Page 53 of 533 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Our own little Kiwi Thread ! page 53

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    or - get on a plane and come on down to my little cave-haven. We could go shopping, and do coffee, and write posts all day long on MDA........
    Shit I so need to get meself back to work !!!!!!
    but I do love some of these threads. Very VERY addictive !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member
    Work? Pft!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    oh yes and Seaweed, we can still have a bloody good arm wrestle whilst fluffing the hair, pouting the lips and wearing high heel shoes - so none of this "I am a lady" stuff. In fact we could have a quick tussle whilst in our super good clothes - i can't wait !!!!! left arm and right arm thank you !!!!!! However i will stop at the leg wrestle, I so don't like those ones !!!!!!
    lmfao you are so funny. i usually wear work boots and jeans and i am actually left handed too lol we could do it for fun tho. there is a fine line on the whole lady like thing. i am a total tom boy but you still need to get treated with respect which is more where i mean by being a lady not stuck up being a lady.

Maybe I should challenge the SIL's to an arm wrestle? They'd probably kick my arse though, given the hours they spend in the gym. Mind you the malnutrition might go against them, so there might be hope.
    you will prob kick their asses as they prob only use 2lb weights max in case they bulk up lol failing that, you could drop a kettlebell on them!

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i usually wear work boots and jeans and i am actually left handed too lol we could do it for fun tho.

!
    you are on girl !!!!!

...small steps....

lol i will have to go train. 2 funny. i do know men who arm wrestle for fun but they are literally twice the size of me in all directions. i will flounce the long blonde hair at them and pout and ask for lessons and they will prob die laughing!

on the strength front. i did 10 lateral raises, full ROM, that is from my sides to having my arms out straight parallel with my shoulders, with 5kg dumbbells and with no pain today which means my shoulder is better! i am so happy. i love my clubbells. they so have helped. i am up to 5 double arm casts when i could hardly manage one before.

for cooking lol the food update. i made mayonnaise and ran out of light olive oil half way thru so used deodourised coconut oil and no one noticed. i am still in love with the butter chicken recipe gwamma. ghee rig and prawns for tea tonight.
    Last edited by seaweed; 10-15-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: lmao i put pounce instead of pout!

Oh shit, if you train.... then I am gonna have to triple train.... I am sooooo unfit
    I best do a plank first and see where that takes me !
    I also love the butter chicken, however everyone in my house is so sick of it - I have made it too many times lol.
    Little grandson number 1 is three today. I cannot believe how quickly time goes by. Very cute wee fella
    ok off to do some kettlebells right now !!!!!!

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I passed along the butter chicken recipe to DH, but he says it's too hard. LOL he's the recipe man, so I try to keep it simple for him.

kiddo had an enjoyable day in the sun here in wellly. all morning with his girlfriend, then the park at the waterfront, and we gave in and got him ice cream on the way back to the car. He's running around the house with his "knives" now (sticks).

my house is a mess and I need to tidy it.

tell DH that I often put everything into the crockpot and leave it to cook !!!!! Althou I don't put both yohurt and coconut cream...either/or. easy peasy - as Jo Seagar would say !
    Actually I went to one of her courses about a year ago, what a fantastic lady. Lots of fun !!!!!

...small steps....

Oh shit, if you train.... then I am gonna have to triple train.... I am sooooo unfit
    you know what inspired me to do big weights and what finally nailed it home to me that i was never gonna get like arnie was an absolutely awesome masters 3 female powerlifter at my gym. i used to attend some of her personal training sessions when i was studying. she turns up with her old lady coat on and looks just like an old lady. she had good posture. was a few inches shorter than me with the usual slightly more round abs older women get. weighed about the same as me. if you had to guess which of us could smoke the other on all the exercises by appearances hahaha till... she could bench press 52kgs on the bar and deadlift about 110 kgs or even poss more!! i nearly fell over. apparently 2 years previously she had struggled to bench the bar for 20 reps. a total inspiration and she was such a cool person too. so yeah. never ever too late. do it.

I also love the butter chicken, however everyone in my house is so sick of it - I have made it too many times lol.
    try japanese curry instead. i have made it with venison and wild pork in the past and it uses bone broth so it is good for that reason alone. there is a recipe here. Japanese Curry Recipe | Japanese Recipes i also do the one here Katsu-Curry with Black Curry Recipe you need to primalise then and also use a different thickener. i just use a smidgen of tapioca starch myself. i serve mine over steamed cauliflower and veges or you could even do zucchini noodles which i love.