Page 56 of 525 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 56

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    it is always windy here! the farmer's daughter looked like an extra for a zombie movie as she had blood all over her neck too. all we needed was a run up the hill as it was very boggy, and we could have done one of those zombie runs thru the mud lol

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    or you could have done a tough mudder !!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zombie runs are tough mudders in fancy dress i thought? i am cruising kettlebell stuff as i am going to the gym tomorrow and they have loads. i still havent seen anything i couldnt do with a dumbbell?

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Zombie runs are runs where you get mauled by fellow runners (dressed as zombies) at regular intervals, and you need to use teamwork frm fellow non-zombie runners to get through them.

So there are some similarities, yes.

We went swimming again today. The boy is getting more accustomed to the water.

I taught 3 classes back-to-back, did my supervision, and ate and went swimming. I have another class to teach in about 13 minutes, so that will be my last one, and then I go home and SLEEP. well, I'll probably eat.

Oh, and I tidied the house this morning. It takes no time at all, but it was literally just tidying, not actually getting through the things that I need to (going through toys, clothes, and "stuff"). Decluttering is imperative for me.

anyway, this weekend is for decluttering, and I'm happy about that.

Made the first step in a business deal with a local hotel/gym. Hoping to get free membership PLUS some cash-flow from it.

Zombie runs are runs where you get mauled by fellow runners (dressed as zombies) at regular intervals, and you need to use teamwork frm fellow non-zombie runners to get through them.
    so a combo of a tough mudder and a mud wrestle?! i so missed my op as that would be right up my alley. i used to wrestle back in the day lol

i managed 2 iron crosses today with my clubbells without knocking myself out. i am so rapt! my shoulder is so definitely getting better.

way to go seaweed. Those clubbells would be dangerous in the wrong hands !!!! thrilled that the shoulder is getting better as well.
    Zoebird you are one busy wee lady !!!! and thrilled that the wee fella is getting more accustomed to the water. It is certainly a good skill to have !
    planked for 1min 20sec, so am s-l-o-w-l-y getting better !!!

...small steps....

i can be quite dangerous with them myself but it is good motivation to keep your grip strong as the last thing you want is to knock yourself out lol 20 secs is a 33% improvement if my maths isnt wrong so that is awesome. fingertip planks are next!!

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    planked for 1min 20sec, so am s-l-o-w-l-y getting better !!!
    LEGEND!!! So impressed. Will have to up my game......the kettlebelling is going well, bit sore, but then I'd expect that for day 3. Just working on my technique tonight, going through a few different YouTube vids to see how it is done.

Okay so time for me to fess up !!!!
    I have had the worst fortnight in living history. Nearly divorced, grumpy, cant lose weight, stressed, want to totally crawl under a wee rock and just chill......... so me thought that possibly what I needed was a carb refeed. So quietly without advertising the fact - I roasted pounds of the things, and ate.... and ate...... and ate these bloody potatoes. Trouble was I suddenly started craving sugar !!!!! and I was sooooo hungry..... so for the first time since starting this lifestyle I reached for some lollies, and they went down a treat, then more lollies, I was eating crackers and cheese....all sorts of SH-T !!!!!
    For two whole days this went on and then ..... wham.... not sleeping, bloating like you wouldn't believe, my mouth is FULL to over flowing with ulcers, hungry like you wouldn't believe !!!!!!
    so yesterday I went back to totally paleo....... fat, meat, vegs
    slept last night - like a log, feel full again, tummy has de-stended........
    back on track....phew....but how path-et-ic am I ????????

...small steps....

oh gwamma! no you arent. i think i have already said that i cant do carb refeeds. they just stuff me up for weeks and i still stuff up on a regular basis. it took me 2 weeks to get back to normal after one GF flour incident. and i was only being polite eating it. what i really hate is the way it totally f*cks with your head. just a piece of food, you wouldnt think. but it does. next time i am going to just politely say no coz at the end of the day, you have to look after yourself. it is good in some ways to find out the hard way that there is a reason we avoid this stuff. at least you can feel vindicated and not question yourself when you have to say no to that wee bit of "treat". and you can smile and nod with glazed over eyes at all those "a little bit of what you fancy.." lectures whilst day dreaming about something far more appropriate. like kettlebelling lol
    gyming it today and shopping. yay. i can get all the funky stuff like kina and muttonbirds as i have no kids for the long weekend.