Page 54 of 534 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 54

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    i will definately try that one. I actually saw a cast iron wok in Briscoes the other day, and think I might pop back and grab it. I love my cast iron fry pans and casserole dish, I use them all the time.
    Anyway tomorrow, I am gonna revamp my lifestyle. Have been dragging the chain, and need to tweak a few things, so heres to tomorrow......a song comes to mind....tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow, your only a day away .........
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i am going tailing tomorrow morning so i dont want to think about that! i got my cast iron wok from briscoes on sale. ridiculously low priced. i also got a couple of small cast iron skillets for like $15 which are awesome. my old trusty cast iron fry pan i have had for years and use all the time as well. how's the kettle balling coming on? if i get a chance to go to the gym at the weekend when i am in town, i will have a play with some of the ones there. so any ideas for good exercises to try other than the trusty kettlebell swing would be good.

had a wee play with the kettlebell. managed a couple of side arm lifts, but need to find a thread that shows me some good ones to do. So tomorrow, I will ditch the Husband, no computer work, well maybe an hour or two, and I am gonna spend some quality time on ME.
    last wine tonight for a wee while !!!!!!

...small steps....

Do you use the scissors with the tailing or rubber ring ????

...small steps....

the rubber ring.

are side arm lifts like lateral raises?

probably - how would this old Gwamma know what the correct name is ????? wheres coach palfrey when you need him !!!!! LOL

...small steps....

lmao a lateral raise is where you raise your arms to the side in line with your body. you should get them up at a horizontal line with your shoulders. i could prob google a you-tube. i find kettlebells quite awkward to hold for those sorts of movements which is why i would use a dumbbell personally for that.

ok so yep managed that - but only a couple each side....and only for a few milliseconds.
    Can you come and be my personal trainer ???????
    We have gas scissors for our tailing, and they work really well. Cuts, seals and disinfects at the same time, the poor little buggars !!!!

...small steps....

i have studied personal training and i wouldnt be without my one. he is awesome. my extravagance. you have like 6kg kettlebells? and you do both sides together or one at a time. lift and hold or lift up and down?

the chicks i used to weave with from down south reckoned the tails were a total delicacy if you bbq them. i know someone who does them that way vs the bands so i am gonna ask for a few.

yea the old Maori neighbour used to love getting the tails, he was exstatic !!!!!!
    Nope I just lifted them out, held for as long as I could and then down. Not very strong, but I am gonna do some serioso training now that I have me a wee challenge !!!!!

...small steps....