Page 57 of 535 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 57

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, emotional eating is common (i do it), so I wouldn't get too upset about it.

On the plus side, you saw how your body reacts to such foods, which means that you'll not go that way in the future.

This past time when I had lollies with DS and got headaches, it was pretty shocking to me. I haven't had a sugar head-ache since childhood (goes to show I didnt have much sugar as a kid). Now, I'm rather put off having any sweets!

I always knew I couldn't do pancakes and syrup (hate them), nor twinkies or similar sweets. Even cakes and cup cakes and cookies -- I always had to be mindful as a kid. I could eat mroe as I got older. But now. . . yeah, just a tiny bit of those, if any.

Between the gas/bloating (wheat) and the headaches (sugar), I'm figuring out that emotional eating is not the right way for me, and that I need to just feel my feelings sometimes. Which isn't always easy.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Thanx guys, I just need a wee kick up the rectum !!!! and yes these self experiments do strengthen the resolve.
    I have prepared most of todays food, so if I get hungry at least I will reach for a decent food source.... but I do think that I am over that little hurdle.
    onwards.....
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Gwamma, I totally understand!! I was doing so well, physically, on the vlc - but I wasn't doing so well emotionally. Getting stressed doesn't help . Those carb refeeds sounded so good!! Other people seemed to be able to manage them without going nuts. But not me, apparently. I went completely nuts for over a week. I am finding my way back to the Perfect Health Diet way of eating - definitely paleo, very nourishing, but includes safe starches every day. For me, that's bananas and kumara, with a bit of potato occasionally. Rice doesn't trigger me to eat more, but it does bloat me, so I keep it to a minimum.

This is their food plate. It works for me.

Food-Plate-600dpi.jpg

Anyway - I'm resurfacing from a fairly scary detox from coke zero AND all other artificial sweeteners. I haven't been able to face the thought of focusing on anything else til now. Sometime over the next day or so, I'll time my planks and get on board with y'all . It's bucketing with rain here, and I'm about to jump in the car and go to a meeting in Auckland. I have a Jack Reacher book to listen to on the ipod, and new windscreen wipers, lol. Should be an interesting day!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    coke zero and the like is truly evil. my whole family is addicted (parents, sister, etc). so sad.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzielou View Post
    It is so frustrating that anyone you tell about Primal just looks at you like you're a monster from outer space and disregards everything you say. My mother just got so hooked up on cholesterol and how mine will be through the roof given all the eggs I eat (like dietary cholesterol from eggs hasn't been ruled out for decades now) that she couldn't even understand that I don't eat sugar in any form.
    I find that people are more receptive to the anti-wheat and anti-sugar sides to primal.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    I have a Jack Reacher book to listen to on the ipod!
    Ooooh is it the latest one? I've read them all except the latest one which my husband is currently reading, and he's taking sooooo loooooong to finish it. I've finished the second Game of Thrones book and a whole Harlan Coban in the time its taken him to get 3/4 the way through. He reckons he's savouring it . My turn next.

Good day for a road trip, I'm off to Wanganui with the oldies. Picked up the transit van this morning - fun times.

Gwamma - good on you for fessing up. You know what? You are totally normal......we all go off the rails from time to time, its just human nature. The trick is to get motivated again and get back on track. Lord know's I do this often enough, I've 'graduated' from WW three times already, each time I get to my goal weight and then I go and stack it back on all over again. So stupid, but there we go.

I've got the latest jack reacher book. Am happy to send it - just pm me and I will get it in the post
    Thanx for all the encouragement. I will get over this ...... one day !!!!!!!

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    it is the emotionally not doing well which always kicks me in the ass. and everytime i go off the rails it is like peeling another layer of the onion and i find something else that triggers it. if i totally avoid sugar and grains. no exceptions that keeps me in line but if i have too much caffeine i think i then get too much cortisol and it all starts again. i do sometimes get a glimpse of what i think is clarity and i have it all nutted out. my current theory is after however long we have all been alive and the things that have happened to us over that time. the crap food we've eaten. the life choices we have made too. all negatively impact. we are all in different states depending on all of these things which is why one thing doesnt work for all. so if i say have too much caffeine and amp up my cortisol too much, my ability to deal with all other areas of my life gets very tenuous indeed. which is a snowball effect as then the kids act up, the dog misbheaves, the horse escapes etc as they all know i am napping on the job lol so i then emotional eat and it goes on.

i kettlebelled today at the gym. i went to see my horrid personal trainer who i absolutely adore. he isnt really horrid, he just makes me do things way out of my comfort zone. they only have up to 10kg kettlebells and i am still struggling to see what you can do with them that you couldnt do with a dumbbell. i just did walking lunges and then kettlebells swings for 1 minute with 2 x 10kg kettle bells. i actually reckon they are more dangerous than a clubbell lol any of those one handed overhead swings and it could all be over as you have less control on the grip.

gwamma i would give you a hug and cook you some venison and low carb veges if you were here xx

Oh Seaweed - you wee thing, I will accept any hugs coming my way, and will also kick my own butt !!!! LOL

I AM loving my wee kettlebell, but am looking at getting a really BIG one for some swings....however I could try a bucket full of stones ???? wish me luck as I head off to find some stones

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    lmao the trick is not to get the bucket too high and lose the stones on your head! maybe fill a bucket up with concrete and let it set? i really hated the swings. i think coz i prefer more slow controlled movements with lots of weight. i just prefer that type of pain myself. you can do swings btw with a dumbbell. just hold one of the ends and swing. the other thing i want to get is a sandbag. they have always looked way cool and very useful.