Page 61 of 525 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 61

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post

LizzieLou pleased to hear you survived. how do you learn to like green tea? .
    I never really hated it in the first place it just didn't appeal to me much, but when I researched the anti inflammatory diet for my back green tea was recommended by all. To be honest my back pain gets to the point where i will do almost anything to get rid of it, and I was at the point that I was taking so much codeine at night I was virtually unconscious. My back is a lot better this last few months, although I'm not sure exactly what it is that has worked, but if the green tea had some part in that I'm happy to keep going. It becomes habit I think.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Rangiora show today ! I dropped DDs baby goat into the "pet the farm animals" shed. DH has just rung to say that the wee thing is really a very unhappy goat, so I might need to go and pick him up a wee bit earlier than planned. I can't have my grand-kid getting upset !!!!!!
    kettlebelled this morning - but didn't end up doing any where near the routine that I had planned. So I might just work up to more swings. The actual routine went something like
    20KB swings/1 burpee
    18KB swings/2 burpee
    16KB swings/3 burpee
    14KB swings/4 burpee
    12KB swings/5 burpee
    10KB swings/6 burpee
    8KB swings/7 burpee
    6KB swings/8 burpee
    4KB swings/9 burpee
    2KB swings/10 burpee

anyway I shall have a better go tomorrow.....
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i can almost get into the routine of drinking rooibos so maybe i should make it coffee at breakfast, green tea at lunch and rooibos at dinner with one extra cup of coffee in between or if i am out.

gwamma that is hardcore. i hate burpees. i really like the medatitive qualities of doing big weights with the slowness and control and using the entire length of the muscle. so stuff like burpees leaves me cold. i'd rather go up a big hill and run down, do something fun like hydroslide or get chased by a sealion on the beach for my high intensity stuff lol i was thinking on my stroll down the beach this morning that 20kgs is a big weight to swing up and down like that so you need to be careful of not injurying yourself. and i dont mean losing control and knocking yourself out but that upward momentum on the shoulders and down can be quite alot if you havent worked up to it. so you stop if it starts to hurt or i will come up to canterbury and kick your butt!

home for lunch. surf and bush. pan fried rig and venison and i stuffed up and got the red deer out the freezer instead of the fallow. i am off to town soon to go for a shop. i will look at rebel sport and go swing a 20kg kettle bell around lmao will be very funny to see how many people duck!

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    That's a pretty hardcore workout Gwamma!

I've just been getting back into my body weight workouts and sprints over the past couple of weeks, now that the stressful first few months at the new job are over.

Have been mixing it up for brekkie this week, as I'd got into a rut of eggs every morning.
    This morning's effort was a lamb steak and veggies, mmmm...

Of course, I couldn't leave out the eggs completely :-D
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    show off misabi!! i so want you to come be my cook. beautiful picture.
    i went to rebel sport and they only had a 2kg and a 12kg kettlebell. totally cracks me up the way all the tiny weights there are pink. anyways 12kg too light and too expensive to buy 2. so i got some shoes on sale. new balance minimal trail running shoes with vibram soles. $113 which is not too bad. cheaper than 5 fingers and so much more stealth. black and pink. no more wtf are on your feet comments 4 me. then i went over the road to elite fitness. suprisingly all their dumbbells are about half the price of the rebel ones on sale! they had 32 kg and 2 kg kettlebells which were the nice metal ones. they have smaller, rounder handles than the york ones which i reckon must be safer when you are throwing them around above your head. i tried swinging the 32 kg one and i am gonna need some serious focus there lol i did manage to pick up a 32kg kettle bell in each hand and walk so theoretically i would be able to lunge. i just wasnt prepared to try in the shop in case i couldnt and fell over. i was gobsmacked. i so love my personal trainer as i would never have been able to carry more than my bodyweight like that 4 months ago. still several hundred dollars for 2 of them so i passed BUT they have treadmills for hire. pay for 2 months and get 3. so i am gonna get one. that should cover me till the end of the school hols.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    It's DH's and my 10th wedding anniversary! Yesterday, we had a beautiful fish-and-veggies dinner out. . . gorgerous. Then saw Looper -- very good movie (violent, but excellent. it was never gratuitous, the characters were motivated and sympathetic, the themes powerful, and overall beautifully put together). Then we did a nice moonlit walk along the beaches and up the ridge for some lovely vantage points. Lots of stars!

Got home and watched a ton of comedy shows, went to bed and slept in, then got up and it was such a gorgeous day, that we went out for a LONG hike along the ridges and beaches (about 2 hrs) before heading down to the cafe for a beautiful primal brekkie (they always sub the toast for veg for us!).

Then we went and got DS, went swimming as a family for 2 hrs (nice), and are back home with the kiddo, chilling out and watching some cartoons (donald duck classics, DS's favorites) and waiting on our meat and two veg (BAS and asparagus with butter!).

DS had a GREAT time having a sleep over at his girlfriend's (his first ever). We dropped him off at 3, and the two kids played until 5 when they got take aways (GF fish and chips). Then the kids had a bath together (fun), and then got to watch River Cottage (veg episodes) and have popcorn. After two stories, DS passed out cold in his friend's bed, but she was too psyched. Her dad got her to sleep in their bed (it's all the same room). Apparently, DS sighs and moves about a lot, so they were concerned he was waking, but he wasn't. Middle of the night -- true to form -- he fell out of bed. When this happens with their daughter, she cries and is up for an hour before settling down. DS, true to form again, just got himself back into bed and said "I'm fine. I just fell out of bed. I'm going back to sleep now." And that's it. Right back out. It made them laugh.

In the morning they got up and had porridge with almond milk, then went out to the farmer's market and enjoyed running around and seeing all of the fruit and veg. I gave DS $4 to spend at the market, and so he and his friend bought fruit and enjoyed eating all of it right there. LOL they are fruit fiends.

They went home and played until 2, when we came and got him. Everyone was happy -- no fussing, and DS didn't ask for us once. Everything was great, no problems.

Honestly, I was probably more upset about it than he was. Afterwards he said "That was awesome! When are we doing it again? And can I also stay at Lenny's house and Sol's house sometime?" And of course, his friend is coming over to our place as well . . . they just have to let me know when. The little girl doesn't eat eggs or dairy (allergies), she's also GF, and she doesn't eat a lot of meat, but she loves veg and fruit. I'm planning out a menu and recipes that we can easily make for her. I have a lot of great vegan recipes, so it won't be hard. I just have to pick the seasonal ones.

He's super-psyched to start having sleep overs.

gwamma that is hardcore. i hate burpees. i really like the medatitive qualities of doing big weights with the slowness and control and using the entire length of the muscle. so stuff like burpees leaves me cold. i'd rather go up a big hill and run down, do something fun like hydroslide or get chased by a sealion on the beach for my high intensity stuff lol i was thinking on my stroll down the beach this morning that 20kgs is a big weight to swing up and down like that so you need to be careful of not injurying yourself. and i dont mean losing control and knocking yourself out but that upward momentum on the shoulders and down can be quite alot if you havent worked up to it. so you stop if it starts to hurt or i will come up to canterbury and kick your butt!
    yep I do agree Seaweed - but sometimes we need to up the challenge!!!!!! I have been a farmer....s ....wife for many years so all sorts of heavy stuff going on but..........if it starts to hurt, I will kick my own butt - if I do not stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have also been a competitive swimmer so I do have a sh-t load of upper arm strength, which I so do not like - but now that I am older, it possibly doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    That's a pretty hardcore workout Gwamma!

I've just been getting back into my body weight workouts and sprints over the past couple of weeks, now that the stressful first few months at the new job are over.
    Nah Misabi, I am just doing what us old Gwammas should be doing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I am so pleased that your stressed our moment is over. Nothing quite like stressed out jobs !!!!!!!
    Always a bed, food, and entertainment down our way - if any of my darling MDA friends need time out !!! ok !!!!! good !!!!

i did manage to pick up a 32kg kettle bell in each hand and walk
    Seaweed - you my girl- are a legend !!!!!! You are so much tinier than me but a legend thether-the-less !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    It's DH's and my 10th wedding anniversary!
    DS had a GREAT time having a sleep over at his girlfriend's
    Fantastic Zoe - this is such an important time for children to seperate from their parents, (under 5s) but to know that their parents come back !!!! and also a good wee window for parents to realise that they CAN trust others with their most precious possesion !!!!!!!
    well done you !!!!!!!

Well I went and got little grand-kid, and he really was forlorn....the poor wee goat !!!!!!
    loved his McDonalds chips on the way home thou !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ewwwwww

...small steps....

oh and well done on the 10th wedding anniversary Zoe. Our 28th is coming up....but Dh will possibly forget

I bought him a chimininamera for our 25th anniversary. And that went down like burst balloon ........ sad really, cos I quite liked the hot fire thing going on...... but now....I just don't bother.......sad really

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    oh and well done on the 10th wedding anniversary Zoe. Our 28th is coming up....but Dh will possibly forget

I bought him a chimininamera for our 25th anniversary. And that went down like burst balloon ........ sad really, cos I quite liked the hot fire thing going on...... but now....I just don't bother.......sad really
    A chimi-what??

And congrats Zoe on your Anniversary, glad you celebrated in such style. Here's to many more...

PrimalCon New York
    hi Annie, how you doing ??? oh its a chiminera or something ?????? its like a wee oven with a chimney - really cute.... but not a 25th pressie. I should have thought something that started with......golf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....