by 4pm, i had to go out so as i didnt eat dinner then!

my new shoes are awesome! New Balance WT20BP2 | Shop New Balance they feel like five fingers to wear but they dont jar on the road in the same way. they grip down the hills on our dirt roads and i can run in them.

Well we survived the happy hour. Last visitor left at 11.30pm, so it was more like a happy 6 hour !!!!!!
    I am absolutely knackered, up at 2am yesterday morning, bed at midnight last night......... very tired today.
    Anyway prawns fried in butter, garlic and chilly for breakfast, and now just a lazy old day. Our two wee grandchildren are here, very cute, but both with bowel issues.....so Gwamma is saying "feed them more fat"....you can lead a horse to water !!!!!! I cooked up some crackling yesterday, and have been feeding this whenever their BM isn't looking (BM = bl--dy mother !!!!). Only I am allowd to say that about my daughter !!! LOL

...small steps....