Page 6 of 535 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 6

Rose is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'd be up for a paleo conference. We almost need to make a NZ paleo network. I'm not much good at the social media thingy so not sure the best way to do that. But it is certainly comforting to know there are a growing number of us out there. I still feel crowded in by low fat, vegetarian, grain pushing peeps.
    Heard Rodney Hide on Radio Live the other day pushing the paleo thing. Willie thought he was a crack pot. (well, given some of his politics he might be). My hubby is greatly amused that I agree with Rodney Hide about something.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what a paleo conference would entail, but we could always use my offices as a site if we need one.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    My hubby is greatly amused that I agree with Rodney Hide about something.
    Yeah, me too!! Never thought I'd be on the same page as Rodney on anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I don't know what a paleo conference would entail, but we could always use my offices as a site if we need one.
    Awesome - Wellington is a great central venue
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i could hire out the local hall down here too for a venue which is real cool. polished wooden floor. open fire. no cell phone signal. lotsa wild life and primal activities nearby. and no neighbours so we can make as much noise as we like. just projecting as i dont like big cities, even if i do need an excuse to go to te papa.

Heard Rodney Hide on Radio Live the other day pushing the paleo thing.
    exactly the spokesman we dont need. i dont ever really define or put a label on what i do so i can distance myself lol

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Ok seaweed, where is down here ????
    I actually have a bbq house that we could cook, and eat around !!!! its a wee bit like a cave if you close your eyes and think of the "clan of the cave bear " !!!!!may 2011 146.jpg

then we could play what ever takes your fancy, throw the thigh bone, and swim in the creek????..... pitch our tent, or camper van and tell naughty stories around the fire ????????? whilst drinking locally brewed red stuff ???
    sounds like a plan ????

I think we need to organise something - and yes Wellington could be a peerfect venue ? or you could join me in flying over to primal con 2013 ! I am going on my own !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

lol i cant tell you on the net. PM me if you want to know. if you get whitebait in your creek, we need to do it soon before the season ends! we can forage for kai moana near us and go diving for paua if you are real brave. is the red stuff the beer? we're not supposed to drink that it has gluten in tsk tsk lol

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    It's not the most delicious thing in the world, but it makes increasing coconut oil intake heaps more palatable,
    Jac, this statement is puzzling to me. Why would you be eating stuff that isn't the most delicious? To me, the real highlight of this way of eating is that everything is yummy as well as "good for you". I made truffle balls by blending dates, lsa, coconut, cocoapowder and coconut oil. I guess it's true the dates made it somewhat sweeter, I can afford the carbs now, but still I think it would taste ok unsweetened. Do you not like coconut oil? To me it doesn't really taste of much at all.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i won't be going back to the US until immigration is complete, and really only if I can afford it for 3 people (since the little guy costs full flight costs now).

Do you not like coconut oil? To me it doesn't really taste of much at all
    i find coconut oil on its own pretty gross too so i do avoid it, if i cant hide it. since i've been eating the creamed coconut, i can tolerate the actual coconut oil better but it is relatively better, not party time treat better lol. i can get deodourised coconut oil which i use but more for putting on my skin and hair. what i did try the other day was a can of the fair traded coconut milk which is very creamy with straight cocoa powder as a snack. i was thinking of experimenting with adding some melted coconut oil to that to see if i could make a sort of mousse.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There's a mousse recipe here:

Salmon Mousse Gelatin Ring and Raspberry Coconut Gelatin Dessert | Mark's Daily Apple

I have tried it, it's ok but I will keep experimenting as it wasn't totally fantastic.

Also, I bought coconut oil soap from the Rawleigh man, I like it.

Page 6 of 535 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast