Page 55 of 535 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 55

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i am gonna bbq the tails when the kids are at their dads. too much peer pressure on these sorts of things. just make sure if you are doing one side raise at a time that you dont lean away from it to take the weight. that is why you do both sides simultaneously. it is harder lol 6kgs is a decent weight to do. i hate lateral raises. my least favourite upper body exercise. i find it helps if i really focus on using my lats instead of my arms. it is quite tricky but lots of exercises you can compensate and use your arms instead of what you are supposed to be using.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I will have a wee play with my free weights.
    A new day has dawned - so a new beginning for my journey !!!!!
    lets see how the day goes !!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Morning Ladies

Good luck with your new 'journey' Gwamma. Its easy to get complaicent and lose momentum some times isn't it? You'll be fine I'm sure, just keep looking towards the end goal.

I had a great evening kettlebelling in the lounge while watching MKR final. I did the beginners routine twice over and I was really struggling by the end, the ol' muscles were getting quite fatigued. I'm hoping to have some improvement with my planking by Friday since there are lots of core strengthening exercises in my routine. Not doing too much actual planking though because its a bit hard on my poor toe.

Little miss had a great nights sleep and has woken up this morning with a normal temp (yay!). Not quite well enough to go to day care though (dammit) so another short day for me. I'm taking a bus load of oldies to Wanganui for lunch tomorrow, so she can help me do some baking for that trip this afternoon, and I still need to plant all my seedlings on the deck too so plenty to do.

Thanx LizzieLou. I have had a couple of really bad days, but am over it now, and onto new things !!!!!
    Where was the beginners routine posted, I am terribly ditsy today and cannot find anything for looking. Well I actually found a couple of routines, but not a decent full blown, work your bottomus off sort of routine !!!! LOL

We had a Maori neighbour who loved tailing time. As soon as we had counted the tails they were sent on there merry way to his place, same with the testicles of calves that we were cutting....me....couldn't think of anything worse

...small steps....

found some kettlebelling with Steve Cotter - looks like a plan .......

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Where was the beginners routine posted, I am terribly ditsy today and cannot find anything for looking. Well I actually found a couple of routines, but not a decent full blown, work your bottomus off sort of routine !!!! LOL
    Try page 51 of our thread. If you search youtube for beginners kettlebell rountines there are a few different ones on there, but some are way too easy.

found it thank you LL

...small steps....

Just finished planting my deck (with the help of little miss) we now have a lemon, two blueberries, one Chilean Guava, a cucumber (hoping to trail that along the deck edge but we'll see), lots of strawberries and lettuce. Looking good for a summer crop. I'm trying to work up the courage for some cherry tomatoes, but they require a bit of hassle (spraying and tying up etc) so not sure if I'm up for it.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    chilean guavas are superyummy if you let them ripen properly on the bush. the scent is unreal. i have returned from tailing splattered in blood and smelling of sheep. i tried to focus on the exercise aspect and made sure i picked up all the big lambs. i so would rather be shooting things than tailing but i didnt say that! much better on the animal rights. i could eat the tails as i like oxtail but the testicles i struggle with the concept of eating. i do have a deal with my dog so between us we usually manage the whole beast if i get one whole. we do end up scrapping over the liver and the heart and the kidneys. but after that, we are both happy and decent dog tucker is so expensive i dont feel guilty lol

i got my mayonnaise out of the fridge for lunch as i had a leftover hard boiled egg and it has set like a mousse. incredibly flash tasting and looking. i am very impressed. how is that kettlebelling coming on? i am going to clubbell after i have had a shower and washed the sheep off me.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Glad the taling is done and dusted. Its always windy when we tail, which creates that spatter of blood everywhere but !!!!
    The garden sounds great LizzieLou, also I think a sampling of the produce will be in order when all the hard work is done, and ready to eat LOL

...small steps....