Page 59 of 532 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 59

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    have you ever had kina? it is an unreal taste you cant accurately describe. if you like seafood you will like it. in theory you could use something else. even chicken i guess. it is a delicate flavoured mousse so you would want something to compliment that vs something overpowering like bacon or smoked fish altho you could do a smoked fish mousse with maybe cultured cream instead for smoked fish mousse. whitebait could be good for one of the subtle flavours but maybe cook it first. avocado even could be nice then you could ditch the cream. i was thinking of doing a brill roe one with cultured cream when i was on my way around the block this morning. all that broth and gelatin in one place with egg yolk has to be good so it is matter of using that as a base and working out what other combos to put in to make mousse. i am getting hungry and it is only 11am lol

gwamma how far away are the kids going?

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Totally *ME* post (I'll pop back and catch up after lunch)............I just hopped on the scales and I have lost another kg!!!!!!!!! Not sure if its the kettlebells, or the extra green tea (been uping my intake this week) or what? but I'm down to 68kg. Wow. IFing this morning, other than a Latte because I ate lots of naughty food on my road trip yesturday and wasn't hungry yet today, maybe thats the trick.

Yay me!!!! I'll be back after lunch.

way to go LizzieLou! i really dont like green tea here. i practise and i practise but i can only drink it at the pub lol which is not ideal. what has happened to the weather? i had hail not that long ago. now there is a picturesque drift of ice on my deck! i am very pleased i got the dog out this morning while it was only just windy!

Well back from a lovely lunch with the sister in laws, one had coffee only, one had rhubarb crumble and the other ate a salad issues anyone? I had a yummy breakfast grill, with spinach instead of hash, and bratwurst, along with all the usual. Yum, was worth waiting for.

Not so sure about those kina seaweed. I have only eaten them raw on the rocks, straight out of the sea in the coromandel where our farm was where we grew up. Can only recall them tasting of salty sea water and not much else. Not a fan of whitebait either. The flavour is way too subtle to me and they just don't end up tasting of anything other than egg IMO. My husband is happy with this situation because he always ends up with my portion.

Glad to hear that you are back on board today gwamma, although that polyurethane situation sounds awful! Man that would have been a mad panic. What sort of gust of wind can knock over a 5 l tin? Wow!

Not so sure about those kina seaweed. I have only eaten them raw on the rocks, straight out of the sea in the coromandel where our farm was where we grew up. Can only recall them tasting of salty sea water and not much else
    i love eating them like that but you need to find them and there arent many in the waters near me. they have an almost sweet subtle taste that is hard to describe. i wouldnt describe them as particularly salty tho. you must also feel free to double wrap that frozen whitebait in newspaper and send it to me! 2 funny about the s-i-ls lol i have occasionally just had coffee when i have been places but right now i am feeling like jubba the hut from all the nuts i have been eating so it may be back to just coffee for me for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    you must also feel free to double wrap that frozen whitebait in newspaper and send it to me! 2 funny about the s-i-ls lol .
    Will keep you in mind, though you might need to arm wrestle my husband for my off casts. Funnily enough, my sil had eaten two whitebait fritters for breakfast so couldn't possibly eat again until tonight ( insert sarcastic tone here). We are off to one of the sil's for f&c tonight so that ought to take care of my 1 kg loss! I can't be bothered making a fuss about having something else for tea, they'll start to think I have 'food issues' lol!

they'll start to think I have 'food issues' lol!
    you would think you could hide in the crowd there lol maybe those whitebait fritters had something other than just whitebait and eggs in?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    have you ever had kina?

gwamma how far away are the kids going?
    Nope Seaweed - never had it, but you will make it for me when I come down....OK?...good !
    They are only going 20Km down the road !!!! DD is manageing a Dairy farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    ............I just hopped on the scales and I have lost another kg!!!!!!!!!
    Way to go Lizzie Lou ...wooo hoooo, that is awesome. Hopefully It will be me bragging next week....and I don't mean that you were bragging LL, cos that is fantastic !!!!!

You will not believe what I bought at the Rebel sale today............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................guess......................... .................................................. ..............................
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

.....................................keep guessing.......................................... ...

...small steps....

..........................any ideas?.......................................

...small steps....